It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How To Counter These Statments

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Support" for Israel was stated in the sense of being an ally. The context inferring military support if attacked, etc. America only exists thanks to foreign support (both military and financial)
Wheres the proof America existed thanks to foreign support
thats qutie a lot of nonsense and every foreign support that has been accepted has never supported the American people.
edit on 1-1-2012 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
This is just my best guess - but - I'm guessing whoever said that meant during the American revolution when the young US got some vital assistance from France and others. However, it was the assistance from France that was most vital.

Infoplease - Foreign Assistance

Agents of the new nation—notably Benjamin Franklin, Arthur Lee, Silas Deane, and later John Adams—were striving to get help, and in 1777 Pierre de Beaumarchais had succeeded in getting arms and supplies sent to the colonials in time to help win the battle of Saratoga. That victory made it easier for France to enter upon an alliance with the United States, for which Franklin and the comte de Vergennes (the French foreign minister) signed (1778) a treaty. Spain entered the war against Great Britain in 1779, but Spanish help did little for the United States, while French soldiers and sailors and especially French supplies and money were of crucial importance.

That's just a small bit on the role of the French in the revolutionary war. But, they played a big part and yes, there is a chance we might have lost if they hadn't helped.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Now, I'm no more a student of History than the next guy, but, didn't France come to our aid during the Revolutionary War?
Never mind that France financed the South during The Civil War...

Just an example.

Cuhail

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Well the reason i asked about this is because Ron Paul is agaisnt Foreign Assistance and you know what he maybe right about the Foreign Assistance.

Ever since the revolutionary war war ended America has sent the Foreign Assistance to enemy countries even pakistan and Egypt.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Dear Agent_USA_Supporter,

OH!, Now I understand what you were trying to get to. I think some of the posters have pointed out that America did get support. We are still getting support, though not necessarily economic (unless you count the Chinese buying our Treasuries).

We get military bases, intelligence, and some international political support from various places.

How do you understand Paul's position against foreign assistance? Do you think he's against military aid to Israel? All military aid to anybody? All aid, including humanitarian?

As I said earlier, I didn't understand your point. Now that I think I do, maybe a conversation is in order. Although I must admit, I didn't think this was a Ron Paul thread.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Dear Agent_USA_Supporter,

OH!, Now I understand what you were trying to get to. I think some of the posters have pointed out that America did get support. We are still getting support, though not necessarily economic (unless you count the Chinese buying our Treasuries).

We get military bases, intelligence, and some international political support from various places.

How do you understand Paul's position against foreign assistance? Do you think he's against military aid to Israel? All military aid to anybody? All aid, including humanitarian?

As I said earlier, I didn't understand your point. Now that I think I do, maybe a conversation is in order. Although I must admit, I didn't think this was a Ron Paul thread.

With respect,
Charles1952

No problem i was in a bit of a rush i was watching CNN at the same time while making this thread as for the point on on how about Foreign Assistance.

Ron Paul has no problems with Israel he is against foreign assistance which i agree with him on that and that the fat he has stated that he had problems that fact America had always was given foreign assistance to its enemies.

As for humanitarian assistance.

I have always believed that the humanitarian assistance doesnt help the right people nor does the money go to them.

top topics

join