It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blood Magic - Real or Sympathetic Neurology?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Oh don't mind the demons and dimensions, because like you know! they don't exist, and its all about who is your favorite dude in a suite on the tube. And if your for the red team, or the blue team.

But the whole control women to control men to control societies is old, and eventually it would have reached its limit, so something new is coming down the wire...But fear not you wont live long enoph for that anyways, way past your time...I mean how long do humans live anyways, like 500 years or something.

Anyways, its all been said and done before there really is nothing new under the sun.

Under the moon however that remains to be seen.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
The only thing I've heard on this was some kind of a blood love potion. I'm not one to spread things like this around but what the hell this is ATS. Supposedly, if you slip someone a mickey that involves just a drop of your own blood that person will fall in love with you forever. don't know if it works. I've avoided the temptation and my wife is happily married to me. So useless information for me really.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by galadofwarthethird

You guys have the best stories. Seriously.

But let us talk about the premise here! If you're running around with these stories, don't you think, just like blood magic, what you are really doing is making stories to account for neurological, psychological or physiological processes? Or keeping to old stories that suit your psychological make-up to account for the effect of certain behaviours or actions on groups of other people?

Nothing new under the sun. I feel a Battlestar Galatica reference coming on. "All this has happened before...."

edit to add!

edit on 2012/1/8 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

I think if there is such a thing, and there probably is, that it's utterly disgusting, and an grevious offence against both man and God.

Only one among us, was fit to shed blood as an atonement, but the taking, and using of another's blood to gain power is the lowest of lows.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
What makes you think that it is the lowest of lows? What exactly is it that provokes that in you?

I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you - but I don't think it is a concept that goes away because it is yucky. The effect on people remains, and therefore it remains a tool of those who would use it.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

You know what? I'll play.

Cutting oneself for any reason? Yucky by definition. For why? Self harm.

Cutting (or butchering) something else? Try it sometime. See how that goes for you.

ETA: The very fact that an increase in "surplus population" (yeah, I know, we're post yule, sue me) translates to a laissez-faire approach to all sorts of blood-letting should give us pause. If, that is, we're trying to perpetuate the new wet-wiring.
edit on 9-1-2012 by mistermonculous because: Which I think we are.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by tauristercus

Originally posted by Aeons
I'm curious about your opinions on the existence of Blood Magic. I've seen people refer to its use on ATS, and I'm curious about what it is that you think Blood Magic is exactly?

When some group or person is using Blood Magic, what do you suppose their goals are? How do you think this force works?

Is this some real force you believe in, or some form of psychological teasing where a person or group is using their own / other people's primal neural responses for new purposes?

Obviously from your statements above, you're a believer in this so-called "blood magic" effect.
For those of us who exist in a more rational world and do NOT believe in this sort of stuff, would you please supply just ONE incontrovertible and unarguable example of such "blood magic". Also, if it were to exist, please explain the science/chemistry behind it's effects ?

Again, all I'm asking is for just ONE rock solid piece of evidence for it's existence. Shouldn't be hard to produce, hey ?????

Hitler was into the occult and had a blood flag ceremony. They were celebrating the men who died on their failed revolution when Hitler used the flag that had blood from when 16 men died and one died on the flag. He then rubbed that falg on every flag in the ceremony which was a lot and shook every soilders hand. I saw better footage of this blood magick ceremony on the History channel.
www.youtube.com...

Magick happens all around you, you just cant see it. My theory is the blood carries something in it with a quantum effect with the eather. The emotion of dying that day or the discharge of life force could charge the blood in some way. This could mean anyone who comes in contact with just atoms of this bood would be linked together with this emotion. Hitler was insuring war.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by mistermonculous

Now I used to have an acquaintance who used to do pagan things with a Voodun priestess. I talked with her a couple of times about blood magic in Voodun. The arguments were quite adamant, and I really don't think she liked me very much afterwards.

She was quite adamant that I was just utterly mistaken and self-righteous about the use of blood and killing. She thought it was an excellent tool and not only didn't have qualms but was down right offended by me. I offend lots of people, and the level of her feelings of offense remain as some of the worst reaction I've ever invoked in someone.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Folks get surprisingly uptight over practices they feel to be viscerally distasteful. They sublimate those feelings into a pseudo-moralistic or hokum-mystical construct.

It's all about leveraging a shock to the system into a mystical experience. It's just gaming another center. And people are touchy about that, because violating your front-brain impulses to get some kind of transcendental rush is, well, sleazy.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

I was mistaken, there's something even lower, which would be the ritual sacrifice of a human being(s).

"...sacrificed, on the alter of freedom."
~ Rudolf Guiliani, 9/11 memorial service, '04 or '05

in other words, such "sacrifices" can come in many forms, and needn't involve a bunch of hooded figures and torches surrounding a sacrificial alter.

