It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge UFO Pyramid Incoming!

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus

Originally posted by OUNjahhryn
reply to post by miniatus

yeah its impossible to determine 3d heading from 2d image. but earth is left and its going left lol. and regardless of itf its coming to earth or not, its something, going somewhere, around us. Which in itself is highly strange.

Scale plays a big part in this too .. it could be a HUGE object but much much much farther out than it seems, or it could be a tiny object floating in front of the equipment by a few inches giving the impression it's something it isn't .. this is why I hate when people present such processed video... we could be looking at a piece of space debris no bigger than an inch and we couldn't know from this =)

At the rate of magnification of the space equipment, I would suggest that anything floating "a few inches" from the equipment would be heavily blurred.

from a photographer's perspective of focusing subjects anyway.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
I notice that the "object" enters the frame on the right at the same time Venus enters on the left (on the 26th). I notice that it travels from right to left at the same rate that Venus moves from left to right. I also notice that the axis of the "object" lines up with Venus across the center of the frame. I suspect that it is a lens flare type effect from Venus.

The images in the animation are "difference" images, created by combining two images at a time in order to accentuate the changes from one frame to the next. I'm having trouble getting to the SECCHI website to see the images which are used to create the difference frames but I think that they will show more clearly what is going on.

Thread finished.....

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by David291

In order to produce the same effect the orientation of Venus in the frame has to be the same. The trouble is, Venus is often very near the vertical center of the frame so the effect is hidden by the trapezoidal occulter. As it happens, Venus is now below the plane of the ecliptic so it appears below the midline of the frame and the flare (reflection) appears above it. In the image from 2007 it was also below the ecliptic when it was in the field of view.

Here's an example showing a different effect seen in STEREO A.

As in the current images, note that the line between Venus and the "object" crosses the center of the frame.

edit on 1/2/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   

reply to post by David291

In order to produce the same effect the orientation of Venus in the frame has to be the same. The trouble is, Venus is often very near the vertical center of the frame so the effect is hidden by the trapezoidal occulter. As it happens, Venus is now below the plane of the ecliptic so it appears below the midline of the frame and the flare (reflection) appears above it. In the image from 2007 it was also below the ecliptic when it was in the field of view.

Here's an example showing a different effect seen in STEREO A

So in plain and simple terms, what does that mean? Where seeing a perfectly normal anomaly? or w'ere seeing a UFO?

Sorry to sound dumb buddy its just when i read what you said, it might as well of been braille

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
There are many similar anomalies in the STEREO Ahead and Behind HI2 renderings throughout the historical imaging data available online. For example, the "gyroscope" looking object circled in the image below appears on the STEREO Ahead HI2 images, moving from right to left and getting progressively larger between 8/10/2007 and 8/28/2007. It looks even cooler than the Glorious Invading Pyramid.

Go to the STEREO movie maker at the NASA site and experiment for yourselves. Type in some dates, select a resolution of 512x512, and pick either of the HI2 renderings to watch some bogeys. Santa Claus is in there, too.

STEREO Movie Maker Link

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

If you consider internal reflections (also referred to as lens flare) as being an "anomaly", yes, perfectly normal.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Glargod

Originally posted by miniatus

Originally posted by OUNjahhryn
reply to post by miniatus

yeah its impossible to determine 3d heading from 2d image. but earth is left and its going left lol. and regardless of itf its coming to earth or not, its something, going somewhere, around us. Which in itself is highly strange.

Scale plays a big part in this too .. it could be a HUGE object but much much much farther out than it seems, or it could be a tiny object floating in front of the equipment by a few inches giving the impression it's something it isn't .. this is why I hate when people present such processed video... we could be looking at a piece of space debris no bigger than an inch and we couldn't know from this =)

At the rate of magnification of the space equipment, I would suggest that anything floating "a few inches" from the equipment would be heavily blurred.

from a photographer's perspective of focusing subjects anyway.

Good point. I'm embarrassed for having not thought of this, given my academic training.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   

reply to post by n00bUK

If you consider internal reflections (also referred to as lens flare) as being an "anomaly", yes, perfectly normal.

So, you can prove this to be an internal reflection?

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeolus1970

To reiterate for those who have been ignoring or not reading previous posts.

1) It appears at the same time Venus enters on the opposite side of the frame.
2) Its motion mirrors the motion of Venus
3) A line drawn between it and Venus crosses the center of the frame.
4) It appears in other images which include Venus in the proper orientation.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by InTheFlesh1980
There are many similar anomalies in the STEREO Ahead and Behind HI2 renderings throughout the historical imaging data available online. For example, the "gyroscope" looking object circled in the image below appears on the STEREO Ahead HI2 images, moving from right to left and getting progressively larger between 8/10/2007 and 8/28/2007. It looks even cooler than the Glorious Invading Pyramid.

Go to the STEREO movie maker at the NASA site and experiment for yourselves. Type in some dates, select a resolution of 512x512, and pick either of the HI2 renderings to watch some bogeys. Santa Claus is in there, too.

