It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists find sea floor 'bridges' across the Mariana trench - the deepest place on earth.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   
www.dailymail.co.uk... bEpafe

The bridges are created when mountains on the sea floor are pulled into the earth's crust by enormous geological forces. The mountains, sticking up from the Pacific ocean plate, form 'bridges' as the the Pacific plate disappears into the earth's crust under the neighbouring Philippine plate. 'It wasn't common knowledge these bridges occurred at all,' said James Gardner, a University of New Hampshire scientist who found the structures. Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   

edit on 3-1-2012 by Cole87 because: Post on wrong thread.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by spoonbender
Bridges...?
not sure I understand
are they talking Artificial structures...
or like underwater land bridges..?

Originally posted by Communicationwillfreeus

Originally posted by spoonbender
Bridges...?
not sure I understand
are they talking Artificial structures...
or like underwater land bridges..?

Good question, I would like to know the answer to that.

Thanks OP interesting read I wish others would do the same and read the information.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 05:49 AM
link   
The oceans are amazingly interesting.

Did you know there are huge lakes of very dense water on the bottom of the ocean?

The water is so dense, that our explorer subs cannot penetrate them with even a metal appendage.

They sit on the surface of these lakes like they were sitting on bedrock.

I always theorize that the movie "the Abyss" is probably closer to the truth than we think.

If I were going to set up a civilization here and didn't want the local land monkeys in my business, I'd go deep too.

Starred and Flagged!

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by digitalbluco
I just want to see if I am reading this right. Earth sucked down these mountains some, which turned them on their sides, so the pointy mountain tops are now facing each other, with some connecting, and those connecting points are the bridges they are speaking of?
I've been reading a ton tonight, so my brain is currently fried. Apologies.

Also, what does this have to do with ancient & lost civilizations?
edit on 1/2/2012 by digitalbluco because: (no reason given)

Last question first - Dont think it has anything to do with ancient and lost civilisations. It is posted in the Fragile Earth forum.

Was wondering if you could point me to where in the article it states the bridges are made by TWO mountains peak to peak? From what I read, I understood the use of the word "mountains" to mean it had happened more than once, not that it took more than 1 mountain to form a bridge. I may have missed something, as at least 2 posters have commented on the peak to peak thing, but I cant see anything in the article indicating this to be so.

Not at you DigitalBluco, just in general-

Would it not have been easier, and more in-fitting with an information sharing forum, to just answer the posters question regarding if they were artificial bridges or "underwater land bridges" for want of a better term?
Its certainly not crystal clear from the small amount included in the OP (although i must admit it was clear enough for me), and if for some reason they are not able to access the linked article, then its a fairly reasonable question (and even if its not, what harm would it have done to simply answer it without getting on your high horses), especially on a site which deals a lot with these ancient alien/civilisation theories. I mean, there is at least a few posts that say nothing regarding the topic, and are just posted to poke fun at the other member. Theres really not much need for it.
I do understand that people regularly post asking for info that was included in the OP, and they need to learn to read things in full, but It just gets annoying when reading a thread, and a fair portion of it is nothing to do with the subject and simply bashing or baiting other members. At least their questions were relevant to the topic.
I dont want to sound like the self appointed ATS Police or anything, It just bugs me when people seem to be belittling others.

Oh, and to answer the question, the OP is about naturally forming bridges. Not artificial structures.

Peas

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Sometimes I wonder what it takes..........I can't remember how many times I wrote about the Marianna Trench being the deepest of our waters............ and that the many Alien Species (that many here at ATS seek to discover) live in the deepest of our waters.

Now I wonder how long it will take for the same to come to light about the Puerto Rican Trench and the connections with the Bermuda Triangle and the Dragon's Triangle.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by isthisreallife

Underwater rivers occur due to differences in saline content.
Deep Sea River

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by isthisreallife

not really, it occurs in lakes of all sizes all around the earth.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Most of you dont know this but earth is expanding, it was 1/3 the current size just 200 millon years ago and is still expanding to this day, what you see there is just a stretchmark

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by VonDoomen
reply to post by spoonbender

read the OP people!!

This is provided 3 sentences into the very first post.

The bridges are created when mountains on the sea floor are pulled into the earth's crust by enormous geological forces.

so do you only read the first 2 lines of any thread?

