It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All Roads Lead to Babylon : Mystery Babylon Demystified

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by JB1234

as far as your data on the reason jehovah and his divine council were unhappy with nimrod's tower, nowhere does it say in the biblical text that it was built high to avoid a flood. lol that's an assumption by some scholar over time, and although there's nothing wrong with theorizing, let's be honest, if jehovah was against tall structures as places of refuge from floods, he would flatten mountains and never let people fly or go to the moon. no, the reason he was unhappy with nimrod, is indicated in the text: they were going back to the preflood events. something really big happened back then related to the temples of the gods, and it's not related to floods.

the word babel means gate of god. but the word is more precisely, chaos gate of god. some scholars insist alternate words for it were not talking about it lol for example, it's also spelled babilu. and even earlier word is KA.DINGIR.RA. i mean, look at the word. BAB + EL.

EL is God. BAB is referring to gate + chaotic water, an abyss, an abzu, a bottomless pit.
edit on 3-1-2012 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

I never said it did!

I posted what Josphus wrote about Nimrod & the tower of Babel, which as a Jew he presumably heard about via other writings or oral retellings passed down through the generations

I note still you don't answer the points I have raised. Anyhow it is of no matter because this discussion, whilst interesting is dragging the thread off topic.

edit on 3-1-2012 by JB1234 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by JB1234

ah i see, well, this is all related to the subject of the op, so it is only off topic if you don't want to deal with it lol
we are, afterall, talking about babel. what is your view of babel?

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by JB1234

did you see this part of my post?
the word babel means gate of god. but the word is more precisely, chaos gate of god. some scholars insist alternate words for it were not talking about it lol for example, it's also spelled babilu. and even earlier word is KA.DINGIR.RA. i mean, look at the word. BAB + EL.

EL is God. BAB is referring to gate + chaotic water, an abyss, an abzu, a bottomless pit. nimrod was restoring a gated bottomless pit. and where did it go ? the heavens. the divine council freaked out. we can't let humans have control of this. it's textbook, "oh crap the monkeys can talk."

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
reply to post by JB1234

ah i see, well, this is all related to the subject of the op, so it is only off topic if you don't want to deal with it lol
we are, afterall, talking about babel. what is your view of babel?

I have dealt with it as I see matters. You still have not answered the questions I have raised as to the use of the word scattered.

My viewpoint on Babel is that is the City where Nimrod built a tower, presumably a Ziggurat to false worship against the true God as he is described as "a mighty hunter in opposition to Jehovah". Which is why Nimrod became such an important Occult figure in the Mystery of Babylon.

My understanding of the word Babel it means in Hebrew - Confusion.

ba·bel also Ba·bel (bbl, bbl) n. 1. A confusion of sounds or voices. See Synonyms at noise. 2. A scene of noise and confusion.

Babel Babel Babylon Babylon Babel is the beginning of the kingdom of Nimrod:

Both HAW Theological Wordbook of the Old Testament and BDB Theological Dictionary point at this name in Sumerian, Bab-ilim, meaning Gate Of The Deity. But both also refer to the common Hebrew verb balal balal (248) meaning mix, mingle and used in the scene were the name Babel is explained, "On account of this its name is called Babel - Babel - because YHWH balalled the speech of all the earth there" (Genesis 11:9). HAW Theological Wordbook of the Old Testament says about the use of the Hebrew verb balal in the Bible: "A ritualistic term used of mixing oil into the flour or meal of the cereal offering until every particle of flour was mingled or anointed with oil."

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by JB1234

well when i studied revelation 9 (i'm very much interested in eschatology and have been studying it for decades), i wanted to know what the bottomless pit was. my research lead me back to babel, and then back to sumer, particularly the abzu of enki. from there it lead me parallel to akkad into the city of abydos, the first city of the new pharanoic egypt, as started by nimrod, who was narmer (Egyptian) and enmerkar (akkadian), and osiris (after death). funny thing here that corroborates the connection: abydos is pronounced abzu. yeah.......that's what i said.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by JB1234

confusion is chaos.
LOOK at the word. why would a word that refers to god (EL) be simply defined as confusion? confusion is just one aspect of the story and the word. for example nimrod's name means rebel, but he had a whole bunch of other names too. read the op. these people had a bunch of titles and words to describe events surrounding them and some scholars get caught, like getting snagged on a weed, with only one part of the whole picture because they don't research beyond the first thing they learn.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
the more dd you do...the more you realize you are ignoring the obvious...most of the modern world you see today is a DIRECT result of everything ROME built and/or Perfected

and there are loads of stories like this...buried

www.nytimes.com...

