It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Verdict awaited in trial of 'CIA spy': Iran official

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Verdict awaited in trial of 'CIA spy': Iran official

www.dailystar.com.lb...

A trial in Iran of an American-Iranian man accused of being a CIA spy has finished and he is now awaiting the verdict, the country's chief prosecutor said Monday, according to the Mehr news agency.

The prosecutor, Gholam Hossein Mohseni Ejeie, also rejected a US government call for the accused man, Amir Mirzai Hekmati, to be released.

The prosecution has demanded the "maximum punishment" in the case, which presumably means the death penalty.

Hekmati, a 28-year-old former US Marine born in the United States to an Iranian immigrant family, was shown on Iranian state television mid-De
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.khaleejt imes.com
1click.indiatimes.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Report: Dozens of U.S. spies captured in Lebanon and Iran
edit on 2-1-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
It's doubtful this man possesses much information that would be considered worthy for the Iranian's who interrogate him, but I'm wondering if he snitched his heart out in the hopes of a deal.

In his sole trial hearing, on December 27, prosecutors said Hekmati's "confession" showed he worked with the US Central Intelligence Agency to try to infiltrate the Iranian intelligence ministry by posing as a disaffected former US soldier with classified information to give.

Maybe he will lead them to other spies and perhaps even more valuable information on the American intelligence presence in the area.

(visit the link for the full news article)

www.dailystar.com.lb...

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
from the article:

Hekmati, a 28-year-old former US Marine born in the United States to an Iranian immigrant family, was shown on Iranian state television mid-December saying in fluent Farsi and English that he was a CIA operative sent to infiltrate the Iranian intelligence ministry.

Hmmm...

I wonder if they had him doped up or something ? Anybody got a youtube vid ?

Or, maybe he is not the real McCoy, like a fictitious shill ?

We need some research on this boy, it could be Mossad at work !

The whole thing is too easy.

IMO.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Found a vid:

Regrettably I don't speak Farsi.

If Mossad were somehow involved in this I would not be surprised.

Nothing surprises me anymore. I just don't see a connection yet, have you found any?

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Do they have a guantanamo bay. An eye for an eye I figure. At least this chump got a trial as we all know with new american law , no trial needed to detaining anyone . Typical double standards from washington , do as we say not as we do . Washington can shut their &^%$#@g mouth about releasing him . They can just remember Omar Ahmed Khadr .

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by freedomSlave

Like you said, it looks like he gets a fair trial. They even said he most likely will not get the death penalty.

Guantanamo Bay is an embarrassment to the American government.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
It does seem that Israel is a bit nervous.

They claim that Iran claims that our boy is Mossad and CIA at the same time !

Published: 12.18.11, 23:44 / Israel News

Iran's state TV broadcast video of a young man Sunday it claimed was a CIA and Mossad spy who sought to infiltrate Iran's secret services.

The TV identified the man, apparently in his late 20s, as Amir Mirzaei Hekmati, an American-Iranian who received special training and served at US military bases in Iraq and Afghanistan before heading to Iran for his alleged intelligence mission.

In the taped confession, Hekmati allegedly recalled how he got recruited into the secret service: "When (the US secret service) discovered that I speak a little Arabic and a little Persian, they said 'we want to send you to university to study Arabic. We can give you some work, and if you're successful, we'll continue to train you and give you more missions. This mission requires you to go to Iran.'" ........

read further for the real cloak 'n dagger story !

American- Iranian man 'confesses' to being double agent sent by CIA to infiltrate into Tehran intelligence agency

OhOh......

I thought Mossad and CIA agents don't "talk" ??

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Truth4Thought

Guantanamo Bay is an embarrassment to the American government.

I don't really agree if it is an embarrassment to the American government , I think they rather enjoy knowing it is there where they can abuse, torture , degrade anyone they see fit. It is an embarrassment to the citizens of America with half a brain .

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Lol waiting for the verdict?

It was already determined before they decided to even arrest him.

Convenient the arrest came this quick along with the verdict, where in all other cases its taken years to resolve, usually ending with a payoff.

Iran all of a sudden wants to talk. My guess is this guys life will hang on the response.

top topics

join