It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Want to know what it cost's to become a disciple of Jesus Christ? (Look here)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
The sad reality is that many people are just part of a crowd, and are watching there lives pass by as they pay no thought to what might be to come, or there eternity. To most life is one big game, and don't understand the true test that God has given us.

Many people are also confused on what becoming a Christian really is about.

Because of horrible evangelism, religious lies, and itching ears, a majority of people have been led to believe that becoming a Christian is as easy as praying a simple prayer and requires very little cost or no cost at all. However, the Lord Jesus Christ has declared very clearly in the Bible that it will indeed cost you.

The way we live demonstrates who we are following. If your chasing money, you’re a disciple of Donald Trump. If your chasing sex, you’re a disciple of Hugh Hefner. If your chasing fame, you’re a disciple of some pop star.

But what does the life of one following Christ look like?

Here's what:

The gift of salvation is free, but you must be willing to give over everything to Jesus.
edit on 1-1-2012 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Like in previous posts i've said when people are afraid people they look to higher figures. Back in the old times the only higher figure was a emperor or someone declared a god. Sometimes people religeon wise would look to their king as a god some people looked to created god.

God isn't real, it's your beliefs that are, but I don't think he wants you to worship him 24/7. AND if this god is real it came from a extra terrestrial origin. But since no Alien came back to demand we worship them i'm going with my own conclusion.

Sorry I don't support religion though. My views are my views. I respect yours.
edit on 1-1-2012 by EmperorXyn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Yea, I didn't watch your video, cause I already know the answer to your question.

Following 'Christ' would cost me my life. It would cost me healthy normal relationships with those around me. It would cost at least 10% of everything I make.

But that's just my measly life, that's not that important....only thing is, it's my nature to constantly express my beliefs, and if I believed in Christ, I would express it to thousands (if not more, considering technology these days) of other people, possibly planting a seed which gets them to 'follow Christ' as well.

So everything it costs me, it also costs those people, and they in turn affect others, and over time, we affect the world. Slowing, sometimes reversing, the progress of science, as well as the collective human moral mindset.

So to recap, I didn't watch your video, but I read the title of it, and I can agree. Following Christ will cost everything...in the worst way possible

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

Following Jesus cost many a believer their lives. Caesar Nero used to dip christians in boiling pitch (oil) and burn them at the stake in his garden at night and he dubbed them "Roman Candles" which is where the popular firework gets its name. Needless to say i never buy roman candles for that very reason, people do not know their entertainment originated from the brutal murder of innocents.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Christianity hasn't cost us much in this day and age unless you live in a nation ruled by Islam. Those christians are on the front lines facing death and persecution on a daily basis like the first century christians did.

However i suspect the whole of christianity is about to be tested once more and probably pretty soon if the Vatican has his way and creates his universal religion that we could see as early as this year (one world religion).
edit on 1-1-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Josonic

It would cost at least 10% of everything I make.

Do you believe this to be a teaching borne of the Christ? Do you believe that a monetary donation to an established 'church' was ever required/expected of His Ministry?

The Way, the Truth and the Life is not affiliated nor aligned with the systems of mammon and never was. Many in His name however distort the Truth in the promotion of 'works' to serve their own ends.

edit on 2-1-2012 by benedict9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
Christianity hasn't cost us much in this day and age unless you live in a nation ruled by Islam. Those christians are on the front lines facing death and persecution on a daily basis like the first century christians did.

Really? I invite you to visit my country then (ca. 85 % muslim) - let's see how you will be persecuted and face death every day. In fact, I would like you to meet some of our government too - like the president, the president of the parliament, the prime minister etc. They are a mixed bunch you know - one is an Eastern Orthodox Christian, the other is Roman Catholic (and a woman at that ... wow, we muslims are so nasty), the other is Atheist - we also have in the Cabinet just about 20 or so who are members of a number of other christian sects ...

A neighbor of mine is catholic, he is regarded as my uncle (the brother of my father) from me because once when he was a baby, my grandma had breast-fed him, and according to Islam that makes him and my father brothers.

