It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Leads Kerry 49% to 42% ??????????

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 11:07 AM
link   
A short article so I will quote it in it's entirety:

Sept. 9 (Bloomberg) -- U.S. President George W. Bush leads Democratic challenger John Kerry by 7 percentage points, a CBS News poll shows.

Bush is favored by 49 percent of 909 registered voters surveyed Sept. 6-8, and Kerry was supported by 42 percent, CBS found. The poll has a margin of error of plus or minus 3 percentage points. Bush had a 3 percentage point lead over Kerry in a CBS poll prior to the Republican National Convention in New York, which ended Sept. 2.

Kerry is losing support among women, moving from a 7 percentage point lead to a 5 percentage point deficit in the September poll. Among men, Bush's lead moved from 7 percentage points to 15 percentage points in the new poll, CBS News said.

The polls showed 36 percent of Democrats approved of Bush's handling of the war on terrorism, up from 24 percent before the convention. Nine in 10 Republicans back Bush while eight in 10 Democrats back Kerry, CBS said. source

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN TO ME HOW BUSH CAN BE IN THE LEAD???!!!!!!

HOW is this possible?

Now I'm really, REALLY depressed!

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 11:10 AM
link   
flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Its actually very simple.

The Incumbent always gets a post convention boost and its tradition to let the incumbent have his campaign after his opponent.

Last week it was an 11% lead, now its been reduced to 7% (give or take a few points in each direction on both occasions) So i'm sure you see how this is working out. The polls "boom" up because of the speeches, people get very hyped and impressed in the short run until they begin the dissection of the speech. Then it goes a little awry.

In the weeks after you see a measured drop in the boom number and this is "the bust" due to the speaker not having as much charisma on that night.

It's not something to worry about.

If you want to feel happier about Democrats then just wait for my ATSNN Exclusive analysis coming up within the next few hours.

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
Its actually very simple.

The Incumbent always gets a post convention boost and its tradition to let the incumbent have his campaign after his opponent.

Last week it was an 11% lead, now its been reduced to 7% (give or take a few points in each direction on both occasions) So i'm sure you see how this is working out. The polls "boom" up because of the speeches, people get very hyped and impressed in the short run until they begin the dissection of the speech. Then it goes a little awry.

In the weeks after you see a measured drop in the boom number and this is "the bust" due to the speaker not having as much charisma on that night.

It's not something to worry about.

If you want to feel happier about Democrats then just wait for my ATSNN Exclusive analysis coming up within the next few hours.

You can't compare the 11% poll to the 7% poll. CBS is pro Democrat so take the 7% poll as being the low end poll while the 11% is probably the high end. either way, Kerry has some work to do.

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Go ahead and feel depressed.

Bush's lead is more than likely double-digits after the "memo-fiasco".

and that's my analysis, and you didn't have to wait 'a few hours".

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Statistically it would be highly unusual for the upcoming election to be as close as the year 2000 election. It just likely will not occur.

Polls are seldom if ever accurate, can be made to show near anything they wish, and cannot possibly take into account all the variables which occur on election day.

now watch this, we will add a few posts to this thread:

www.electionguide04.com...

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Did you ever truely think Kerry had a chance to win this in the first place?

As I and others on here have said all along..."Bush is going to win this one way or another". I think this fact is becoming quite clear, so you better go ahead and prepare for another 4 years of this.

If Kerry wins I will be shocked. However, not to many things seem to shock me anymore, such as people voting for Bush because "he is one of the boys" or some talk like that. Or, people simply voting for Kerry because he is not Bush. People that think like this have me simply dumbfounded...I mean really, what do you say to people like this?

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 11:36 AM
link   
It could be that undecided voters and those who really want to vote for Kerry are saying "Bush." The reason why is to prevent another fake government sponsored Northwoods incident, which is more likely to happen if Bush is behind in the polls. Americans are smart you know, much smarter since many prefer the internet as their diverse source of information, over Fox so called news, which is worth half a billion in free publicity for Republicans.

What counts, if that is possible any more with those Diebold machines "robbing Georgia," is how people vote finally.

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 11:37 AM
link   
How do you feel about the Florida Judge (a democrat) preventing Nader from being on the Florida ballot?

I live in Florida, and Daley (Chicago Democrat) came down here in 2000 and attempted to use the Florida courts to hand Gore the election, so these tactics are not new to me.

