It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many of you have seen a UFO, but said nothing through fear of ridicule?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by aaronez

Hey I'm a Queenslander too!! but I'm down south haha.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
How many of you haven't seen a UFO but say you have for want of attention? Works both ways.
edit on 2-1-2012 by steveknows because: Add

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxatoria

I know I was like you too, always looking at the night sky waiting to see something and then when it happened to me it was just 'out of the blue'. Happened so quickly and left me scratching my head?
Not at any point did I want to run inside to get a videocamera or anything cause I didn't want to miss anything.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
When I veryyy young I remember coming back from shopping with my parents and on our way home. My dad or mom spotted something hovering in the sky. What I remember is all different lights, circular object but had a big height. We sat there for a while, my dad kept yelling what is that what is that to the point you could tell he was almost scared..

Not saying it's out of this world but maybe was a military project.

Kind of weird how so young I was and this is probably one of the only things I actually remember that early in my childhood... I wasn't scared I couldn't comprehend what it was but the way my dad was talking must of engrained that moment in my mind cause I will never forget it.

And I live in Wisconsin, more in the country, I don't think any military bases are around here... But it did happen in the middle of the country so maybe thats why they were testing it there.
edit on 2-1-2012 by EmperorXyn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
My advice to people who have seen a UFO. First...remember...there are many Black High Tech. craft that the U.S. Military has and is testing or using World Wide. Just because you see a UFO...that is all you have seen...an Unidentified Flying Object.

If you have seen something that is without a doubt...defying the laws of Physics...and you have a clear enough view and are positive what you have seen...and you are a person who is not suseptible to suggestion....it may very well be an E.T. craft....but still...do not discount U.S. Military craft as we have some things that are a century or more ahead of our enemies or allies.

Think of the repercussions of talking about this to certain people. Reguardless if it is right or wrong...fair or not....some people react adversly to discussing things they do not understand...so I would not suggest discusing this with your boss.

Going on ATS or another board is a good way to prevent something like this that is bottled up inside you from exploding. How do I know this? Because it's the reason I am here. Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I share the same problem, I once saw something in the night sky that i couldnt even describe in words because it behaved totally unreal, to this day I still cannot believe what my own eyes saw even though there was another witness...its like I felt that it was not from this earth and was almost paralyzed, in a daze. Its still hard to talk about it not only because I fear to be ridiculed but also cause I dont want to bend the truth. Its a memory that really took place but seems unreal when I think about it.

a triangle of lights flew through the night sky while I was on a walk with a friend. It looked huge but made no sound whatsoever. It flew in a straight line, fast, but not always in the same formation, the lights were rotating and shifting and at one point it even looked like the lights were connected to eachother with a dark material that seemed to be transforming. We both spoted it at the same time in the sky, while randomly talking and walking down a road (coincidens?) That weirdest thing that made us freak out in the end, was that it stopped beneath a small cloud under the full moon, as if it was hiding. We observed a little more and somethimes you could see the triangluar pattern rotating behind or in the cloud. After a couple minutes we couldnt notice it anymore, like it vanished, and we ran home.

Now go and tell that to your science and religion teacher and see what happens.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Anim8tr

Anim8...I would look at it from this perspective. You are LUCKY! You got to see something that was very interesting and got you thinking! You know what you saw and you have no need for others to believe you or not...because you saw it.

As far as what it was exactly....it could have been E.T....it could have been a secret U.S. Military craft....you don't know for sure....and even though I know E.T. to be a REALITY....there are U.S. craft out there that are a century or more in advancement to anything else Human so...it could be that.

I think you are dealing with it fairly well. Some people...after developing a DRIVE TO KNOW...do not think of the repercussions of what they are doing to themselves, friends and family by putting this desire above all things.

One thing or lesson that I have learned at a GREAT COST is this....NOTHING is more important than family anf true friendship. It outweighs everything else. Keep this idea in mind when dealing with your desire to find answers. Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Over the coming generations I think we will see a bit of a difference in the way people react. I often wonder if because the first person people tell don't take much notice, they forget about trying a third and fourth - because every week it seems more people open up to the "bigger posibilities" of the mysteries of the universe.

I have been quite surprised about the amount of people that either randomly or through 'sci fi' conversations admit to seeing things they can't explain. And I think now with younger generations this is starting to become a more accepted portion of reality. My dad for example, wouldn't give it a second thought, but the younger the people I would ask get, the more open to the idea they are.

People who want to come forward should take their own comfortable steps to become at ease talking about it. For example, there is no reason to post it on a forum full of a world of people you've never met to begin with, discuss it with friends. Perhaps the anonomous nature of a forum is ideal for some, and maybe so if close friends are turning a bit of a blind eye. But don't be afraid to talk about it, especially not as the future happens - it is becoming more acceptable to question reality!!

