It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many of you have seen a UFO, but said nothing through fear of ridicule?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Griffo515

Could you please inform us, as to what color the lighted unknown object was emiting? Also.... could you give us, a perspective of the size of the UFO, with you hand and arm extended --- like was it bigger than the diameter of your index finger? Did the lighted object look far away too you? Could you give us a approx. zenith angle, with the horizon being zero, and above your head --- 90 degrees?

Thanks,

Erno86

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
EDITED DOUBLE POST
edit on 2-1-2012 by Erno86 because: EDITED DOUBLE POST

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I have seen one and have seen video that would blow anyone's mind if they were ready for it.

The problem is, despite what most people say, they are not ready for such a profound rattling of their fragile world views and deeply held beleif systems. Unfortunately, here on ATS especially, the better the video, the more fake it must be. So why even bother?

All it ever turns into is a flame war.
I notice this anytime evidence comes accross that is so profound and undeniable that it leaves people with only the most pathetic and lame ass exuses in order to explain it away so they will never have to truely grasp and contimplate the awesome reality which they have been confronted with.

Such a shame.
edit on 2-1-2012 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I've seen quite a few up here in North Queensland (and no they are definitely not satellites as I know the difference - satellites don't differentiate while stationary). However my mentors tell me that if you are seeing them, they WANT you to see them and this kind of alien you should avoid LIKE THE PLAGUE. Why? Here's why:

web.archive.org...://www.thebeloveddisciple.org/bad_starpeople.html

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed
I have seen one and have seen video that would blow anyone's mind if they were ready for it.

The problem is, despite what most people say, they are not ready for such a profound rattling of their fragile world views and deeply held beleif systems. Unfortunately, here on ATS especially, the better the video, the more fake it must be. So why even bother?

All it ever turns into is a flame war.
I notice this anytime evidence comes accross that is so profound and undeniable that it leaves people with only the most pathetic and lame ass exuses in order to explain it away so they will never have to truely grasp and contimplate the awesome reality which they have been confronted with.

Such a shame.
edit on 2-1-2012 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

I agree with everything you have said. I'm also ready for your video, should you care to share.

Des

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

There never has been evidence that is profound or anything else, that's why there
are flamewars.

Some people use "belief" as a barometer for evidence.

I follow the Ufology with Interest, and hope like most of you one day the truth shall be known.

"Believing" is not the same as "Knowing", ufology should not be likened to religion.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I have seen some strange lights and what not in the sky many times that i could not explain.

I was not afraid of fear of ridicule , but i didn't have any pics or video to back up my claims. If i did i would post and take head on any critisim that comes . Like a raging intellectual bull

But i plan on getting a nice big HD super zoom camera and planting that beast on the roof of my house lol . With todays tech there should be no reason why we can't get super zoom HD clear pics , instead of the same blurry shaky fuzzyness

edit on 2-1-2012 by yourboycal2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I lived 40 miles north of area 51 and I have seen more than my share of UFO's.

At least they were UFO's to me...probably not to the people working at the base!

For over 20 years my family and I witnessed some amazing things that are traditionally without explanation...I only wish ATS would have been around then...or that I would have discovered this site sooner.

Funny enough...we never took one single picture or video...it was such a common occurrence that we never gave much thought to capturing it on film....a pity really!

Anyway...so it goes...I have most definitely seen UFO's and rarely speak of them for fear of people thinking I am a nut case (more so than they think now anyway)!

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Though years later, I started opening up on message boards, when I saw one earlier, in broad daylight and not far away, I didn't tell anyone other than my husband.

I couldn't stop thinking about a guy we knew before that- who had a very long observation of one, also in the day, playing cat and mouse with the helicopter he was in, and he took many really clear photos. He went nuts after that, trying to contact the french armée de l'air, and having them tell him they see so many, they don't give a crap what he saw or took photos of. Then he contacted the US airforce and they kept blowing him off. He just seemed to become obsessed with the experience, unable to just forget it.

And I thought he was crazy myself, despite having seen and held the photos! So then when it happened to me.....I knew everyone would have the same reaction I did to that man.

But since I wrote about it on the web, I have had so many people tell me they saw things like that at least once in their life, but never told anyone, or just one loved one. It seems to be more common than we tend to assume.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
i saw a ufo when i was 4-6 years old across my street in a vacant field. I didn't say anything for a very long time, not because of ridicule though. It was because i didn't think of it as anything out of the ordinary.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
It was unidentified at the time, but since then we've come to learn what it was we saw that evening.

In the mid-1990s my sister and I were coming home at night and we both saw a TR-3B. At the time we didn't know what it was, but we both were freaking out. We knew we both witnessed something, but we decided not to discuss it until we got home.
Once home, we both went into separate rooms and drew what we saw. We then compared pics and knew we saw the same thing and weren't hallucinating.
The craft was low, about 50 feet off the ground and made no sound we could hear over the noise of our truck. It moved slowly over the tree tops about 10 yards to the left of us, slightly in front, matching our speed. We passed under some dense overhead, and when we emerged the craft was gone.

Where we were living at the time, we were about 30 miles south east of Fort Bragg/Pope Airforce Base. We didn't have internet in those days, so research on secret military craft was a bit more difficult than it is now. So was talking about it with others who'd witnessed such craft. Several years later I came across a magazine that mentioned the rumored TR-3B and I showed that article to my sister.