STEREO Movie Maker Link

"Bogeys". Interesting choice of wording, especially given the mocking manner in which you're presenting this (Glorious Invading Pyramid, Santa Claus). Riddle me this...if there were internal defects, debris, etc. contained within the camera bodies behind the lenses, then certainly they would show up repeatedly. And if they did show up repeatedly, they would certainly not shift shapes. Special emphasis on the original post, as the same defect tracks from right to left across the viewing field twice in four-plus years, in the very same location.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerDave007
Admittedly, I have not read through 19 pages of comments to see if what I am fixing to
say has already been Posted............. but; The Pyramid shaped object in the Stereo
B HI2 imagery has shown up before in the exact same spot.... August 20th, 2007.
stereo.gsfc.nasa.gov...
edit on 2-1-2012 by SeekerDave007 because: fix formatting

Where?? Can you insert the image? This should be rather interesting!

Thanks in advance

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

See here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
And note Venus on the left.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeolus1970
"Bogeys". Interesting choice of wording, especially given the mocking manner in which you're presenting this (Glorious Invading Pyramid, Santa Claus). Riddle me this...if there were internal defects, debris, etc. contained within the camera bodies behind the lenses, then certainly they would show up repeatedly. And if they did show up repeatedly, they would certainly not shift shapes. Special emphasis on the original post, as the same defect tracks from right to left across the viewing field twice in four-plus years, in the very same location.

No mocking intended, just trying to have a sense of humor about it. I guess that's my way of saying that I believe the anomaly in question is a genuine artifact of the lenses and construction of the telescope, or perhaps something in the image processing algorithms applied to the raw data.

I believe the correlation that Phage has made to the positioning of Venus in both the images from the past week and the similar images from 2007 is currently the most suitable scientific explanation. Occam's razor may apply here, but I've e-mailed some NASA folks to try and get a more "official" explanation... but don't hold your breath, they might get back to me in July.

My guess is that when the STEREO Behind imaging data gets updated, the "object" will behave precisely as it did in 2007. Like Phage said, it will continue to move to the left and get smaller until it disappears, and we will soon be on to other topics. Peace.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

To reiterate for those who have been ignoring or not reading previous posts.

1) It appears at the same time Venus enters on the opposite side of the frame.
2) Its motion mirrors the motion of Venus
3) A line drawn between it and Venus crosses the center of the frame.
4) It appears in other images which include Venus in the proper orientation.

All due respect, I've been reading your prior posts; matter of fact I've read the whole thread. A couple of times, actually. You've pointed up that the object mirrors the motion of Venus. Agreed, wholeheartedly. That still does not explain what exactly it is we're looking at.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by InTheFlesh1980

Originally posted by Aeolus1970

No mocking intended, just trying to have a sense of humor about it. I guess that's my way of saying that I believe the anomaly in question is a genuine artifact of the lenses and construction of the telescope, or perhaps something in the image processing algorithms applied to the raw data.

I believe the correlation that Phage has made to the positioning of Venus in both the images from the past week and the similar images from 2007 is currently the most suitable scientific explanation. Occam's razor may apply here, but I've e-mailed some NASA folks to try and get a more "official" explanation... but don't hold your breath, they might get back to me in July.

My guess is that when the STEREO Behind imaging data gets updated, the "object" will behave precisely as it did in 2007. Like Phage said, it will continue to move to the left and get smaller until it disappears, and we will soon be on to other topics. Peace.

Right on, and no offense intended on my part.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by captainnotsoobvious
reply to post by n00bUK

This thread is one of a million similar threads that simply makes ufo folks look stupid.

This like all the ELEnin threads will disappear into obscurity in a few days...

What the UFO forum needs is a moderator.

It also makes skeptics look silly when you are looking for the first possible thing to jump on to close the thread, in this case lens flare should work....ya let's all say lens flare....well must be lens flare, case closed nothing to see here!

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Coincidences then? Which happen repeatedly.
When all of the above factors are considered it's hard to not believe it is an optical effect.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Okay ladies and gentlemen, keep moving on, there is nothing to see here, please keep moving on....

On the other hand, anomalies are what science has the ace no matter what happens, not that i am saying that this isn't or is, but....one does need to remain skeptic when these so called anomalies begin to become extremely common occurrences within our region or should i say, field of view.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Thanks!

I am so unimpressed at this point. This is utter nonsense. And for me to say that and unequivocally agree with Phage then, I'm convinced there's nothing more to see or discuss here.

In fact, this thread should be turned over to the gidgets and gadgets (and how things work) geek squad if some of you really want to know what causes these glitches to appear on a satellite camera---- millions of miles away.

edit on 2-1-2012 by Human_Alien because: grammar

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Changing my mind to say, i agree that it is probably an optical effect in light of relation to bright object coming into frame simultaneously, but interesting that the flare is present in this unique shape. And, technically, it is still coming towards Earth!

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join