It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dallas - Anti-Moore Film Festival

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Awwwwwwww. I hope Moore doesn't get his
itty bitty feelings hurt (not!).

I found this interesting.

It won't make much political impact, but some folks
have taken their frustration at being subjected to the
quasi-Marxist fantasy of F911, and they did something
about it. They are showing films that are actually
accurate, and in direct opposition to F911.

Like I said it won't make much of an impact I'm sure,
but it sure does make them feel better knowing that
they are speaking truth, something that Michael Moore
wouldn't know about.

cbs11tv.com...

Excerpt -

"We disagree with Michael Moore. He has said publicly that he believes America is a nation of idiots. We disagree with that."

The festival will run in Dallas from September 9th through the 11th. Organizers plan to screen about two dozen films at a local theatre.

[edit on 9/10/2004 by FlyersFan]

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Excerpt -

"We disagree with Michael Moore. He has said publicly that he believes America is a nation of idiots. We disagree with that."

The festival will run in Dallas from September 9th through the 11th. Organizers plan to screen about two dozen films at a local theatre.

[edit on 9/10/2004 by FlyersFan]

God! You have to love the irony! Why no, they're not idiots, I mean, look at the list of films at the festival:

DC/911: Time of Crisis: Timothy Bottoms (The Paper Chase) stars in "an inside look at the courage and decisiveness of President Bush in the minutes, hours and days following America's worst tragedy."

To End All Wars: Kiefer Sutherland (TV's 24) stars in a World War II drama about survival in a POW camp in the Pacific.

Entertaining Vietnam: Documentary about musicians and dancers "who crossed enemy lines to entertain those fighting for freedom."

George W. Bush: Faith in the White House: "How the power of faith can change a life, build a family and shape the destiny of a nation."

Innocents Betrayed: Invoking memories of Nazi Germany and the Soviet Union, the documentary poses that the "path to tyranny in these and other 20th century dictatorships began with the implementation of gun control."

Is It True What They Say About Ann?: Patrick Wright's profile of conservative thinker Ann Coulter "as you've never seen her before."

Mega Fix: The Dazzling Political Deceit That Led to 9/11: Monologist Jack Cashill links bombings in Oklahoma City and Atlanta's Centennial Olympic Park, the destruction of TWA Flight 800 off Long Island, N.Y., and other tragedies to the "perfect storm of disinformation that surrounded the Clintons' desperate drive to the White House."

Michael and Me: In response to Bowling for Columbine, talk show host Larry Elder "teaches Michael Moore a thing or two about the Second Amendment."

Michael Moore Hates America: Mike Wilson's documentary "challenges Mr. Moore's radical left-wing propaganda (and) tells the truth about a great nation."

Operation Eagle Strike: Conservatives infiltrate an antiwar rally: "Who says that the left doesn't hate?"

Relentless: "Unravels the myths and exposes the obstacles to achieving peace in the Middle East."

Remembering Saddam: Six Iraqis tell of their mutilations under Hussein's orders "and why today they are among America's staunchest supporters."

The Siege of Western Civilization: Herb Meyer, a high-level intelligence official in the Reagan administration, "outlines the history of Western Civilization and the threats we now face, from the war on terrorism to our own country's Second Civil War."

Silent Victory: Retired Army Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf and others recall the "young patriots" of Company F, 51st Long Range Patrol who volunteered for duty in Vietnam "and how they became the most successful unit of its kind in spite of the press insisting otherwise."

St. Pete Times

I guess they didn't have time for Leni Riefenstahl.

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I agree with Moore on the idiot thing, and we're watching DC9/11 in my government class, and oh my god is it some inaccurate crap. While the actors do look like the actual people(in most cases), they portray Mr. Bush as a bad @$$, and I know he's nothing of the sort, I'm sure he said some of those things, but the movie is a little exaggerated.

Let them have their festival, but it will just get Moore more publicity, and he does not mind that at all.

And isn't it odd that for someone that so many people hate, they sure talk about him a lot.

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by TenaciousGuy
I agree with Moore on the idiot thing, and we're watching DC9/11 in my government class, and oh my god is it some inaccurate crap

I hope they weren't presenting it as fact in school/collage.
Fat chance of that though, eh? Most schools are cesspools of
marxist propaganda.

