It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1-2-2012 Chem/Contrails

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I'm on the fence when it comes to chemtrails, however what I saw this morning was out of the ordinary to say the least. I can't wrap my head around what this pilot was doing? I couldn't fit everything into one pic but he came in from the west heading east looped what appears to be three times then headed back out toward the west where he came from...

Anyway I thought I would post this pic for those who like to have "evidence" of "chemtrailing" as this is about as good of evidence as one would probably get if there was any...

Maybe someone here knows what the hell the pilot was doing?

edit on 2-1-2012 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-1-2012 by Sly1one because: picture size holy hell

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Holy [snip]. Either someone training for pilot license or someone with to much fuel for landing. Do you have any airports near you? Did you saw the plane?

Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors – Please Review This Link.
edit on 2/1/12 by argentus because: snipped censor circumvention

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by verschickter

Ya there is an airport in the direction he initially flew in (east) but then he ended up leaving back towards the (west) where he came in from as if the landing wasn't important. He didn't come back after he left he was gone.

I will say this though regardless of whether or not this is contrail or chemtrail its screwing up the skies. It was completely clear skies and a beautiful morning before home boy and his loop-de-loops showed up. Now its a milky hazy sky from the contrail dissapation.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I used to completely disregard any chemtrail thread. But this one, fk me - WHY would an airplane do such maneuvers? They look close to perfectly matched sizes, its a shame you couldnt get more of the trail in. Did it follow in the same pattern?

Nice find

edit on 2-1-2012 by n00bUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

Thanks for the update. Could you make another picture? Or is it to dark now?

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by verschickter
reply to post by Sly1one

Thanks for the update. Could you make another picture? Or is it to dark now?

I have other pics on my I-phone that are of the first loop. The loops have dissapated into a haze now with just traditional straight line trails. I'll upload and post those additional pics shortly I don't have access to my phone at the moment.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
He's flying a racetrack hold. The odd pattern is due to the racetrack hold being blown sideways by the wind. These holding patterns can be planes doing test flights or for practice. They can also happen to commercial airliners 100s of miles from their destination due to distant weather holds.

Here's an explanation of the racetrack shape:
contrailscience.com...

Here's a video showing lots of racetracks due to bad weather hundreds of miles away (several in the middle at 0:16 and then lots on the coast at 0:26, and at other spots)

Here's an example of a test plane making these
contrailscience.com...

Here's a simulator that shows how the patterns form with different wind speeds and directions
contrailscience.com...
edit on 2-1-2012 by Uncinus because: typos

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Uncinus

Awesome! Thank you for that...

Even though this is the first racetrack pattern I have ever seen I was still unsure what the purpose would be when I saw it so I thought to post and see whats up.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

Anyway I thought I would post this pic for those who like to have "evidence" of "chemtrailing" as this is about as good of evidence as one would probably get if there was any...

Well, as you've learned from post just above, no this is not yet "evidence" of "chemtrailing".

Classic holding pattern.....and, through the frame of the photo, another jet passed over the same area, different altitude no doubt, and made a persistent and "straighter" contrail. That one, though, shows signs of being more affected by wind shear and convection currents than the typical holding pattern, which looks to have been made in more stable air.

(Just 1,000 feet altitude change can make a difference. We all may have noticed this when flying commercially. It's possible to avoid the uncomfortable turbulence encountered in flight by changing altitude. The turbulence that spill the drink on your tray table will affect contrails too).

Holds like that at the higher altitudes where contrails will form are not as common as holding in the terminal area, in the arrivals phase for landing at destination, and at lower altitudes. However, the times when it occurs up high is almost always due to Air Traffic Control reasons. The controllers have several methods to sequence air traffic, if it gets too busy for them for any part of the day......this is one way, radar vectors well off course and changing speeds are others. Depends on how busy it's getting, to what extreme they will go.

Finally, as I found this the other day for example (don't know where you were this morning). Here is the history of United "9831" on the 26th December......from LAX to LAX. (Los Angeles, California). It was a maintenance test flight of a Boeing 757. You can see the ground track it flew, so it could well have have made "odd" contrails, if conditions had been suitable, since it went up as high as 41,000 feet:

flightaware.com...

Oh, and here I see another flight "9831" is due to fly today (as I write this) out of SNA (Santa Ana, California):

flightaware.com...

(This time, a B-737, and only planning up to 13,000 feet, so no contrails for that one today. Does show the fact of test flights that occur, and the "odd" flight number is United's internal method to identify test flights, and other special flights, from regularly scheduled passenger flights).

new topics

top topics

join