In fact, there is not a single case of religious motivated crime in our history.

We were also the ones who welcomed Jews in WW2 as they were being persecuted throughout Europe. Seeing as the majority of us are muslims, and we are evil and want to kill those jews, it is rather interesting that we did such a silly thing back in those days ... hm ...

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by EmperorXyn

AND if this god is real it came from a extra terrestrial origin.

You too are of extraterrestrial origin, for your 'soul' did not originate on this earth.

You are the Light essence of Love Borne with choice to progressively serve Love in the Divine Image of the Loving Creation and we are being tested on this earthly journey of Awakenings to our Origins (that travels well beyond the temporal mortal flesh that houses our being). When such awakenings occur, it will feel natural to praise in reverence the Creator in our recognition of His Love for Blessings Granted.

God isn't real, it's your beliefs that are

Is what is real only the things we can see with our own two eyes? There are worlds within worlds--however this is akin to me trying to convince you of bacteria's existence well before the concept of a microscope was introduced. Perception is always altered friend

But since no Alien came back to demand we worship them i'm going with my own conclusion.

Any entity 'demanding worship' is not of the Kingdom of Holiness. Those who will progress to be part of the Kingdom will be those that have adhered to His Way freely of their own Granted Will.

I respect you all the same for your beliefs in turn. Blessings for the new year to face all challenges.
edit on 2-1-2012 by benedict9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   
He who loves his life will lose it, but he who loses his life for His sake, well...

Unless there is an afterlife, life is futile and worth nothing. It doesn't matter how much happiness or pleasure you attain, it's all for naught, because there will come a day where neither you exist nor your memories of pleasure and happiness you exist. On the other hand if heaven exists, all the tiny sacrifices in life will seem trivial, because you've gained paradise. If there is an afterlife, but no heaven, again your sacrifices seem trivial. In view of this people complaining about what they lose by following Christianity seem foolish.
edit on 2-1-2012 by 547000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by 547000
He who loves his life will lose it, but he who loses his life for His sake, well...

Unless there is an afterlife, life is futile and worth nothing. It doesn't matter how much happiness or pleasure you attain, it's all for naught, because there will come a day where neither you exist nor your memories of pleasure and happiness you exist. On the other hand if heaven exists, all the tiny sacrifices in life will seem trivial, because you've gained paradise. If there is an afterlife, but no heaven, again your sacrifices seem trivial. In view of this people complaining about what they lose by following Christianity seem foolish.
edit on 2-1-2012 by 547000 because: (no reason given)

I don't see it as losing anything, i never had anything to begin with. Even my life doesn't belong to me, it belongs to the force that created me. If he wants it back he can have it because i am unimpressed by what this world offers.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Josonic

Yea, I didn't watch your video, cause I already know the answer to your question.

Even if you know, you will still enjoy the video.

It would cost at least 10% of everything I make.

Jesus never asked for a subscription fee for salvation.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by EmperorXyn

God isn't real, it's your beliefs that are

Only God can walk through walls, raise people from the dead, walk on water and many other miracles. You beliefs are not real, before you say these things didn't happen you should atleast do some research for the evidence of the historical Jesus.

but I don't think he wants you to worship him 24/7.

The Bible says otherwise.

AND if this god is real it came from a extra terrestrial origin

Extra terrestrial in the sense that you believe are not real. They are fallen angels.

Sorry I don't support religion though.

Nore did Jesus.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by sHuRuLuNi

International Condemnation over Nigerian church bombings

Iraq Church Bombings wounds at Least 20

At least 6 dead in Egyptian Sectarian Vioence

Christmas Day Murders In South Sudan

Assyrian Teen Beheaded In Iraq For Being A Christian

I could probably find another 10 or more of these reports, all of which occured in the last year; need I go on? And these are just the reports of attacks by Muslim extremists; I could easily find 20 more stories of Christian persecution, imprisonment and death in other places like China, North Korea and Viet Nam. Just because your country's parliament is comprised of differing religious faiths and persuasions does not negate the things being done by Muslim extremists and by those in authority in other countries.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by lightseeker
reply to post by sHuRuLuNi

