It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is There a link between the Japan Quake of march 11th 2011, a meteor and a whirlpool?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I have just posted a reply to another thread and wanted to go into depth in regard to what i believe to be a connection in relation to the thread title.
I have no idea as to which forum i would put this one in as its just a theory of mine thats all.

I believe that the earthquake that struck Japan and caused all of the destruction is possibly connected to a possible meteor strike.

The reason i believe this, well i will provide the evidence and hopefully you will see what i am talking about.

First and foremost we had the massive earthquake that struck Japan, It was the most powerful known earthquake ever to have hit Japan.
Details of the quake

Following the earthquake was a tsunami and we are all well aware of what devastation it caused but there is something i personally feel we all missed.

A massive whirlpool that was even captured by news crews etc, link to video below
Whirlpool

Now what gets me is how and what causes whirlpools to form? One example is pulling a plug in the bath.
Heres more on whirlpools

Last but certainly not least is the FACT that within days an Asteroid the size of a house

An asteroid the size of a house zoomed by Earth Wednesday, flying within the orbit of the moon just one day after astronomers spotting the space rock in the sky, NASA says. The small asteroid 2011 EB74 was about 47 feet across and posed no threat of hitting Earth, since it was too small to survive the trip through the planet’s atmosphere. Instead, the asteroid passed our planet at a comfortable distance of about 203,000 miles when it made its closest approach at 5:49 p.m. EDT, NASA officials said. For comparison, the average distance between the Earth and the moon is about 238,000 miles. The flyby of 2011 EB74 is about 0.85 Earth-moon distances, officials said. Astronomers discovered asteroid 2011 EB74 Tuesday as part of the ongoing Catalina Sky Survey, a project based at the University of Arizona to seek out previously unknown near-Earth objects like asteroids and comets.

The thing is apparently it was only spotted the day before.

I am putting this up here because i think there is a possibility that the dates are wrong, for what reason who knows but the evidence is there.
Earthquake-tsunami-whirlpool-asteroid.

I may be wrong but thought i would share, but hey if they only managed to spot this one day before......well hey
edit on 2-1-2012 by Lee78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Lee78

It's very possible,but right now I feel like crying.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by diamondsmith
reply to post by Lee78

well thanks

2nd

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lee78

Originally posted by diamondsmith
reply to post by Lee78

well thanks

2nd
For those people in Japan.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
What worries me is if the statement is true, they only had one day to act/prepare
and secondly i believe that maybe this meteor actually hit or a part of it, hence the massive quake,tsunami and whirlpool.
Now correct me if i am the only one who sees this.....please.

The annoying thing for me is also the billions £$ etc spent.....where?

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
There is no blast wave damage.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Lee78

quake,tsunami and whirlpool.
Three terms together are the key to...llumination..still crying!

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by JonoEnglish

Fair point but wouldnt a blast wave be determined by shape? However you have a very valid point that will probably close my thread.......thanks

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
An asteroid that size would create a visual trail of a couple thousand miles at a visual magnitude of about 10% the brightness of the moon for approximately 20 minutes to a half an hour and I seriously doubt it would have gone undetected.

Of course I just pulled all of that hypothetical information out of my butt.

Information we have however indicates an earthquake nearly 9 miles below sea level, There is no ocean depth near nine miles deep. Only underwater earthquakes create tsunamis.

I conclude it was an underwater tectonic plate shift in one of the most active plate tectonic locations in the world's crust, near Japan where 4 different plates intersect, the heart of 'The Ring of Fire'.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
While I would never criticize someone for a theory....it is always fun to discuss possibilities...I have to say that the cause of this earthquake is no mystery.

It is called a subduction zone. Capable of producing quakes even larger than the 9.1 that struck Japan. The whirlpool was caused by the massive movement of the water due to the displacement of the seafloor.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

I was merely putting forward a theory, nothing more nothing less. I am well aware of what has been stated but due to another thread it reminded me of this.
I am assuming the whirlpool was located above the rift then?

Mods feel free to close the thread by all means, i was just sharing what i thought.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
The whirlpool could be formed in any bay, or creek of a larger body of water that applies pressure or drainage of that particular area of the body of water.

There is a place in Canada that has 50-foot tides, it leaves peculiar land structures. It is not unknown, in fact a tourist attraction.

There are many wonders of this world's life in our system and many more on other world's we are trying to analyze and understand but this kind of research is but a baby now and better technological detection advances reveal things today we would never have thought of even just 50 years ago. We live now in a great technological aided awareness time in history. Embrace it, try to understand it. it needs no conspiracies to provide wonder, discovery is more wonderful than speculation.

Answers are priceless.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Ive said it time and time again. Quakes cause aftershocks(which japan had many) Asteroids impacts do not. Simple. PS japan is a VERY active seismic area. There are quakes their EVERYDAY. Nice theory for a movie, but not possible.
edit on 2-1-2012 by AllUrChips because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
You missed this part I think:

Originally posted by Lee78

NASA says. The small asteroid 2011 EB74 was about 47 feet across and posed no threat of hitting Earth, since it was too small to survive the trip through the planet’s atmosphere.

Besides that, if it had hit, as has been pointed out, no fireball was observed/reported. There would also have been sonic booms if an asteroid had penetrated low into our atmosphere.

On top of that, the US DOD/USAF have satellites that would have detected an energetic event in the atmosphere such as a fireball, as they often do.
edit on 2-1-2012 by C.H.U.D. because: formating

top topics

join