S&F, and thanks for the interesting case reports people have mentioned. One thing I think is important is for people to understand the frequency. Yes, an oberservation CAN seem personal in the short term, ie you and your kid saw it, or just you - but do a little research, have a little chat, and you'll probably find a hundred people can relate to what you saw down to the finest of details. I see that all the time here, people describe what I've seen myself, so I don't consider myself to be a looney in the outside world when I talk about it.

Judge character before you tell people - would you tell someone who probably never opens up about anything, someone you've never heard question the bigger picture? Or would you tell that guy you know enjoys watching Dr Who or X Files? Don't be surprised if you draw blanks from people who, in their waking life, probably never give the existence of aliens a second thought, some people are very set in stone with their beliefs. It's kind of a shame because it can be important for UFO witnesses to try and explain to people they know won't believe them - to believe them. But you can't always win I guess..

Above all else, nowadays more people find that kind of "experience" interesting - why? I presume because it's just not something we can all have, yet in these materialistic times plenty of people want everything. They want the news as it happens, they want to be able to connect to their friends instantly and quickly, and update all the crap they've been up to. Maybe in the coming decades people who have not experienced become outnumbered. If not, future generations will certainly be more inquisitive and I'm positive that will be in a truthful, genuinly interested manner.

Those people we find barriers & roadblocks with, ie those who call hoax, remember many of them will have an experience on some level in the future. Anyhoo yeah don't be afraid, tell us your UFO tale

More people than not probably want to hear about it, especially here!
edit on 2-1-2012 by markymint because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
This past summer was at work during lunch hour sitting in my truck listening to music and just chillin. Had my seat back & just looking out my windshield when I saw an object maybe 10 miles off in the distance. It looked exactly like one of those prism's people hang from their rearview mirrors. This thing was moving - I caught it the top of my windshield & the thing came straight down till i couldn't see anymore at the horizon - maybe 10 seconds.

I was so sure it was a solid object that i expected an explosion when it hit the ground but nothing happened it just disappeared out of view. I work about 10 miles from NYC - thought might hear something about it on the news but nothing.

Very freaky & i told everybody co-workers, friends, family & now ATS. lol

edit on 2-1-2012 by BABYBULL24 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
A lot of us have seen stuff, many of us don't really know what to try and describe though.

Kind of likely we're not alone now, looking forward to this year. (finally!)

edit on 2-1-2012 by robhines because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Hi there.

About a year ago I was driving through an old river at night with my friend when I saw what looked like one bright light which turned into what looked like two car headlights then it silently hovered straight over top of us, it cant of been more than 100m above i saw the whole craft and remember exactly what it looked like . Only people I told is my parents and now the ATS community as in fear of becoming the town crazy.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Late one night, my wife and I saw a large orb of light in the sky behind her parents' home in Staffordshire, England. They live near a lot of farmland. It was very bright, shimmering green and red with an intensity much like a flare; but rather than floating downward it was clearly traveling across the sky. I wanted to go investigate, but she didn't want me to. Later that night we saw what appeared to be people moving about the woods, between her family's land and the surrounding farmland, with flashlights.

She has very clearly seen UFOs in the area on two other occasions.

I have never seen anything else that couldn't chalk up to being aircraft; although as a child I did have a reoccurring dream that was similar to one my mother used to have about an alien craft landing in a field near her parents' old house in Hyde Park, MA.

I never really mention it not so much for fear of ridicule, more because people tend to think I'm odd enough...and the subject of UFOs doesn't come up much at work.
edit on 2/1/12 by madhatr137 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by robhines
A lot of us have seen stuff, many of us don't really know what to try and describe though.

Kind of likely we're not alone now, looking forward to this year.

edit on 2-1-2012 by robhines because: (no reason given)

If you live in the UK then you are going to see alot of Highly Advanced U.S. craft in the sky. The UK is a very strategic launch point for recon craft and since the U.S. maintains a robust military presence there as well as the closeness of UK and U.S. relations...many of these craft will be Human made...although where their are nukes....E.T. is close to follow. Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I've seen things that defy common explanation but I don't tell anyone, not from fear of ridicule, but from the fact that when I see these things, I'm totally unprepared to document these sightings.

Just only a month ago, I stepped out to smoke a cigarette(I don't smoke in the house) and as usual, I'll look up in the sky because where I live it's quite dark and the night-time sky is just awesome. Well, on this particular night, I watched what I thought was a satellite on a north/south heading. It didn't have any navigation lights so it was easy to assume that it was a satellite. When the light approached the belt of Orion, I noticed it slowing down. "No satellite here" I thought. Then just as soon as it began slowing down, it came to a complete stop for a couple of seconds. It then started moving again and disappeared. No camera. Nothing on me to record what I just witnessed. All I know is that I saw what I saw. No big deal.