International Condemnation over Nigerian church bombings

Iraq Church Bombings wounds at Least 20

At least 6 dead in Egyptian Sectarian Vioence

Christmas Day Murders In South Sudan

Assyrian Teen Beheaded In Iraq For Being A Christian

I could probably find another 10 or more of these reports, all of which occured in the last year; need I go on? And these are just the reports of attacks by Muslim extremists; I could easily find 20 more stories of Christian persecution, imprisonment and death in other places like China, North Korea and Viet Nam. Just because your country's parliament is comprised of differing religious faiths and persuasions does not negate the things being done by Muslim extremists and by those in authority in other countries.

I know that, but he said "if you live in a nation ruled by Islam" - which kinda generalizes things, don't you think?

He did not say christians are persecuted by extremists - which they are - even muslims are persecuted by muslim extremists - in fact the majority of victims are muslims. He generalized things to create a feeling that in ANY country where the muslims are majority - the christians are persecuted, which is far from truth.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
When I was a young christian witnessing for Christ, I had the opportunity to speak with some Moonies. I spent a fair amount of time talking with them about their beliefs, their "messiah" (Reverend Myung Sun Moon), and the "real" messiah, Jesus Christ. I remember being so amazed, shocked, and saddened at the total deception and delusion they were under. How could anyone see this, or any other man as God. It really saddened me, and I prayed fervently that God would somehow lead them to Christ, and save them from the same fate as the one who deceived them.

I now look back at the decades I spent as a christian, and I am just as amazed, shocked, and saddened with myself. Because I now know I was no less deceived or deluded than those Moonies were. The only difference between them and me was, Christianity is a widely accepted delusion. Moonie-ism is not.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

If your Faith in Love for Him was Truly genuine, I heavily doubt you would be expressing the Christ as delusion today. He would have already spoken to you via the Holy Spirit and provided confirmations as He has to multitudes in the world, including myself.

Keep seeking Him if you so choose, for you are in a state of Separation and place your energies to separate others.

Christ Himself was being directed FULLY via the Holy Spirit of the Father in every Thought, Word and Deed on this earth. That is what made Him incorruptible in the flesh to Fulfill what He did. He is not 'G_d', he is the King who shall return to Serve again with His righteous after the time of Reckoning.

edit on 3-1-2012 by benedict9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by benedict9

If your Faith in Love for Him was Truly genuine, I heavily doubt you would be expressing the Christ as delusion today. He would have already spoken to you via the Holy Spirit and provided confirmations as He has to multitudes in the world, including myself.

How many times have I heard and said this canned answer? You aren't speaking to someone who is ignorant of the wiles of the church. Not that it is anything to be proud of, because it isn't, But...
I have witnessed to the public one on one and door to door.
I have taught and preached from the pulpit.
I have counselled and led backsliders back to the "lord".
I have served as an elder, and as a board member.
And I have met and spoken with names you would recognize.
I was no "Sunday morning christian". I was the real thing 24/7. I walked the talk.

Keep seeking Him if you so choose, for you are in a state of Separation and place your energies to separate others.

Seperated from what? The greatest psyop ever perpetrated on our species? And yes. If I can get one christian to take a serious look at what they have done to themselves and others, it will be worth it. The same tactics the church taught me to use in witnessing also work for deprogramming.

Christ Himself was being directed FULLY via the Holy Spirit of the Father in every Thought, Word and Deed on this earth. That is what made Him incorruptible in the flesh to Fulfill what He did. He is not 'G_d', he is the King who shall return to Serve again with His righteous after the time of Reckoning.

This is an interesting statement you've made. Thomas seemed to think he was God.

John 20:28 And Thomas answered and said to Him, “My Lord and my God!”

As did others. It would seem you deny the deity of the very one you claim to trust in.

I know the more a christian is persecuted, the more they will cling to their bible, and their beliefs. I know because I suffered much of it, and that's what I did. The persecution only made me stronger, and more convinced christianity was the ultimate truth.

