It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012: The year of our *ignorant* destruction?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   
With all of the theories floating around nowadays regarding the 2012 event that is to take place later this year, an idea hit me... Mind you this is just my two-cents, or a "What If" scenario here. You see, I am the type of guy that likes to think outside the box; not giving myself any credibility here, but wanted to make that clear.

What If;mind you this is an "If". The Mayans of the past fell for the same 2012-type crap we are falling for today. And instead of focusing on their governments corruption and worldwide disarray, they focused solely on "Going into the next dimension, or a Comet coming to annihilate humanity, or a greater spiritual awakening to occur".

What if, there was a civilization that preceded them, that also for-told of Their future. So in essence what ends up happening is.... everyone ignores the wars and corruption of the world and only focuses on their big D-date, or the big "2012" if you will. Meanwhile, the government of ancient times is busy preparing a global "de-population" or global nuclear war that would indefinitely wipe out human-kind as they knew it.

History talks about ancient nuclear warfare. Could it be that these people were duked into the same old 2012 we are being duked into now?

Could they have prevented the ultimate destruction of their race and civilization had they just paid attention to the world affairs and actually DONE something about it, instead of depending on some 2012 shift or occurrence to save their hides?

Just saying... and again these are my two-cents.
edit on 2-1-2012 by WiindWalker because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-1-2012 by WiindWalker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by WiindWalker
The Mayans of the past fell for the same 2012-type crap we are falling for today. And instead of focusing on their governments corruption and worldwide disarray, they focused solely on "Going into the next dimension, or a Comet coming to annihilate humanity, or a greater spiritual awakening to occur".

They did?
Can you show me documentation that they thought this?

Thanks in advance

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by WiindWalker
The Mayans of the past fell for the same 2012-type crap we are falling for today. And instead of focusing on their governments corruption and worldwide disarray, they focused solely on "Going into the next dimension, or a Comet coming to annihilate humanity, or a greater spiritual awakening to occur".

They did?
Can you show me documentation that they thought this?

Thanks in advance

Did you read before that? It was an IF scenario...

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   
I can definitely see this as a possibility. I cant believe how many people are more focussed on things that dont matter, and ignoring the real important issues.

A big smoke and mirrors show to distract us? I could see it.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
My 2012 Predictions

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I understand what you mean, but I doubt it :/

top topics

join