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkipShipman
Americans are smart you know, much smarter since many prefer the internet as their diverse source of information...

If that was meant to be sarcastic then you are a genius sir

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jazzerman
As I and others on here have said all along..."Bush is going to win this one way or another".

I don't doubt that one bit.

...I mean really, what do you say to people like this?

They are a lost cause and are rampant around ATS in my opinion. I don't put much stock in polls but I wanted to see the reaction from ATS. Also Bout Time has an excellent post about poll manipulation: Artificial Poll Numbers: Complicit Corp.Media

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
flip flop flip flop flip flop flip flop

Wait! Which one are you refering too?

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by jrsdls
You can't compare the 11% poll to the 7% poll. CBS is pro Democrat so take the 7% poll as being the low end poll while the 11% is probably the high end. either way, Kerry has some work to do.

You obviously have no experience in a newsroom.

If you do, you should be sacked. Theres a system for polling and its overseen heavily by lawyers.

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by moxyone
How do you feel about the Florida Judge (a democrat) preventing Nader from being on the Florida ballot?

Anyone that prevents Democracy is not FOR America...whether they be a Republican, Democrat, etc. I dislike many Democrats because of there intent to ruin someone's bid for president, which is just appauling to say the least! They tried to convince Nader not to run so that a Democrat could get his votes, but Nader is just like me in the respect that he does not like either party. He has stated many times that if the Republicans and Democrats were given grades; he would give the Republicans a D, and the Democrats a D+. I think his analysis of the situation is spot on!

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling

Originally posted by jrsdls

You obviously have no experience in a newsroom.

If you do, you should be sacked. Theres a system for polling and its overseen heavily by lawyers.

You are correct, I'm not in a biased newsroom. Polls can be skewerd by how a question is asked. If all the polls were the same, then you would have the same numbers but they don't. Why does CBS produce fake documents to discredit a candidate? why should I believe that thier poll is not skewed towards getting more Democrats?

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I think bush wins.
Kerry talks only sh_it about other instead of focusing on the actual things.(ex bush)..
Bush has never done that except Sadam and Binladen.
Things take time bush do not got a magic wand either. Do Kerry believes he got one?

[edit on 10-9-2004 by Cardu]

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 12:34 PM
link   
As I stated before here. We can't stop bush getting re-elected. Kerry doesnt have a solid enough base and no one really likes him. If your voting for Kerry, you most likely are voting for him cause A) you are supporting your party or B) just because he's not Bush. Now on the other side, people actually DO like Bush and its alot more than Kerry. I think that simple divide has already sunk Kerry long before he even started. I guess I could say Kerry has a chance but its very slim and Bush& Co. has many many more tricks up their sleeve.

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gools

They are a lost cause and are rampant around ATS in my opinion. I don't put much stock in polls but I wanted to see the reaction from ATS. Also Bout Time has an excellent post about poll manipulation: Artificial Poll Numbers: Complicit Corp.Media

You have the Zogby and the Rassmussen Pollers putting it at 1 point &dead even, post convention. Come on Freepers & Bu#es, you realllllly think you hold the popular opinion in this country!?! PFFFFffft

SIMPLE PLAN: Have a complicit corporate media have it seem artificially close, so that when the theft comes through, it can be explained away. Hell, they know they have the CLOWNS IN GOWNS for the only five votes they need!!!!!

I'm waiting for Fat Boy Scalia to hammer the square peg of the 14th Amendment into an explanation AGAIN!

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bout Time

It's funny because it's true!

And it's sad and upsetting because it true!

It will be very interesting to see to turnout for this election. Either people will be motivated to vote because of the contentious nature of the campaign and the times we live in or they will be turned off voting all together.

I hope the "diebold" factor does not come into play but I fear the worst.

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Yeah, enjoy the new paper trail-less electronic voting machines from Bush's corporate pals.

All that belly-aching about Chavez and Venezuela......but the paper trail proved his win was above board.

The US isn't even able to match the Venezuelan election for that in many states.......and hardly anyone said a word when it mattered.

Course it's close, yeah yeah, whatever you need to get over it, neck and neck, hardly anyone bothered to vote....yadda yadda yadda.

*Unless the one true great proviso*......turnout is too great to manipulate.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join