When a Moonie finally comes out of the cult, and tries to speak with his former Moonie friends that will at least give him the time of day. Guess what that former Moonie sometimes hears from them?

So, what does it cost to become a disciple of Jesus Christ? The same thing it costs to become a disciple of any other cult. Everything.
edit on 1/3/2012 by Klassified because: Reword and redaction

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Sorry, the tone of the video turned me off more than would do anything to bring me closer to the Lord.

Luke 6:35 But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked.

This gives me great peace as I know many that still live immersed in the wicked ways of the world and if God is kind to the ungrateful and wicked, that should be my way also.

I'll certainly do my best not to judge knowing that God is the just judge and continue to pray for those who haven't found Him knowing God loves even the wicked.

To me your video is like holding a knife to somebody's throat. If you want to win people to Jesus why not talk about His awesome love.

It's all about the greatest love ever. When you come to know this love then you will be willing to sacrifice all for it.

edit on 1/3/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: word change

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

How many times have I heard and said this canned answer? You aren't speaking to someone who is ignorant of the wiles of the church.

You deny that the Holy Spirit is in operation and provides Confirmations to the Faithful?

No established church has dictated my path brother, for my walk is in personal Fellowship with no intermediary and indeed has provided several confirmations that you may consider 'canned'. If your Faith is in the trash and you are 'happy' to leave it there, then that is your wilfully chosen walk respectfully.

Seperated from what? The greatest psyop ever perpetrated on our species? And yes. If I can get one christian to take a serious look at what they have done to themselves and others, it will be worth it. The same tactics the church taught me to use in witnessing also work for deprogramming.

Separated from the Holy Trinity that you deny. Do you reject Christ based on the sins of men and the once trusted 'brethren' that have let you down along the Way? Know you are placed here in amongst the dominion of many spiritual adversaries (that often work through others close to us in this 'fallen' state).

You will be further exposed to trials and tribulations in many forms. The Law of Opposition in this current dimensional structure determines that negative entities have certain 'rights' over the soul in flesh. The Holy Spirit however determines Allowance (and Mercy in Grace) in accordance with 'reap what we sow' Lawful principles attached.

This is an interesting statement you've made. Thomas seemed to think he was God. John 20:28 And Thomas answered and said to Him, “My Lord and my God!” As did others. It would seem you deny the deity of the very one you claim to trust in.

Even Yehushua the Christ Trusted and Surrendered to His Father and I do not deny the Lord of Lords, King of Kings His Rightful Place as the Son of Man where there is Praise and Reverence for His Sacrifice in Service for the Children of the world.

Luke 22:42 Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done.

So, what does it cost to become a disciple of Jesus Christ? The same thing it costs to become a disciple of any other cult. Everything.

Corrupted organisations aside, True Glory must come with sacrifices within this temporal world of flesh where sin is Allowed. Such sacrifices to the ways of the flesh are far from 'everything' that houses the Light of the soul and it's true Purpose for incarnation--to Awaken to one's Origins in Love, Trust, Surrender and Service in that same Spirit of Love that Granted Life.

You have been hurt by your church group it seems and this is just one trial in the world to overcome.

Blessings that you be brought to Alignment like the prodigal son by the Will of the Father.

edit on 3-1-2012 by benedict9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   

How many times have I heard and said this canned answer? You aren't speaking to someone who is ignorant of the wiles of the church. Not that it is anything to be proud of, because it isn't, But...
I have witnessed to the public one on one and door to door.
I have taught and preached from the pulpit.
I have counselled and led backsliders back to the "lord".
I have served as an elder, and as a board member.
And I have met and spoken with names you would recognize.
I was no "Sunday morning christian". I was the real thing 24/7. I walked the talk.

Thank you, Klassified, for disclosing this here. I've been reading this forum daily, along with the Conspiracies in Religion forum, trying to get a grasp of how the minds of the most zealous work.

I have often sighed in frustration that there seemed to not be an experienced and knowledgable insider LEADER among them.

Are you open to a dialogue about what brought you to "leave" the cult? I would really like to hear more about your experience.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join