I did read the Op Folks!
and it still didn't resonate an understandable explanation for me...
hence asking questions

Just because someone states they Don't Understand ....is not evidence the person has not read the OP

I also like how you[vondoom] respond to my post, then generalize Your response to everyone
Oh and to everyone else that responded to my post ...
what are you the Thread Gestapo

get a grip

edit on 1/3/2012 by spoonbender because: explanation for multiple d-bags

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
As an ex-diver, can I say there are many "anomalies" much closer to the surface that bear examination. For instance, off the Thomas reef in the Straits of Tiran, at a depth of 52 metres there's a large chasm in the reef wall. There's a "bridge" over it! I know because I swam under it!
Also, looking further down the precipice, there are two further chasms in the rock face. One at about 62 metres and another at about 72 metres!
Lack of bottom time (on air) at those depths must be considered as one runs the serious risk of decompression sickness. (The Bends). So I couldn;t stay too long. Those underwater bridges ARE there though, I 've seen them with my own eyes!

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by angelchemuel
OK....Way left field and out of the box....but there are at least a couple of good visual charts here
poleshift.ning.com...

Rainbows
Jane

LOL! Ok thanks angelchemuel, I remember back when bush was running for his second election an the zeta talk lady was on coast to coast and George Noory had to boot her because she was saying the zetas were democrats lmao. Thanks OP great find, this thread shines some more light on the inter working of our planet.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Bump and this is a great thread.

I am fascinated about the expanding Earth possibility - it just seems natural to me that planets are alive and growing and dying. We know so little about the definition of life.

and as for the bridges, bridges are useful right? Natural looking or not. Who do we think is using them. Seems to me anything advanced enough to make a bridge down there, wouldn't need it. Unless it was rolling or carrying something. I mean you're in water and you can swim across a pit. A bridge is to walk on usually right?

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptChaos

the old rocky mountains in colorado were formed by layers of rocks and sediment turning from horizontal to vertical.so there is some trace of this TYPE of event happening on land.just thought id throw that in.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I can't be bothered reading the article. Can someone read it for me and tell me whether these are land bridges or artificial structures. I only read to line 2 of the OP.

I don't have time to read the responses either. Thanks in advance.

So I don't suppose this continental drift is anything like the convection currents in a boiling pot of water with froth moving around on the top. I prefer to believe the earth is expanding despite extremely accurate measurements showing it is not.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by XtraTL

underwater land bridges.created by the diving of one plate into the next.think of a pyramid that starts to slide downhill.its point will eventually point sideway instead of up.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by RadgieGadgie
As an ex-diver, can I say there are many "anomalies" much closer to the surface that bear examination. For instance, off the Thomas reef in the Straits of Tiran, at a depth of 52 metres there's a large chasm in the reef wall. There's a "bridge" over it! I know because I swam under it!
Also, looking further down the precipice, there are two further chasms in the rock face. One at about 62 metres and another at about 72 metres!
Lack of bottom time (on air) at those depths must be considered as one runs the serious risk of decompression sickness. (The Bends). So I couldn;t stay too long. Those underwater bridges ARE there though, I 've seen them with my own eyes!

I read that 9,000 years ago the oceans were 400 feet lower than they are today.

There was a major climate change and the city of Atlantis was flooded.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Wow. I have this picture of relating a human body and what happens as you descend into the blackness of the ocean specifically the Marianas trench. It's scary who knows what lives in the deeps. They find species every year which get more "alien" every time. Remember the bloop signal near Lovecrafts fictional location? Bigger than the blue whale yet it was never discovered again.

en.wikipedia.org...

Apparently it wasn't Antarctic ice collapsing but an ANIMAL larger than the blue whale. Just one example of what could lie below. Space and the seas should be the focus.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by SL55T0T0
Most of you dont know this but earth is expanding, it was 1/3 the current size just 200 millon years ago and is still expanding to this day, what you see there is just a stretchmark

Generally, the scientific community finds evidence in support of the Expanding Earth theory to be lacking, and uses the following arguments to dismiss it:

* Measurements with modern high-precision geodetic techniques show that the Earth is not currently increasing in size to within a measurement accuracy of 0.2 mm per year.[14] Furthermore, the motions of tectonic plates and subduction zones measured by a large range of geological, geodetic and geophysical techniques supports plate tectonics

* Mass accretion on a scale required to change the Earth's radius is contradicted by the current accretion rate of the Earth, and by the Earth's average internal temperature: any accretion releases a lot of energy, which would warm the planet's interior. Expanding Earth models based on thermal expansion contradict most modern principles from rheology, and fail to provide an acceptable explanation for the proposed melting and phase transitions

* Paleomagnetic data has been used to calculate that the radius of the Earth 400 million years ago was 102 ± 2.8% of today's radius

* Examinations of data from the Paleozoic and Earth's moment of inertia suggest that there has been no significant change of earth's radius in the last 620 million years

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Very interesting,thanks OP.

Cheers

top topics

<< 1   >>

join