It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dead Blackbirds Fall From the Sky Again in Beebe, Arkansas, on New Year's Eve

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   

abcnews.go.com

ABC Arkansas affiliate KATV reported that a radar image showed a large mass over Beebe a few hours before midnight Saturday. Then the birds began falling from the sky, just like last year.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Ok... so this part about the radar is coming in only after early reports tried to play it all off as fireworks again...

The CNN Article on this.. says fireworks.. but many refer to KATV speaking about this mass that appeared on radar....

Smells like more coverup to me... but LAST year we ALSO had this mass on radar.. but by time we figured it out.. so many people were saying "This is natural.. this is normal" that it got lost in the shuffle...

Well folks... here it is... exactly like last year.... some say fireworks... some say it has to do with this mass that showed up on Radar...

What do you say?

abcnews.go.com

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   
The radar mass would be a flock of birds most likely .. that's the same thing we saw last year .. it's pretty common for flocks to show up on radar like that.. it only adds to the credibility of the story

But the simple fact this happened yet again, on NEW YEARS EVE in an isolated radius near a fireworks display really in my mind solidifies the fact that it was in fact fireworks..

We haven't seen this historically .. strange huh? not so much .. with the warming temperatures and the fact winter is arriving later and later, it's affected migratory patterns.. birds that normally would have already moved on from the area this time of year haven't yet ( or are in process of migrating ) ..

If this were something sinister, it would be very odd to happen on NYE two years in a row so near fireworks and in an isolated area .. it just doesn't make sense =) .. the only thing that really does make sense is fireworks in my opinion.. it fits... and last year at this time I didn't really buy into the idea, but now I do because it falls on the exact same date under the exact same circumstances.

Be warned though, the mods may shut this down as it's been posted a few times already.. so heads up

Edit: also of interest

1. The birds fell just before/at midnight which is when you'd expect fireworks to be going off
2. Far fewer birds died this year, which is good news.. last year there were hundreds ...

edit on 1/2/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Idk how u guys do it over there but in Texas u literally can't hear fireworks from all the gunfire into the air durning new years celebrations

Looks like were gonna have to wait for the autopsy reports..
edit on 2-1-2012 by ElOmen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by ElOmen

Yep kinda makes me think its fireworks too, could be concussion from blasts if they are in the areas of these huge displays.........

also....

Im not sure where you live in Texas, but I grew up in the country and we are smart enough not to fire our guns off in the air......

Ive been all over Texas and never witnessed masses of people firing guns into the air for celebration.......

not to mention its illegal...........

I honestly think you are making this up
edit on 2-1-2012 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask
reply to post by ElOmen

Im not sure where you live in Texas, but I grew up in the country and we are smart enough not to fire our guns off in the air......

Ive been all over Texas and never witnessed masses of people firing guns into the air for celebration.......

not to mention its illegal...........

I honestly think you are making this up
edit on 2-1-2012 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

I lived in Dallas for a while and I could hear a lot guns going off during NYE .. it may be illegal but it didn't stop it .. It even happens here in Ohio but not nearly as much as when I lived in the Dallas area
edit on 1/2/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

no sir why would I make that up I know what I heard . south Texas area btw

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

abcnews.go.com

ABC Arkansas affiliate KATV reported that a radar image showed a large mass over Beebe a few hours before midnight Saturday. Then the birds began falling from the sky, just like last year.

Fireworks my ass. Where theres smoke theres fire. Second year in a row mass die offs of blackbirds? This didn;t happen before and now its happening all the time? I live 40 miles from Beebe, my mom lives just down the road from Beebe and she says this just doesn't happen like this.

Also, last year just a few months after the blackbirds fell form the sky Beebe got destroyed by a tornado and it was like an F-4 and there was literally nothing left of the town.

Strange events yes?

Wonder if they gonna get wrcked by another tornado or something worse? We've been getting small 2.5ish quakes about on a daily basis near Jonesboro and i bet it has nothing to do with fracking because fracking has been halted indefinately until the USGS figures out its the cause of the quakes.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   
actually last year there were millions of dead fish too, and the dead birds and fish were from all over the world. anyone heard of recent 'fish death' reports? would be interesting if they got concussions from fireworks too...

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

The fact that it's at the same time and in the same area makes sense to me for fireworks.. 2+2 = fireworks .. not to mention that it happened near a fireworks display and happened at around midnight..

And I responded to what you're suggesting about it not having happened before.. we're experiencing warmer winters and it has affected migration patterns.. birds ARE migrating later than they used to be from many areas .. normally these black birds would have moved on by now..

It really does make sense if you think about it logically ..

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by SGTSECRET
actually last year there were millions of dead fish too, and the dead birds and fish were from all over the world. anyone heard of recent 'fish death' reports? would be interesting if they got concussions from fireworks too...

The dead fish thing is actually not that uncommon .. you can find stories about that happening that go way back... there are many factors there..

Bird die offs have to be looked at case by case.. I'm not saying ALL bird die offs are fireworks =) but this one sure seems like it.. there are too many coincidences pointing to that as the culprit in this case.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by SGTSECRET

Maybe the fish were poisoned and died and then the birds ate them and died from the poison!

edit on 2-1-2012 by ErroneousDylan because: This text is green and italic.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Although you have a much better title, this has already been covered yesterday.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Well, of course, there WAS NO fireworks display in Beebe this year. It was banned by the police. The weather, additionally, was calm and rather temperate for this time of year.

Scientists AGAIN Baffled By Dead Birds in Beebe, Ark

To quote the news story, scientists are baffled...AGAIN. As is typically the case, the skeptics attempt to explain the uninvestigated from the comfort of their closed-in little minds.

Heh heh heh

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Actually, if you want real continuity, the ORIGINAL post was started early last year...

Dead Birds in Arkansas

edit on 2-1-2012 by ZeskoWhirligan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   
If fireworks are the answer than riddle me this: why don't we see an increase in mass bird deaths during the 4th of July here in the states?

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by ElOmen

Originally posted by ElOmen

Looks like were gonna have to wait for the autopsy reports.
Don't hold your breath. Was there ever any official release of the autopsy reports for last years mass animal deaths?

Last year, I searched for those reports every couple days. After several months, I was over it. Tired of searching for it.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Irish614
If fireworks are the answer than riddle me this: why don't we see an increase in mass bird deaths during the 4th of July here in the states?

More importantly, why aren't there MILLIONS of reports of bird deaths from ALL OVER THE COUNTRY and ALL AROUND THE WORLD at New Years, considering the MILLIONS of fireworks celebrations all around the globe?

Why only in a small Arkansas town for two years in a row?

Sorry, the "fireworks" explanation doesn't fly, in spite of the disinformation provided by CNN.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   
US Wildlife service quarterly mortality reports - back to 1995 - fill yer boots!

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul
US Wildlife service quarterly mortality reports - back to 1995 - fill yer boots!

Well, you know, that would be impressive if there was a sudden SPIKE in bird mortality at New Years and the Fourth of July.

But there isn't a spike in bird deaths. Look at the Wildlife Mortality reports and SHOW ME how ANY of them are connected to fireworks celebrations.

You can't, because there's no correlation.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join