It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rick Santorum says he would bomb Iran

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Seems that "the march of war"(eat snackie smores
) is being pushed by just about all the canidates. I think that if Ron Paul's election is lost(either by stupidity, or vote fraud), then we truly might be staring down the barrel of another major war.

Santorum says he would bomb Iran nuclear sites

Quoted from the above article.

Republican contender Rick Santorum says that if he's elected president, he would bomb Iran's nuclear facilities unless they were opened up for international arms inspectors.

The former Pennsylvania senator says President Barack Obama hasn't done enough to prevent the Iranian government from building a nuclear weapon and has risked turning the U.S. into a "paper tiger."

Is it just me or is Santorum more alarmed that our collective "manhood" manhood might be questioned, than the suffering of his fellow citizens(let alone his fellow man)?

edit on 1-1-2012 by Shark_Feeder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Rick Santorum is an idiot,My Humble Opinion.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
It's OK because he's not going to be elected President, ever.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Your opinion shouldn't be all that humble, since former CIA agents pretty much agree with you (well, OK, they don't think he's an idiot, they think he's an ignorant liar):

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Ever since I googled "Santorum" I could never again take the guy seriously.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
He considers Ron Pauls stance on iran dangerous? This guy can't believe that bombing iran is a good thing. Definetaly trying to say stuff just to get support.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by jlafleur02

The scary thing is, he probably isn't saying it for support. He probably means every word of it. Remember how it's come out that Cheney was pushing hard for Bush to do this himself in his 2nd term. Cheney had nothing to gain personally either way...his career was over with the end of the term and he seems fine with that. So... Hard as it is to believe, some people really believe it's the right thing to do. Personally? The fact they do just horrifies me.

What the heck ever happened to the near absolute sacrosanct concept of not intiiating a first strike for warfare?? I know it's hard to remember with 10 years of programming designed to help us forget those times even existed...but I sure do recall those times, and it wasn't that long ago. We need a MAN, but we don't need one into peeing contests just to prove he's one. We're going on a staggering 12 years of that brand of leadership now.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Doesn't matter because he's not going to be president...Obama would bomb Iran and he is going to be president...

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Shark_Feeder

Rick Santorum is literally insane. His religious fanaticism combined with his complete lack of understanding of the Constitution, as well as his delusional outlook of the world as a whole and the role that our government plays in shaping society, deems him clinically insane in my book.
edit on 1-1-2012 by TupacShakur because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ForeverDusk

Ever since I googled "Santorum" I could never again take the guy seriously.

Ever since I heard Santorum explain his position on a few issues, I could never take the guy seriously. How a single person can support this guy just baffles me. It gives me the chills just thinking about what would have to be going on in my head in order to hear him speak and agree with what he says.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Ron Paul said it best on Leno.

He's the candidate who hates muslims and gays. Nothing more.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Ugh... I hate living in PA. It is like the Alabama of the North. Our politicians are crap statewide.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Unfortunately, based on my personal experience, there are probably more Pennsylvanians who hold the same opinions and outlook on life that Rick Santorum holds than most would care to admit. My family are from Schuylkill, Carbon, Berks, and Lehigh counties, and I spent the first sixteen years of my life in that region (in and around Pottsville). Suffice it to say that I've not been back in a very long time, nor do I ever see my self returning.

I'll soft-pedal what I'm alluding to by stating that most folks up that way are "retrograde" in their thinking (or not thinking, as the case may be). A heady combination of jingoism, ignorance, hostility towards outsiders, and machismo, bundled up in an inexplicable collective delusion that they are the last true bearers of the cross. Sound familiar? By the same token, I've a string of friends from elsewhere in Pennsylvania (Uniontown, Meadville, York), and after some time away, upon returning they too have been saddened and disillusioned by what they've found.

No question that many of the qualities I ascribed can be found most anywhere in the world, but do not think for a second that Rick Santorum is deranged or a hate-monger. He is simply parroting many of those he represents.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by TupacShakur

Rick Santorum is literally insane. His religious fanaticism combined with his complete lack of understanding of the Constitution, as well as his delusional outlook of the world as a whole and the role that our government plays in shaping society, deems him clinically insane in my book.

^Quoted for truth. I can't believe we, here in PA, elected him as Senator! With every word of how we would "rule" to what he believes he is... just an example of extreme psychosis.

I find it sad that Ron Paul is considered a nut job, but this guy is considered moderate right wing. WHAT?

Derek

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Yes and it seems the Christian voters in Iowa just love him because war is peace. How very religious of them.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Skewed-logic time: If person A wants to bomb country B, wouldn't country B get pissed off and bomb the country of person A? Once again, the citizens must listen well to how believable "politicians" come across. Also, wouldn't bombing these nuclear facilities spread nuclear radiation to the surrounding environment? Huh? Huh?

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Yes, that is exactly what needs to be done. Finally someone who has the brains to actually find out what they want to do with their nuclear 'Sites'

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Personally, I think we should have bombed Iran years ago, when they took the hostages. A candidate that is willing to do something about their threats now is one I can support. Point in Santorum's favor, in my opinion!

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Just when I was gonna push him to be the 12 GOP Nod he pulls this! Do any of them ever learn?

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   
What I am afraid of is that Obama will lose to Romney, Gingrich, Santorum, or Bachmann. They all believe that Obama hasn't killed enough people and has been too soft on terror. Instead of the hundreds of thousands Obama has murdered, they'll go ahead and stretch that out to millions, or tens of millions.

/TOA

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join