It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blood Magic - Real or Sympathetic Neurology?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I'm curious about your opinions on the existence of Blood Magic. I've seen people refer to its use on ATS, and I'm curious about what it is that you think Blood Magic is exactly?

When some group or person is using Blood Magic, what do you suppose their goals are? How do you think this force works?

Is this some real force you believe in, or some form of psychological teasing where a person or group is using their own / other people's primal neural responses for new purposes?

edit on 2012/1/1 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Here, I'll give the dog a bone.
magickfortherealworld.wordpress.com...

I personally think that "real" magic(magick) involves the work of demons, so to me it is both real and undesirable.
However, we are all entitled to our beliefs, and it's an interesting subject to read about... if treated with a moderate dose of skepticism.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Ruff Ruff.

So if you think this is real and the work of demons, how is the work of demons coming from this person's pricked finger? Or in this case, do you believe this person is just deluded and not demonic?

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
I'm curious about your opinions on the existence of Blood Magic. I've seen people refer to its use on ATS, and I'm curious about what it is that you think Blood Magic is exactly?

When some group or person is using Blood Magic, what do you suppose their goals are? How do you think this force works?

Is this some real force you believe in, or some form of psychological teasing where a person or group is using their own / other people's primal neural responses for new purposes?

Obviously from your statements above, you're a believer in this so-called "blood magic" effect.
For those of us who exist in a more rational world and do NOT believe in this sort of stuff, would you please supply just ONE incontrovertible and unarguable example of such "blood magic". Also, if it were to exist, please explain the science/chemistry behind it's effects ?

Again, all I'm asking is for just ONE rock solid piece of evidence for it's existence. Shouldn't be hard to produce, hey ?????

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Ruff Ruff.

So if you think this is real and the work of demons, how is the work of demons coming from this person's pricked finger? Or in this case, do you believe this person is just deluded and not demonic?

I don't think that blood intrinsically has "life-force" or any sort of supernatural power. The demonic entity deceives the person by giving them a false sense of power. The magician thinks he/she controls the spirit because they saw a desired result, but they were never in control.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by tauristercus

You should re-read my title.

Just one example? The Cruxification of Jesus Christ. The impact of it should be observable even to the most ardent disbeliever.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by MeesterB
The demonic entity deceives the person by giving them a false sense of power

Demonic entity ???

Hmmmm ... any chance that yourself (or any one else) would care to explain how a "demon" comes into existence ?
I'm not asking WHERE they come from ... hell, hades, godlikeproductions,etc,etc ... but HOW they are created. I'm assuming that "demons" haven't been around eternally, so who created them ? If you're going to say it was Lucifer/Satan, then I'll respond by asking WHEN did Lucifer/Satan, being allegedly nothing more than a cast-out rebellious angel, acquire the power/ability to create other "life forms" ?

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Just one example? The Cruxification of Jesus Christ. The impact of it should be observable even to the most ardent disbeliever.

I've never heard the Crucifixion story with a blood magic spin. Please expand on that idea. I want to see where you take it.

Once again, going off personal belief, I think the blood of Jesus should be considered differently from my blood or yours since he is the son of God.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Point taken ... sloppy reading on my part.
In that case I re-address my original question to those with a "true belief" in blood magic.

Sorry, that example doesn't work for me as I'll automatically ask for proof that the person labeled "Jesus Christ" actually existed. Besides the unprovable biblical references, you'd have to supply additional corroborating evidence.

Anyway, the above is straying away from the thread topic and I apologize.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   

I've never heard the Crucifixion story with a blood magic spin. Please expand on that idea. I want to see where you take it.

Once again, going off personal belief, I think the blood of Jesus should be considered differently from my blood or yours since he is the son of God.

Well, if you consider that the cruxification is an act which involves death and blood - divine or otherwise - the impact of that death and violence is fairly apparent in the population.

If you remove the divine aspect and consider it only from the "rational" mind, then the impact that this event had on people's cognitive processes and their internal concept of society is literally all around you today.

The magic is in how this event effected the people there, the people who heard about it and cared, and all subsequent people those people came into contact with. I feel like quoting an 80s shampoo commercial now. "And she told two people...."

That this event had an impact on people isn't debatable. The end result speaks for itself.

Now since this isn't the only example of this effect, even if you believe that Jesus is the Son of God (or some other type of emissary of God), you'd have to see that this same effect has occurred around other people/entities/stories throughout time.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Magic is something that only the magician knows how it works. Hence there is no real magic, only bull#ting the audience. Using blood for some sacrificial purpose may or may not work, it depends if the blood (or rather the water in the blood) actually have a "memory" and if the purpose is to blend the "memory" back to aether where it one came from...

The aether # ain't mumbo-jumbo, please read @ www.glafreniere.com... .

Edit:

Originally posted by tauristercus

Demonic entity ???

Hmmmm ... any chance that yourself (or any one else) would care to explain how a "demon" comes into existence ?
I'm not asking WHERE they come from ... hell, hades, godlikeproductions,etc,etc ... but HOW they are created. I'm assuming that "demons" haven't been around eternally, so who created them ? If you're going to say it was Lucifer/Satan, then I'll respond by asking WHEN did Lucifer/Satan, being allegedly nothing more than a cast-out rebellious angel, acquire the power/ability to create other "life forms" ?

In the beginning there is everything and nothing at the same time. When this everything and nothing comes self aware (it has mirrored itself) it (the everything) creates harmonical over- and undertones of the images of itself and itself creating constructive and destructive waves....