Another time, I was coming from a friends house after a football game. It was late and I decided to take some country roads because I had a few beers(not drunk) just for for precaution. I needed to relieve myself and pulled over to do so. Remember, I'm on some backwood, country roads. No houses nor anything around for miles. As I was getting done, I heard a buzzing sound, like large fans in a warehouse. This buzzing got louder until it was directly overhead at my position. I did not see any lights. Not one. It was an overcast night(no moonlight or stars) so I couldn't make out any outline of what the origin of this noise was. The first thing that popped into my head was a helicopter(military) and I quickly got into my truck and moved on out of there. I got down the road about a half mile and stopped to see if I could hear anything from the direction I came. Nothing. I thought to myself, "I'll bet the pilots got a kick out of seeing me high-tail it out there."

I've seen other things also but these two stand out in my memory the most.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I havent had any experiences as wild as some of you guys. I've only had a couple alien dreams, the two that a can remember are; being taking out side my house when I was little and show around a ship by a group of little beings, while dreaming; the other I was face to face with a being like cooler from dragon ball z but he was green or brownish and had a different face, but anyways, we were talking about some thing. I think he wanted to fight or some thing. Ive seen some Ufos. I saw an orange ball fly away from low over santa rosa ca and get chased by a helicopter over a mountain. In saw another orange ball but I think it was a satellite because of how high it was, but moved real fast and in a fairly straight line and disappeared. I was told it was a plane that it was a plane that pmc like lockheed/gov was testing. Now this is like over freestone/Sebastopol/bodega bay area up here in northern ca. I thought that was odd. It was pretty high up so I suppose the craft wasn't based locally. Two rock coast guard station and the national guard armory are local but wouldn't have this capability. he That's just what I've seen and been through and I've only told my friends. I think I was a little off topic for this post lol

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Griffo515

It brings some real deep down feelings , memories of my past experiences . Some time ago I was on the most amazing place on earth,and had a similar experience. That was decades ago. My advice to you is ,only tell a person who you really trust and vice versa because there is alot of doubt out there if not out and out disbelief.
I've heard that there are support groups ,if you want to go that route. What has happened to you only happens to a select few,consider you're self blessed or cursed. They are out there and till it happens to a person thats where belief begins
cisco

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I believe i saw a UFO once when i was about 14 years old. I was in upstate NY at a friends house. All of the kids were playing near the woods while the parents were around a campfire by the house. I remember looking up into the sky because its so easy to see all the stars up there compared to Long Island. I remember seeing three white dots that looked like stars but they were in a perfect triangle and moving together as if there were all connected in some way. I followed them across a good portion of the sky until i got bored and ran after my friends
Thats the only "experience" i've had, not as intense as others stories but still felt that it was worth a mention. I try to keep an open mind thinking that maybe i did see something not from this planet that night. I've told a few friends about the experience but not too many people. I know its not any solid evidence of anything but it was a cool experience none the less, especially for a 14 year old.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by cisco oae

A person seeking help is usually a good thing unless they make the mistake of going to a psychologist or Dr. who is a believer without experience and this may lead to a suggestion being planted into the patients mind.

I cannot be Hypnotised but there are other people who in their serch for answers will jump on the first suggestion by any figure of authority. Hypnotic regression is unreliable and any person who has LOST TIME and a feeling of dred...must be placed in very specific control groups to determine if this is a true memory or one the mind has made up either by replacing one problem with another or suggestion by the person performing hypnosis.

Since anyone who somehow gains info about E.T. is most likely to have a difficult time with the reality...and for those of you who think...Oh! I could handle it...believe me...I KNOW E.T. to be a reality and wish I did not....and I am a well trained...strong willed...large egoed...person of experience and many talents some GOD given...others by training...and I mentally crindge when I think about what I know.

Unless you know the reality...you can never be prepared for it. Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I saw a large glowing orb in the desert south of Tucson one night with my woman and a friend. It hovered moving sporadicly up, down and sideways. It looked to be very large, before it took off, a cone of light shot down from it. We watched it for about 20 minutes.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Erno86
reply to post by Griffo515

Could you please inform us, as to what color the lighted unknown object was emiting? Also.... could you give us, a perspective of the size of the UFO, with you hand and arm extended --- like was it bigger than the diameter of your index finger? Did the lighted object look far away too you? Could you give us a approx. zenith angle, with the horizon being zero, and above your head --- 90 degrees?

Thanks,

Erno86

Color appeared to be a bright white, but flicked red when it was stationary, I estimate from memory that the object was anywhere from 5-600 meters away at an descending altitude of roughly 200 meters. I would guess the object to be a similar size of a bus.

Originally posted by Jace26
reply to post by aaronez

Hey I'm a Queenslander too!! but I'm down south haha.

Nice! I'm at S-E QLD near Toowoomba, I was driving from there to Allora.

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
My advice to people who have seen a UFO. First...remember...there are many Black High Tech. craft that the U.S. Military has and is testing or using World Wide. Just because you see a UFO...that is all you have seen...an Unidentified Flying Object.

I should probably mention there is a major Air Force base not 2 hours from where I was driving. That place is also known for testing weather control techniques.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join