the powers don't want you to know or entertain even the possibility of such boat travel back then...let alone trade routes and "seed planting" of quetacotzal ..ie false flag indoctrination to get mass amount of people to lay down arms

and we all know who hovers above RIO in statue form

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuperTripps
the more dd you do...the more you realize you are ignoring the obvious...most of the modern world you see today is a DIRECT result of everything ROME built and/or Perfected

www.nytimes.com...

the powers don't want you to know or entertain even the possibility of such boat travel back then...let alone trade routes and "seed planting" of quetacotzal ..ie false flag indoctrination to get mass amount of people to lay down arms

oh that IS interesting! i would like to read that guy's research and his evidence that it was roman and not say, chinese or akkadian or indian (as in india).

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

I thought that the Tower of Babel was in Eridu . . ?

Just butting into a conversation with no idea of what he is talking about,
Seraph

PS- I love your pic! Cool floating hearts!

edit on 3-1-2012 by seraphnb because: PS

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Chuck Missler talks about the pyramids, Stonehenge.mars, and the mystics out of the bible and using scholary refrences ..intresting and might be worth a listen to ...peace

this is a 26min. podcast www.khouse.org...
www.khouse.org...
edit on 3-1-2012 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)
I put the second podcast which is a overlap from the first one ..
edit on 3-1-2012 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by seraphnb
reply to post by undo

I thought that the Tower of Babel was in Eridu . . ?

Just butting into a conversation with no idea of what he is talking about,
Seraph

PS- I love your pic! Cool floating hearts!

edit on 3-1-2012 by seraphnb because: PS

yeah, that's what i've read too. it makes sense to me. enki's e.abzu (house of the abyss), rebuilt by nimrod, which was in eridu. perhaps there was more than one babel as well, since he supposedly rebuilt the temples of the gods (plural). the akkadian, enuma elish, recounts this event. here's the passage

THE NAMSHUB OF ENKI

Once upon a time, there was no snake, there was no scorpion,
There was no hyena, there was no lion,
There was no wild dog, no wolf,
There was no fear, no terror,
Man had no rival.

In those days, the land Shubur-Hamazi,
Harmony-tongued Sumer, the great land of the me of princeship,
Uri, the land having all that is appropriate,
The land Martu, resting in security,
The whole universe, the people well cared for,

To Enlil in one tongue gave speech.
Then the lord defiant, the prince defiant, the king defiant,
Enki, the lord of abundance, whose commands are trustworthy,
The lord of wisdom, who scans the land,
The leader of the gods,
The lord of Eridu, endowed with wisdom,
Changed the speech in their mouths, put contention into it,
Into the speech of man that had been one.

www.piney.com...

well how'd enki put confusion into their language at babel?
i think i know but i could be wrong. just well, if you put all the pieces together it sounds like
nimrod started rebuilding and reopened the house of the abyss, which is also called the gate of chaotic water, etc.
it's a bottomless pit reference.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuperTripps

www.nytimes.com...

oh that IS interesting! i would like to read that guy's research and his evidence that it was roman and not say, chinese or akkadian or indian (as in india).

he found pottery dated or representative of those early roman periods...as you can see it was bombshell and hence the brazil navy got involved...historical record is the portuguese conquered, i mean discovered...brazil

is this babylon or rome looking over Brazil?
upload.wikimedia.org...

according to proto and i agree...portugual, uk, you name it..were all legion countries of ROME.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
The Mazzaroth is a interesting subject that might be worth considering as to the names not what we have today but the Hebrew words ..from Virgo around to Leo they hold a oral story that could shed light for some ...see we have Greek words that go back to Chaldean words that come from Hebrew words and finally end up in our english words..a little corruption here a little confusion there and next thing you know we got it backwards ... www.betemunah.org...