The whole gambit of occult sacrifice, ritual blood magic, whatever, is an absolute disgrace, imho. I almost tremble for such folks, what they will do when they encounter the white throne of the living God, when there's nowhere left to run or hide from a just judgement.

The good news, however, for such people, is that while they are still drawing breath, there is still time to turn, and be healed, and to have their robes washed in the blood of the lamb, who alone is worthy, and trustworthy.

"That which hurts, instructs."
~ Benjamin Franklin

edit on 10-1-2012 by NewAgeMan because: edit

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Most blood magic is done with either the own practitioners blodd or blood which is freely given. In this sense is not too much different from any other form of magick which involves hair or fingernails or any other ingrediant originally from the human body.

Human or animal sacrifice is obviously a horrible practise. But humans kill each other for stupid meaningless reason all the time; and if you look at the bigger picture is it any worse to kill an animal to attain some kind of esoteric power (especially when the soul already has the power to achieve anything) than it is to kill an animal to make a fur coat (when the are plenty of substitutes which do not require killing at all)?

It is actually strong emotional responses such as yours NewAgeMan which is the overall key to the power of blood in the first place.

edit on 11/1/2012 by 1littlewolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

placebo effect only as per majic but it can transfer blood diseases.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Sleazy is pretty accurate I think.

Using this effect probably only proves that the people doing it don't want to lead or interact with humans. They want to lead or interact with dressed up chimpanzees, and the people revelling in it want to not live in their human brain.

It could be that law of supply and demand works well here. It is that people have a reaction that allows the supply to continue. It could also be that this effect is a form of disabling competition by disabling their humanity.

How to cut off supply by reducing demand without making the demand side less human. Teaching the world to be uneffected is also to make them not human. Hm. What an interesting dilemma.

So, I am cult leader X. To bond the cult, I engage in some form of ritualized violence. By doing so, I make my cult into hairless chimpanzees. Any member(s) in the cult who do not have the appropriate reaction are targetted for the next round of ritualized violence. So the only people who remain not hairless chimpanzees are the cult members who have some "disorder" that makes them incapable of the reaction, those who do not devolve or those can break the "spell" without being noticed for a period of time.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by 1littlewolf

Point taken, and that last bit is almost amuzing, maybe.. and in truth I was thinking of certain passages in the book of The Revelation of John with regards to the revolting nature of such practices.

It might be worth considering however, that the waging of war, at times, may very well represent a type of ritual blood sacrifice..en mass, in which case perhaps it might be in everyone's best interest if such practices, in all forms, were to come to an end..

We need a new world, and yes, a new age, the time has surely come, and are not these types of things just part of one whole spectrum of abhorant and disgusting things at enmity with both man and God..?

I see your point, but do you see where I'm coming from?

edit on 11-1-2012 by NewAgeMan because: typo fixed

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Yes, vitae (blood or semen) works, and yes, it's very strong. I've used it (my own) for animating/fuelling servitors before.

However, there are serious disadvantages. It will attract literally every potentially energy-feeding spirit for miles around; and whichever spirit gets there first will end up bound to you, spiritually and physically. Servitors made or fuelled with this method will be very strongly bound to you, as well. If the servitor feels pain, you will too, and there can be emotional bleed through also.

In other words, if you're going to do it, you only want to do it within a fully warded and banished environment, which you are absolutely sure contains no other spirits. Generally speaking, it is not a method I recommend. The ally I did it for, was one that I intended to be permanent, and that I have particularly strong feelings for; but I probably still should not have done it.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
I think that I can make a case that most of the religions on the planet are using variations of blood magic to game people's brains and none of them are very responsible.

Indeed they are. And because people think it's all "make believe", they don't really bother to hide it much...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3ed7eaaf1e16.jpg[/atsimg]

The Salvation Army is a Protestant Christian church known for its thrift stores and charity work.

en.wikipedia.org...

They even have a blatant depiction of a serpent coiled around the cross!

Yeah, blood magic is real, but only to those in the know...

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Illustrative Anecdote re: Bloody War

In the early stages of World War II, Franklin D. Roosevelt purportedly called Winston Churchill to ask of him, "What shall we call this war?" to which Churchill replied immediately and without hesitation "The UNECCESSARY WAR!"
~ Winston Churchill, from The Gathering Storm, Volume I, World War II Memoirs

"That which hurts, instructs."
~ Benjamin Franklin

"I ask for mercy, NOT sacrifice!"
~ Jesus Christ

edit on 12-1-2012 by NewAgeMan because: damn typo fixed, yet without any bloodshed.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

Good find!

The ah.. "problem" (that's the understatement of the ages) with that symbol emblem, just for the record, isn't the cross itself, which signifies the willing, and neccessary, self-sacrifice of the high priest of the universal temple of the living God, who said "I ask for mercy, not sacrifice."

