It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why we love psychopaths.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Political psychopaths

Check the video for further details.

Yes, that is why we elect them to office or shower them with praise if they rise up in the corporate world. We actually love them. No, they may not be capable of loving us back, but they have traits that we as a culture tend to adore -- they are confident, they let nothing stand in the way of success and they allow us a glimpse into our own inner demons that we dare not display to others. So in that sense they are master manipulators and for whatever reason we seem to keep falling for their seductive deceptions.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Lol, who is "we". I certainly dont, I have never voted because none of them deserve to be in power. I have had the opportunity to vote many times, ( a hint to my age )

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 05:10 AM
link   
I think the masses love psychopaths because they are damaged, many of them well past the point of useless. They are wanna be psychopaths. It's on purpose. It's everywhere. The sane are so outnumbered by the insane, that it's true that the sane are technically the insane by numbers anyways. Tough times.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 05:52 AM
link   
i think we love halfwits more
in either case we would all abuse power in one way or another

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by edward7777

Or is it why you love Narcissists?

There are good and bad Narcissists; we vote them in because they usually have natural leadership skills. It's as simple as that.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   
I don't believe we love psychopaths. But we love people with charisma. People these days are swayed by the material surface of things. Charisma will mostly win over good character.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by edward7777

Or is it why you love Narcissists?

There are good and bad Narcissists; we vote them in because they usually have natural leadership skills. It's as simple as that.

Well, all psychopaths are narcissists but not all narcissists are psychopaths, that is true. However, many narcissists are not good at manipulating others while psychopaths are. Often psychopaths will use narcissists as empty suits to carry out their agendas. So yes, you could have a politician who is merely in love with his own persona, while his handlers are truly psychopathic and feed him with what he needs to do to keep their favor.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   
By the way, how does one link a YouTube video and get a full screen shot of it?

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
We don't love psychopaths.....

Psychopaths hide behind a fictitious layer of social interaction, a MASK if you will....

People like the mask, not the Psychopath underneath... it's all just a show, a sham that they put on to make people like them DESPITE the fact that they are Psychopaths.

If people actually LIKED psychopaths, they wouldn't bother lying about who they are, would they?

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Okay, in the original video: www.youtube.com... politicians are compared to psychopaths. In this video: www.youtube.com... the concept of narcissists is explored. My question is which do you think describes our major political leaders today?

new topics

top topics

join