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
A video that I recently watched which I found absolutely fascinating, although some of their ideas may well be debatable, some of the reseach is quite astounding.

Secrets of the Pyramids.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperTripps

you're likening jesus to babylon, a subject in its prophetical sense, that you would know absolutely nothing about if it were not for THE REVELATION OF JESUS CHRIST. lol
unfreakinbelievable.
now if you're talking about the statue, then yeah maybe. but i don't think god was worried about statues, he was worried about people believing in make believe crap. worshipping a statue would fall under that description. but worshipping the living god who was the reason someone was inspired to build that statue, different subject altogether.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by JB1234

oh yeah i love that video. there's so much information in there! it's crazy!
i've watched it several times in an attempt to dedicate the information to my leaky memory

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   

reply to post by JB1234

confusion is chaos.
LOOK at the word. why would a word that refers to god (EL) be simply defined as confusion? confusion is just one aspect of the story and the word. for example nimrod's name means rebel, but he had a whole bunch of other names too. read the op. these people had a bunch of titles and words to describe events surrounding them and some scholars get caught, like getting snagged on a weed, with only one part of the whole picture because they don't research beyond the first thing they learn.

A word containing EL or God could quite easily also contain the Word confusion.

As my last post stated I was looking at Babel from the Hebrew verb balal balal (248) meaning mix, mingle and used in the scene were the name Babel is explained, "On account of this its name is called Babel - Babel - because YHWH balalled the speech of all the earth there" (Genesis 11:9).

Literally "God confused" or "God Mixed up" which corresponds with the account in Genesis Chapter 11, that God mixed up their languages. Instead of concentrating their efforts in direct opposition to their Creator, Nimrod & his followers then "scattered" all over the world. No doubt into their differing racial and language groups.

My understanding is as follows:-

It is not just the Hebrew translation of the name Nimrod from the verb ma‧radh as rebel. the Babylonian Talmud (Erubin 53a) states: “Why, then, was he called Nimrod? Because he stirred up the whole world to rebel (himrid) against His [God’s] sovereignty.”—Encyclopedia of Biblical Interpretation, by Menahem M. Kasher, Vol. II, 1955, p. 79.

According to ancient legend Nimrod apparently took on a new identity on his ascension as a God. Semiramus his wife/mother couldn't find his penis when she attempted to put all his 12 parts together. Therefore at being unable to bring him back to life she claimed he rose to heaven to become the Sun God Baal.

Baal according to the Bible became synonomous with "poles of worship". This makes sense if he is the renamed Nimrod also. Perhaps that is why we see so many phalic symbols or obelisks around the globe, which again harp back to the land of Shinar worship of Baal. Interestingly enough they are very often denoted with symbols to do with War & Battles. Often honouring the war dead. Nimrod apparently was the first post flood empire builder who set out to take over other nation's territory.

Baal worship became THE major religion of the Caanite era. There are many mentions of him in the Bible In the Ras Shamra texts, from Ugarit - Baal (also called Aliyan [the one who prevails] Baal is also referred to as “Zabul [Prince], Lord of the Earth” and “the Rider of the Clouds.

With regards to All roads lead to Rome, yes many of legislature and customs can be traced back to Rome, we use the Gregorian Calendar from the Holy Roman Empire afterall. However our culture and Christendom also take much of their lead from the beleifs from ancient Shinar and the Sumerian, Egyptian cultures. I would recommend the book "The two Babylons" by Hislop if anyone is in doubt as to the validity of this thread. Also some cursory research on the history of the occult.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by JB1234

i read hislop years ago.
not arguing that we don't have evidence of roman adaptation, that's for sure. i know we do. hmm, i'm trying to figure out a gentle way to put this but it just comes out sounding too esoteric for this thread, (even though the op lists many pieces of esoterica, i don't seem to have been granted the freedom to expound upon them without flipping people out lol )

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
on a side bar, perhaps related to the op in some fashion, did you know at this moment, black christians in africa are being genocided by fundie muslims?

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join