It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tired of U.S. and ready to "put my money where my mouth is"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I'm sick of the society that has been cultivated in the U.S. I'm sick of the economic slavery, I'm sick of doing everything right and having it all come crashing down. I'm just plain fed up with this crap. I hate this society.

That being said, you give me a realistic way to expatriate or even just start over again in this country, and I'll take it.

That means that all this "immigrate to another country" stuff is out. In case you haven't noticed, it's kind of hard. Believe me, I've looked into it.
edit on 2-1-2012 by AnIntellectualRedneck because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by AnIntellectualRedneck

I hear ya. We ae looking at the dissolution of the middle class in america. Soon you will see indian style slums in big cities.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Walking across America.
I'm sure you will find the place you are looking for

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Your not the only one, millions probably feel some of what you feel.

However, unless I can find a new planet to move to & a way to get there, I'm not moving from the U.S.
If America Falls, so does the rest of the world.

Nature is not going to let one world tyranny BS happen.

It is the darkest hour before the dawn.

Everyone is so caught up in the fear game listening to the news. People are scared to death of the Mayan 1212 event, when they should be looking and learning from the Maya how not to be afraid of it, and how to prepare spiritually for the flowering of Humanity.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
You have a roof over your head? Food to eat when you're hungry? Clothes to wear?

Forget the 99% of Americans. You are in the top 99% in the world. Start counting your blessings, and go from there. Maybe take a break from all the doom & gloom on the internet and go for a walk.

Decide what you really want to change in your life. The world will always be a mess, but you don't have to be.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Schkeptick

I have it, and I'm one step away from losing it constantly. I'm sick of this situation.

There's always something to keep me from getting ahead, always some crisis that comes up. If that's what it's like to live in this society, then I have to ask myself why in God's name am I even here?

Survival is supposed to be easier in a first-world economy, but I'm still struggling like crazy to keep up with basic necessities.

Also, what I really want to change in my life is the fact that I'm a debt slave with no hope of ever coming out of it.

I'm tired of being grateful for pretty baubles that I don't even want but have to possess if I'm going to survive in society, like a car, a phone, and a computer.
edit on 2-1-2012 by AnIntellectualRedneck because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   
I have been thinking very hard lately how to remove my self from the rat race. Although I dont want to leave the U.S necessarily.

One solution although not perfect led me to researching Sustainable living which led me to researching earth ship designs and the option of living of the grid and live in remote areas.

Check out some of these houses, it could be a vaiable option to getting way from the craziness.

EARTHSHIP

edit on 2-1-2012 by mileysubet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by zzombie
Everyone is so caught up in the fear game listening to the news. People are scared to death of the Mayan 1212 event, when they should be looking and learning from the Maya how not to be afraid of it, and how to prepare spiritually for the flowering of Humanity.

The only people who fear the Mayan 1212 thing are those who don't get it .. The mayan long count calendar has came to it's end 15 times now, it's a cyclical calendar .. it's end just means that a new cycle is beginning, it in no way represents the end of the world.. just the end of the calendar and the beginning of a new loop.

It really is like our Calendar, only much longer .. December 31st doesn't mean end of all things, it just means January 1st is tomorrow.. =)

That being said.. I do think we're on the verge of a change.. people are fed up and it's evident.. the kind of corruption that has been allowed to fly for so long isn't going un-noticed anymore.. The way I see it, those who are behind it will either have to cut WAY back on the corruption which benefits us all, they will have to stop it ( not likely ) or you will see those suffering from it rising up and forcing change..

I tend to think that you'll see them backing off just enough to calm the anger which will put things back to SOME sense of normalcy ..
edit on 1/2/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

edit on 1/2/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by zzombie

However, unless I can find a new planet to move to & a way to get there, I'm not moving from the U.S.
If America Falls, so does the rest of the world.

Oh. And how do you come to that conclusion?

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   
If you really want to start over, then here's what you do. Move to Mexico, denounce your American citizenship, become a Mexican, then sneak back into the US and live as an illegal immigrant.

top topics

join