In another thread (www.abovetopsecret.com...) I phrased
like this when the question was "If you were the only one existing & knew how to Create, what would you Create & why?": "I would create image (a child) of me from me to be me resonating to every constructive or destructive images projected from the illusion of my creation only to notice in some time that I would be here reading this post..
Forever and beyond, everything is perfect"

This is the same thing all major religious systems tell with another paraphrasing. I can impart that I cannot tell you anything new under the sun.

edit on 1-1-2012 by JackTheTripper because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Demonic entity ???

You know you can discuss a topic with personal opinions from your own world-view, right? You are obviously trying so hard to make me look stupid by asking questions that can't be definitively answered, so I hope you feel superior by being so utterly grounded and factual.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Sorry, that example doesn't work for me as I'll automatically ask for proof that the person labeled "Jesus Christ" actually existed. Besides the unprovable biblical references, you'd have to supply additional corroborating evidence.

Well I would say that if Jesus didn't exist, then the impact of this story on the human mind just with the imagination of violence and blood seems even more magical.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Well, if you consider that the cruxification is an act which involves death and blood - divine or otherwise - the impact of that death and violence is fairly apparent in the population.

If you remove the divine aspect and consider it only from the "rational" mind, then the impact that this event had on people's cognitive processes and their internal concept of society is literally all around you today.

The magic is in how this event effected the people there, the people who heard about it and cared, and all subsequent people those people came into contact with. I feel like quoting an 80s shampoo commercial now. "And she told two people...."

That this event had an impact on people isn't debatable. The end result speaks for itself.

Now since this isn't the only example of this effect, even if you believe that Jesus is the Son of God (or some other type of emissary of God), you'd have to see that this same effect has occurred around other people/entities/stories throughout time.

Hmm. I don't think that your example there really addresses the ritual use of blood for purposes of "magick." I think it more pertains to the social impact of a martyr, especially if you disregard divinity. Sure there is blood that is spilled for an explicit reason, but the social impact is a result of human action and not some other-worldly force acting.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
The ritual is inherent in the process in the intent of the martyr. Sometimes by design; the martyr is using some mental magic framework.

The entire act of martyrdom is ritualistic, and hits all the criteria for magic. Intent expressed, prep, focused will, stylized performance, all to make something happen.

The magic is in the social repercussions, and since in the case of the martyr this is their want, I would have to suggest that sometimes their "magic" works because their act does impact the thinking processes of the people around them. Sometimes permanently.

(How many guys lit themselves on fire to get that story to catch in the Middle East / Maghreb this year? I'm upto three in three different countries.)

The otherworldly force is in that regardless of the will of the individual in receipt of this bit of social magic, it impacts them.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Sure there is blood that is spilled for an explicit reason, but the social impact is a result of human action and not some other-worldly force acting.

Indeed - I suspect the bloodspilling or any other "sacrifice" is to (re)assure (to the all, including the performer) the work is considered to be hermetic, thus it "requires" the bloodspilling. In a sense, it is totally superstitious and unrequired, but at the same time, rational and required manner.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by JackTheTripper

Well, violence and aggression (and this sort of magic by definition is aggressive), absolutely impacts the neural chemistry of other people. Therefore, it is entirely rational.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Perhaps, but I still dislike the word "magic"? When you perform something called "magic" it is not magic to the performer unless he doesn't really know what he's doing. That, my friend, is called calvinism (it is based on something I actually described, but exercising it without understanding the fundamentals) Those crazy muslims call it inshallah.. When one has been used to (and knows only) safety-matches and then a magician lights strike-anywhere match by scratching it on his ass, that SEEMS to be magic for the one. It MAY even be magic to the magician if he doesn't know what is the chemistry behind this. But someone does know the purpose of this.

Anyway, did you read my first post to this thread I edited? There is whatsoever no proof that there would be any ramifications for using blood magic - and I am not going for the butterfly-effect or superstring/multiverse-universe crap all of which are plausible and once again, already described. The real question Is here someone who can teach how to use that kind of magic and knows about that kind of magic? I would love to see something in action, rather than trying to see when someone says he is going to light the safety-match by throwing it underwater and saying the emperor has new clothes.

In the mean time, please do read Hazel Courtneys book titled "Countdown to coherence - a spiritual journey toward scientific theory of everything". It's nice book before bedtime.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
If you are using focus and intent to make something happen, and the impact of your actions has creates an effect in the neural chemistry of others regardless of their will - calling it magic or social engineering is entirely semantics.

I can call tripping "falling down" or call it a "gravity induced injury" and the semantics makes no difference.

Can someone teach this to you? Which part? The knowing it or the doing it?

Blood magic is all about ... people. Not waving your magic wand and fire appears. I might say, it is the only type of magic you can certainly find proof for, can support with science (most of it), and can teach.

I actually do have an example in mind, but I don't think I'm going to use it. I'll think of another.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Semantics indeed - I think we are talking about the same subject with different wording (as I concurr fully with what you wrote). Think of coin, and you view the other face and I the other - it's a coin, nevertheless..
Please do give an example though.

And please explain the title "Blood Magic - Real or Sympathetic Neurology?" I really did not get what the blood magic has to do with neurology at all?[
edit on 1-1-2012 by JackTheTripper because: Thanks for the 100th star btw!

<<   2  3 >>

join