Love, not hatred, is the governing dynamic of the universe, and there is just no place anymore, either on this world, or in any other for this kind of thing, it's time has come to an end, and those who continue to practice such things will surely pay a heavy price, although all vengeance belongs to God alone, who is just in his judgements.

It is important however, to remember, that the high standard of the twin pillars of justice and mercy, is forgiveness, from the apex at Calvary or Golgotha, to wherever each person lives, moves and has their being, and while alive we each have time to repent, turn and be healed. Although I would imagine that willful persistence in such things, once warned, and the Bible is very clear on this issue (see The Revelation of John for more), may very well be another matter altogether. Best I would think to shut the door on it all and throw away the key forever, or at least for a 1000 years!

The time has come for peace on earth and good will to men, each to a one, "Darth Vadar" (whoever he is) included.

The 9 Fruits of the Spirit

1.Love
2.Joy
3.Peace
4.Longsuffering (Patience)
5.Kindness
6.Goodness
7.Faithfulness
8.Gentleness
9.Self-control

"You will know them by their fruits."

"I ask for mercy, not sacrifice."

Best Regards, and with much Love,

NAM
[I hereby proclaim my absolute freedom to express my views, although I really have nothing more to say, or add on this matter.]

May health and healing be yours this new year and beyond in the name of Jesus Christ (whether you believe or not). Amen!

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Seems reasonable.

And yet you won't find a single example of menstruation pron. I know, I've gone digging for it. The only thing in the entire world that hasn't been fetishized and transformed into a sub-genre. Also, fear and disgust seem to be universal responses, most cultures having developed elaborate rules and deep-seated taboos around this lady bizness.

Any chance that's due to menstruation hitting the same trigger (disgust, fear) as bloodshed, simply by virtue of its being likewise bloody?

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Blood magic is very powerful

it's usually the rule that the more primitive a magical system is
the more powerful it is, and the more it approaches what some would call black, though that is being simplistic, to a degree Black Magic is more powerfull due to it's SIMPLICITY,it's usually manifested in raw form while White, due to it's complexity/sophistication uses more energy in the production of pattern/forms

again this is somewhat simplistic and has it's origins in religious descrimination

what determines ultimately whether it's Black/Evil or White/Good

is INTENT.

in magic Sacrifice is merely:

The Destruction of a Form/Pattern/Object
in order to release the Forces/Energies contained
within it.

these forces are then used directly or Bound into a new Form.

and of course the ultimate sacrifice is of oneself, or a part of oneself [such as blood]
Menstrual Blood contains additional forces, this makes it even more powerful

all of these concepts [including Blood Magic
]
are of Animistic origin

Animism 101 or the Magical Nature of the Soul OF Things

illustrative video snippet for my upcoming Magic for Idiots series
snippet taken from Bleach - 346

[I do not own the rights Bleach is copyright by creator Tito Kube and produced by TV Tokyo Corporation ,Shueisha, Dentsu, and Studio Pierrot. The moral authority of the copyright holders has been upheld]

Animism 101 or the Magical Nature of the Soul OF Things

Animism is based on the theory or observation that all phenomena---not just plants and animals are animate or alive in some sense. The animist magician attempts to work with the vital principle in every phenomenon. This vital principle or "Mana" as it is known in parts of Oceania, represents both the power and the quality of all phenomenon, be It a human, animal, plant, stone, or other natural object or event. As mana is directly transferable between phenomena, animist magicians may carry or ingest certain things to add their powers and qualities to their own. Alternatively they may seek to absorb the qualities of the mana in such things to give divinatory knowledge. In many animist systems, the powers and qualities of mana are also transferable by imaginative visualization, or by some form of ritual enchantment by which the mana from some phenomenon can be used in the absence of the phenomenon itself. Alternatively, a mere part of the phenomenon, or something once part of it, can be used; for example, the claws of an eagle or someone's personal possessions. In some animist systems, mana is simply a property of any phenomenon, like its weight or volume. It is not antecedent to the phenomenon and neither does it survive its destruction. In other systems, mana is thought to precede the physical form and is considered to be the cause of its existence. This leads to more complex theories about the origin of mana itself and the survival of mana from things which have ceased to exist. Thus it can be seen that the more complex theories of animism begin to shade into spiritism.

taken from Peter Carroll's Liber Khaos copyright Peter Carroll

you can substitute Soul with Mana, Prana, Jing, Chi,Orgone or any kind of Force, Energy, or Emotion that best suits you.

apparently video is being blocked by YT funny i see entire episodes on YT and they are not being penalized
direct link www.youtube.com...

i'll upload the video snippet to my Dropbox account so those interested can see it though they'll probably have to download it.
Animism 101 or the Magical Nature of the Soul OF Things:
www.dropbox.com...

edit on 27-7-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: added edit and comment

edit on 27-7-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join