So it wasn't an Alien U.F.O, but it was still a very close, very cool encounter.

edit on 2-1-2012 by FugitiveSoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
i'm always looking up and hoping to see something but nothing ever seems to turn up when i'm out and about
but where i live in England is a right crappy place so its hardly suprising that they dont really want to visit us here in the potteries

but hey mr alien if you are wanting to put a show on for the natives - we wouldnt mind one especially if the stoke council could get beamed up and turned into tinned food for your pets

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I haven't seen a UFO personally, but I do believe that they exists. There are many mysterious things around us. We have to face and accept the fact that we are not alone in this universe. The best people on this board are those who are willing to think, discuss, present and consider.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by FugitiveSoul

Your post is interesting to me, I found this on the web a few minutes ago.

is this what you saw?

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I don't really talk about it to people in my every day life except the wife who is very open minded, I've been fortunate enough to see a ufo in broad daylight in the middle of London. Most people are ignorant to the fact that we are not alone. The world is probably controlled by shape shifting lizard dorks with all the cash anyway so it doesn't really matter if you see one or not, or if you believe in it or not. Some ufos are ET craft and they probably run things on this lump of isolated rock in the middle of nowhere with a load of dodgy stuff going on it all day long so no one will ever find out because the powers that be need to feel special.

The problem is we are knuckle dragging low evolved simpleton beings that have very little underdstanding about the universe or what lives within its fractal labarynth.

we are ET play things and we're stuck with the fact we just are not important enough to be told by out timid government master droids.

edit on 2-1-2012 by captaincosmic because: #e spelling

edit on 2-1-2012 by captaincosmic because: we're are is an oxymoron/moran thing to type

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
On this one I am actually going to have to say no, I have never seen a UFO or anything that could be construed as one. I, however, rarely look.

Ever since I was a very small girl I had been absolutely terrified by all things UFO and Alien. To be perfectly honest, I kind of avoid the UFO/Alien forum on here for that very reason. I have no idea how this innate terror of the unidentified came to reside in me, but it has been this way since I was at least six years old.

As a child I was very sensitive to the paranormal and have plenty of experience with that, but nothing scares me more than little green men. My mom recalls a story far too often about me watching the television when I was around 8, it was the show Married With Children (my father always watched). At one point it was a shot of their bedroom and out of nowhere little green aliens came in through the windows. She said I jumped up as fast as I could and practically buried myself under her out of complete terror. I was shaking. I have no idea why!

A couple of close friends I roomed with in college knew this about me and pulled a good one on me one night. We were very mellowed out and watching the movie Signs which I hate because it scares me to death to this day. At the end of the movie, my roommates jumped up and cut off all the lights. They rigged up strobe lights in the house and turned them on then put on alien masks and started chasing me. This sounds ridiculous, it is, but it scared the dickens out of me and I wont turn an eye to the sky unless I'm watching a meteor shower LOL.

I guess because I had so many paranormal experiences I felt that I was due for an extraterrestrial one, and I have been terrified of it ever since. For this reason, I keep my eyes firmly planted on the ground and do not dare to even watch an episode of X-Files.

I can sympathize with you, OP, because as someone with Paranormal experience, I know what it is like to share a story or experience with someone and have them completely discredit you afterward and consider you are crazy, so in that respect YES I have absolutely neglected to tell an experience due to fear of the reaction in my peers.

S+F, you can always share with me!

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ValentineWiggin

Star!

These types of experiences interest me for some reason although they do not involve lights or objects in the sky. I believe many things are buried deep inside ourselves without us knowing about it in our everyday lives. Every now and then some tidbit might leak up the surface and scare or puzzle us. I dont believe in coincidence, everything happens for a reason, has a purpose IMHO. A fear like the one you describe makes me curious.

---

I can´t remember ever seeing a UFO. If i have i can´t remember. If i remembered i would not hesitate talking about to trusted friends in the right setting because i know they would listen. I would not share it on ATS for the simple reason that most personal accounts seems to drown in a wall of noise. If i shared it i would do so because i feel that others might find it useful or interesting but just like this very post i´m typing right now it would most likely drown in an enormous flow of information. ATS is just too big for beeing useful.

---

To the OP, good topic!

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

Very similar. The craft didn't rotate at all, staying very straight, and the center light was red in color, unlike the video you shared and the picture I posted.
Makes one wonder, when seeing something like that, is it 100% human in design or reverse engineered technology? Either way, I'll never forget the experience.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by FugitiveSoul

It makes you wonder Indeed....... certainly looks out of this world.
Personally i would have loved to have seen that thing.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Griffo515

Yes I believe you, Star and flag.
I am pretty certain that I have seen a UFO. My house sits at the bottom of a large hill and there are lots of houses siting along the hill as you go. Anyway, one night as I was getting into my car I looked up, the hill which is normally dark at the very top because it is a protected bushland. So I saw a small bright light moving steadily across the top the the hill to the otherside. At first I thought it was just an aeroplane but then I realised it was traveling far too fast and would be much larger if it was flying that close to the trees. Then I thought maybe it was a helicopter, but there was no sound coming from it at all, nothing. It silently but quickly moved across the hill but 'zig-zagged' as it did going back and forth coming to a stop a few times then it quickly moved over the other side of the hill till it was out of sight. It had no other lights coming from it, no beeping red lights like on a aeroplane, it was just a ball of light with no discernible shape.
That was my first UFO, not saying it was alien but it was flying, it was unidentified, and it was a object of light.

edit on 2-1-2012 by Jace26 because: error

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join