It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chrome Refuses Me Alex Jones Podcast, Firefox Allows It.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Sorry I know brief posts are frowned upon, but I was just off to bed and found that Chrome refused to let me download the Alex Jones show....I know about the indirect technique Chrome borrows from IE but that's what was a dud. I got this message with a load of HTML code below it.

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.

Firefox let me have it. I'm aware it may be a local issue affecting only me, but I thought I'd put it out there.

Please; I'm not asking for anyone's opinion on Alex, I know there are a lot of mixed feelings.

Cheers

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Its on your end. I listen to him daily on chrome.

My school email does not work in chrome but does in Firefox. Sometimes browsers act funny, try reinstalling it before jumping into thinking its a conspiracy against Mr. Jones

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
User error does not = conspiracy.

In my line of work we call this the ID 10-T error. No offense.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Personally, I've had my issues with Chrome acting weird. One actually happened today. I was watching a documentary on youtube, then right when it was getting into the juicy stuff, the player stopped. I could see there was about twenty or so more minutes left on the video, but even trying to skip to any part any further down from that point, just wouldn't work. It would show a slight glimpse then take me back to that one spot and stop. I could easily skip around any time before and it played fine, but always stopped at that specific spot.

So like past issues I've had like this, I simply changed over to firefox so I could finish the video.

I've always disregarded it as just glitchy coding. As far as downloading files, I haven't had any problems. Even ones chrome doesn't recognize, will still let me download it just as long as I right click and select "Save link as..."

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I personally know the creators of firefox. Mozilla firefox is actually the nickname for his wife.
They're really good people.

Go firefox!!!!

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by TinkerHaus

No offence often does imply offence..... we have a bull# nickname for a said problem so look no further. I'm an IT pro my self. It was just a late night issue and I don't mind asking questions because it's a good way to increase knowledge......sometimes

Chrome has been quite broken lately so why assume user error?

edit on 2-1-2012 by cyoshi because: Punctuation.

top topics

join