It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran produced and tested first nuclear fuel rod

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
So i just came across this article posted about 4 hours ago about Iran producing/testing first nuclear fuel rod.

Tehran: Iranian scientists have produced the nation's first nuclear fuel rod, a feat of engineering the West has doubted Tehran capable of, the country's nuclear agency said on Sunday.

The announcement marks another step in Tehran's efforts to achieve proficiency in the entire nuclear fuel cycle - from exploring uranium ore to producing nuclear fuel - despite UN sanctions and measures by the US and others to get it to halt aspects of its atomic work that could provide a possible pathway to weapons production.

Tehran has long said it is forced to seek a way to manufacture the fuel rods on its own, since the sanctions ban it from buying them on foreign markets. Nuclear fuel rods are tubes containing pellets of enriched uranium that provide fuel for nuclear reactors.

LINK

Tehran, Iran (CNN) -- Iran has succeeded in building and testing the country's first domestically produced nuclear fuel rod, the semi-official Fars news agency reported Sunday. The uranium fuel rod was tested successfully and installed in the core of a research reactor in Tehran, the news agency said, citing Iran's atomic energy agency website

LINK
now im just waiting to see how Obama is going to react to this situation.
anyone heard or read anything about it yet?

edit on 1-1-2012 by OUTofSTEPwithTHEworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by OUTofSTEPwithTHEworld

I haven't read through it yet to see what all they covered, but a thread was started up on this earlier today - Iran says it has produced it first nuclear fuel rod...

I'd imagine the usual suspects are going to make a big stink about it, and will be used to fuel the fire (no pun intended). Much ado about nothing, IMHO, as Iran is a NPT state and is legally entitled to pursue nuclear technology for peaceful purposes.

edit on 1/1/2012 by Praetorius because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I wonder how Obama feels about this. What's going through his mind right now. By the way, iran hasnt invaded anyone in hundreds of years.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I think Nuclear energy is a bad idea. Though I can understand them wanting to have the same level of technology as the country that have been over-throwing its democracy, supporting a dictator, and giving Iraq chemical weapons and money to kill their civilians does.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Why are they not keeping it a secret?
why tell ever one. and give US a reson to start a fight?

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

This has already been posted today, please follow link and place comments there.

new topics

top topics

join