It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many of you have seen a UFO, but said nothing through fear of ridicule?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   
New years eve, returning home from work from a very late and busy split shift, and not looking forward to the 40min drive home, I could not help but notice I was paying an extra amount of attention to one part of the sky for no apparent reason. When I noticed a what looked like a shooting star, i started slowing down the car gradually and safely trying not to take my gaze away from the it, the object came to a sudden and abrupt halt...and stayed there. I quickly found a place to pull over and keep a close watch.........................................I could go on and on.

This really happened, but I wont go into fine details as they are irrelevant at this point in time, coupled with the "pics or it didn't happen" or "why didn't you film it" phrase that's like a broken record here in the Aliens and UFO's forum, I really don't want to come under scrutiny for something no one but myself saw.

However the first thing that came to mind was telling my friends on ATS about my first true physical sighting of a UFO, but on second thought I remember what happens to people who post with nothing more than their personal eye witness account.

What I'm trying to say, or rather ask here is exactly how many of you have personally seen something that could only be described as a UFO (terrestrial or otherwise) but through fear of ridicule, said nothing?

Tell your story here, I don't care if you have photos videos or whatever...after experiencing it first hand, I now know how difficult it can be to keep something like this to yourself, given the ramifications it could potentially have on your personal beliefs.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   
hi op

i believe you saw what you saw
i seen the typical ufo
bright star that started moving after sitting motienless for a while
then it flickerd turnd red and vanished
ive only told a couple of people
of course i got scoffed
but i seen what i seen

dave

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by davesmart

Never have I seen an object so large move so fast and stop suddenly...It looked so unnatural. Its confusing when you ponder the possibilities of what it could have been. I'm left with no conclusion other than to believe this was not of this world.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Griffo515

Cool story man. I have been getting very annoyed with all the akeptics on here. Its like they want to not believe. And that is fine, but they are causing fear for people to tell their stories and thats just as bad as the government.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Griffo515

Never have I seen an object so large move so fast and stop suddenly...It looked so unnatural. Its confusing when you ponder the possibilities of what it could have been. I'm left with no conclusion other than to believe this was not of this world.

I believe you. Why not? It is free!

Anyway seriously...what shape was it?

I like daves answer... "I seen what I seen."

Been there.
I believe you because I saw a triangle craft (but wo pics- Im the only one who knows thats a fact) but discovered it was more than likely an earthly craft which was a big disappointment. Never seen anything from another planet or galaxy (as far as I know) but know people who have, experts in positions to know.

Skeptics: Some are honestly doubtful and looking for answers or other possibilities you may not have considered. Most all I suppose are looking for the truth. But there are others, the kind of people so untrustworthy themselves that they actually believe it as a fact ALL humans are liars or can be delusional. Big surprise to the constitutionally dishonest and the nay sayers out there - SOME people can be credible witness and what they say taken to the bank.

edit on 2-1-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   
my sister and i both saw red lights in the sky zoom across birmingham (england) and then disappear into the worcestershire country side.

they were travelling at speed and didn't make much of a noise so it's unlikely that they were from a helicopter or airplane. there was about 6 of them and they came one after the other about 10 seconds apart.

it was a sunday evening about 7-8pm but i can't remember exactly how long ago now.

we agreed not to tell anyone so we didn't look like nutters.

does this sound familiar to anyone? i should have had a look on here at the time to see if it had been seen by anyone else, it must have been.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   
I have seen things in the night sky that I haven't been able to identify.

Not saying it's alien, just that I personally couldn't say what it was.

I don't talk about it just because I have no proof.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant

Originally posted by Griffo515

I believe you. Why not? It is free!

Anyway seriously...what shape was it?

It was illuminated so its hard to define any linear shape, but from memory it was cylindrical?

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   

did you find that the last thing on your
mind was to take pics as i did even my other
half who had a phone with her didnt get
the urge to take pics and ours was
in daylight our three kids pooped their pants

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by SilentE
I have seen things in the night sky that I haven't been able to identify.

Not saying it's alien, just that I personally couldn't say what it was.

I don't talk about it just because I have no proof.

Doesn't it ever bother you not to talk about it?

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by maryhinge

Actually no, I was thinking of it the whole time, I even had ample time to do so....But anyone here who owns a Samsung Galaxy S, would know how terrible the night shot is...

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
I believe you saw something op!

S & F for you! Not because of some amazing revelation, but for the balls to put it out there, and more importantly, give the rest of the ability to say, not me, or me too, and not get squashed by detractors here!

I had a similar experience when I was 8 or 9. Always into astronomy, so I had some familiarity with the night sky. My parents, and I, and a few other families were out in a little gathering circle, chatting, and a few of us kids broke off into a clearing, laying on blankets, looking up.

Making our own asterisms, there was one triangle we all saw and watched for some time. Mind you, it was static, not moving. As far as we all were concerned, it was just 3 stars, forming a close triangle in the sky.