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 10:30 AM
link   
What makes me so mad about DC 9/11 is that they continually portray him as a christian!
He is anything but one, no matter what he says!

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 11:11 AM
link   
like you would know what a christian believes. tell me how do you do it? it must be nice to have that kind of vision.

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 11:26 AM
link   

I agree with Moore on the idiot thing, and we're watching DC9/11 in my government class, and oh my god is it some inaccurate crap. While the actors do look like the actual people(in most cases), they portray Mr. Bush as a bad @$$, and I know he's nothing of the sort, I'm sure he said some of those things, but the movie is a little exaggerated.

Let them have their festival, but it will just get Moore more publicity, and he does not mind that at all.

And isn't it odd that for someone that so many people hate, they sure talk about him a lot.

Someday, when you're all grown up, and you're an adult who has a job, pays taxes and is responsible for raising a family you will look back at this Marxist Propaganda that you are mistaking for an "Education" and be real ticked off that no teacher bothered to present an objective point of view while also teaching the necessary faculties to spawn critical thinking. But I guess in the meantime you will simply sit back and enjoy the Koolaid.

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
I hope they weren't presenting it as fact in school/collage.
Fat chance of that though, eh? Most schools are cesspools of
marxist propaganda.

cesspools... marxist... Gap in logic here? Dyslexia?

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 12:53 PM
link   

I agree with Moore on the idiot thing, .....

Well, from my stand point, you are proving his point.....

You KNOW Bush is not "badass", and "not a christian"?

How, pray tell, do you know these things? Are you sitting in the oval office? Are you a close relative?

Sorry, you don't "know" squat...your assume, presume, and pontificate....

Michael Moore-on seems to be right about you.....

I'm really starting to be amazed at the stupid crapolla people are starting to post on this board...it's as if it was taken over by a class room full of simpletons....

[edit on 10-9-2004 by Affirmative Reaction]

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
Someday, when you're all grown up, and you're an adult who has a job, pays taxes and is responsible for raising a family you will look back at this Marxist Propaganda that you are mistaking for an "Education" and be real ticked off that no teacher bothered to present an objective point of view while also teaching the necessary faculties to spawn critical thinking.

Yep. It's easy to swallow the lies when they represent everything you want to hear. Most of us old coots earned our conservative stripes by livng long enough to see the lies exposed.

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Amen grady, amen. you are correct. I am so glad that I have lived long enough to have seen America at it's best.

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Affirmative Reaction
Sorry, you don't "know" squat...your assume, presume, and pontificate...

I'm really starting to be amazed at the stupid crapolla people are starting to post on this board

[edit on 10-9-2004 by Affirmative Reaction]

Right back at ya!

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 07:13 PM
link   

How, pray tell, do you know these things? Are you sitting in the oval office? Are you a close relative?

I KNOW Bush is not a bad ass because stupid asses can't be bad asses, and I KNOW he is not a Christian because I have been forcefed the Bible all my life, and I KNOW that Bush acts nothing like a Christian, if anything he is Islamic, because he was quoted saying that his "God" told him to strike Afghanistan and Iraq, even though the Bible promotes forgiveness and peace, going to war for a God is GIHAD, and is far from Christianity.

And I have not been brainwashed in any way, shape, or form, I have looked at both sides, and have chosen the one without idiocy. You'll see in two months, the idiots will leave the White House and the world will be a better place.

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 07:53 PM
link   

I KNOW Bush is not a bad ass because stupid asses can't be bad asses, and I KNOW he is not a Christian because I have been forcefed the Bible all my life, and I KNOW that Bush acts nothing like a Christian, if anything he is Islamic, because he was quoted saying that his "God" told him to strike Afghanistan and Iraq, even though the Bible promotes forgiveness and peace, going to war for a God is GIHAD, and is far from Christianity.

And I have not been brainwashed in any way, shape, or form, I have looked at both sides, and have chosen the one without idiocy. You'll see in two months, the idiots will leave the White House and the world will be a better place.

Wow. I still don't understand how someone can "Act" christian. Or "Act" any religion for that matter. Please explain. I just can't get enough of your hilarious posts.

new topics

top topics

join