After about an hour, in full view of each of us, one of these stars broke off and steadily moved away. We all spared out, calling to our parents, who thought we were just kids and didn't know what we were talking about.

Still fresh in my mind, 50 years later!

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by maryhinge

YES. In my case I had the camera in my hand and was ready to mount it atop the tripod, which was a ladder. In order to do any of that meant I had to... however briefly, take my eyes off the black triangle floating overhead and moving away from me, low over the treetops... which I would not do. It would have vanished while I was trying to get it in sights and focus. It was enough that I saw it. Those kids...lol Literally???
edit on 2-1-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Doesn't it ever bother you not to talk about it?

I have told my brother but that is it.

I've always got my camera phone with me but getting pictures in the night, especially high up in the sky clear enough to be able to confirm or deny the object is very difficult.

The first time I saw something was many years ago. Way before the camera phone was available.

It almost feels like it was just for me, you know?

As if they were saying, look here we are!

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by SilentE

It almost feels like it was just for me, you know?

As if they were saying, look here we are!

I know how you feel, Like I said...My focus was one one part of the sky but I didn't know the reasoning for it, then it appeared...I know it was for me to see.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I saw one.I was at a friends house that I worked with cutting fire wood on his property to sell for about a year.We just got home from delivering a 5 ton truck load to the city and it was about 10pm and very dark out.My friend had to make a few phone calls before he drove me home.Before we left he had to let his dog out to pee.We both went outside in the backyard while the dog did his thing.All of the sudden my friend shouted what the f#$% is that! I looked right above us about 50 feet up and there was a black flying triangle.Thats what I called it anyways,more shaped like an arrow head.No sooner then I looked up the thing started moving silently away from us at a walking speed,went right over my friends house across the road over the neighbours house which was about 1000 feet away and just disappeared.It did not disappear it just turned the lights off and we could not see it anymore.The craft had two rows of lights on the bottom in the same shape of the craft.The outer ones were red (ir) and the inner ones off white.A triange within a triangle.They were not brite lights,you could only see them if you were looking at them.The craft was about 20' wide and 30'long.I told people about it and most just asked what we were smokin.At the time I had know idea what it was but now im pretty sure it was not little green men flying it.It was the police.This friend was busted a year later for reasons I wont get into here and the police said in newspaper that they spent 16 million on the investigation to bust him.Once I read about how much police spent I just figured it was some kind of uav blimp piloted by police.I did not figue this out for 2 years.That is why I come to ats.Thanks griff

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I was in the garden, about five years ago, filling up the paddling pool for my three kids.
I'd just finished putting in the last of the buckets of warm water, and my kids were just heading into the pool,
i turned around to go back inside and saw what i can only describe as a metallic planet.
It was about 1cm across, measuring it at arms length, but have no clue how high up it was.
I asked my oldest son (10 yo at the time), if he could see it, and he could, i asked him not to take his eyes off it,
and ran in to find my camera.
When i came back out, my son was still stareing at the the same spot in the sky and said that it just went, i asked what he ment, and he said it just turned off.
To this day, i have no clue to what we saw, and all my three kids now have a deep interest in this and other sujects that get discussed on ats.

And thank you OP for starting this thread

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I saw something in the sky once that I could not explain. It was September 9, 1999, and we were having an unusual aurora borealis (I was in Calgary, which is south enough that we don't usually get an aurora). I was watching the sky to see the aurora while I was waiting for my bus.

As I watched, something that looked like a red and grey mosquito larvae (no wings) flew from due north to due south. It was not lit with red, green, white strobe lights like many planes and was in no way shaped like a plane or helicopter. There was no sound from it. The rear of the 'craft' (if that's what it was) undulated from side to side.

This thing was high enough to cross between bands of the aurora, and fast enough to cross the horizon from north to south in under a minute. There were no emission trails. I don't believe we have any publicly known technology that can travel that fast. Whatever it was was huge - this thing appeared visible to the naked eye at the height it was traveling. And it was in a hurry.

I've told a few people, mostly people who I trusted wouldn't automatically dismiss this out of hand as me being crazy. I still, to this day, can't explain what I saw. I know what I believe - I believe it to be an alien craft - but I could be wrong and I accept that. I have to say that I know it was not a plane or a helicopter, and other than that I couldn't say what it might be other than a genuine alien craft.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
None of you seen anything other than swamp gas or an illusion? really, open your eyes! /sarcasm off

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
"How many of you have seen a UFO, but said nothing through fear of ridicule?"

There were at least 9 of us that one evening when it appeared in all it's silent glory.

All the kids ran away when they saw it except for us, my two cousins and I.

It was a feathers touch just above the trees out on that farmers field.

You see, it's not the fear of ridicule that concerns me, I'm a pretty tough cookie!
I can paddle my own canoe and hold my own when the chips are down.

There is much more to our experience but I would much rather talk about the
glory of our GOD. Maybe it was MEANT to be a distraction away from HIM.

The world in which we live is not only beautiful but mysterious!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join