It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ranger shot, killed at Mount Rainier National Park (Park Closed Until Further Notice)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by asala

Wow, this just gets better, the mugshot looks like the arizona shooter. Got the scary, survivalist kook look about him, of course.

We probably will not know the real story here, but I do not feel the least bit that we are reading it now.

Keeping an eye on this mountain.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by SunnyDee
reply to post by Destinyone

Don't you think

He is military and survivalist trained. Read the article. She was shot on a traffic stop.

is rather suspicious, reading that this shooter is military and survivalist trained? I think those are the new trigger words to scare the public. We no longer worry about average shooters, they have to be military/survivalist trained.

That in itself out of the article, is what made me go, bullxxxx! It's like the shooter on the military base in Texas, he was islamic, of course.

Got to build the most plausible and "scary" story.

edit on 1-1-2012 by SunnyDee because: (no reason given)

It appears he was wanted for a previous shooting, and was on the run. He had guns, and body armor in his car.

I honestly think he's just a bad guy on the run. A lot of people loose it during the holiday season....

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Closed airspace: Someone with shooting experience and a high powered rifle with a scope or an assault weapon could do serious damage to a low flying news chopper.

THAT is likely why it is closed to them, especially since the suspect seems to have repeated his murderous behavior, seems to have been prepared for it, and will probably continue to do so until he is caught or killed.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by SunnyDee... those are the new trigger words to scare the public. We no longer worry about average shooters, they have to be military/survivalist trained. ... That in itself out of the article, is what made me go, bullxxxx!

Body Armor? The guns I can get, but Body Armor? That screams "I'm planning on getting shot at." It definitely demonizes the suspect.

prediction:
He will be described as wearing camoflage or partly camoflage. He will have had contact with a military recruiter, if he didn't make it to basic training and a formal induction
edit on 1-1-2012 by starviego because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Liquesence

Although this was some time ago and procedures and protocol may have changed since. However, this excerpt is from the Wikipedia page regarding the North Hollywood shoot out that occurred in 1997. Wikipedia Page

Television news helicopters responding to the "shots fired" LAPD dispatch arrived minutes later, and, despite being shot at by the gunmen, broadcast throughout. SWAT commanders used the live helicopter broadcasts to pass critical, time-sensitive information to the officers on the scene.

News helicopters were seemingly a great help and were shot at by more than one gunmen albeit I don't believe they had any formal military training. Nonetheless you would think that with such a wide grid to cover that the authorities would get all the help they could, even it is from news helicopters to not only help coordinate the ground search but also perhaps help find some of the "unaware" hikers that are supposedly all over the area.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by asala
Police ID Benjamin Colton Barnes as 'strong person of interest' in fatal shooting of a Mount Rainier Park ranger:

hosted.ap.org...

Oh my,

Looks like the name is an anagram for "Blast Rec Noon"

It may blow by Noon time, I recon. Everyone get out.....

Anyhow, This is an uncanny timing conscience. Hope that this is all it is.

Sirric

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by sirric

Also thought it sounded strange that it said her children are "approximately 2 and 4." That's not a usual way of wording something like that. Some sort of code maybe? Definately something to watch!

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by UberL33t
reply to post by Liquesence

Although this was some time ago and procedures and protocol may have changed since. However, this excerpt is from the Wikipedia page regarding the North Hollywood shoot out that occurred in 1997. Wikipedia Page

Television news helicopters responding to the "shots fired" LAPD dispatch arrived minutes later, and, despite being shot at by the gunmen, broadcast throughout. SWAT commanders used the live helicopter broadcasts to pass critical, time-sensitive information to the officers on the scene.

News helicopters were seemingly a great help and were shot at by more than one gunmen albeit I don't believe they had any formal military training. Nonetheless you would think that with such a wide grid to cover that the authorities would get all the help they could, even it is from news helicopters to not only help coordinate the ground search but also perhaps help find some of the "unaware" hikers that are supposedly all over the area.

The North Hollywood shooters, albeit determined, were reckless and brazen and were firing pretty indiscriminately at everything.

A calculated and well placed shot or shots by a focused and determined shooter (who has experience and training with weapons) with a clear and singularly intended target could take out the pilot(s) and/or disable the aircraft.

All i'm saying, for those who ask "i wonder why they closed the airspace," is that the likely reason for closure is because of the danger to them. Plus, the NH shootout was much different, and even as such the police needed those news eyes because of the situation, which was vastly different than this one.

But yeah, stuff (procedure AND public presentation) has changed A LOT since the late 90s.

ETA: The general closure is because he's a suspected killer, he's on the loose, the want to contain him (in such a large area, i know), and reduce the risk of the public being shot by him or the public mistaken FOR him by law enforcement. We know LE likes to shoot first ask questions later.
edit on 1-1-2012 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by sirric

And how about the 3 names, this story reeks of conspiracy.

Yeah, body armor is another word trigger.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Body armor equals a pack of condoms!
Swat teams can claim lawful kills,
if you try to protect yourself from STD's now.
So we have a young male with weapons,
and a pocket full of condoms, which also equals training.
Safe Sex became a weapon when you
don't die from it in an over populated world.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Which leads to the next question?
How come Rangers acting as Police do not get body armor?

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Or that she was going to spill the beans as to what was going down at Raineir and was shot to death by a department of the interior marshal, and so they used this as a cover to lock the entire thing down, so no one could get a peak

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   

I know this is a conspiracy site.......i get that..........

But seriously? Name anagrams? Picking apart the sentence "approximately 2 and 4" give me a break guys.....

Freaking out because of closed fly overs?

1. Why couldnt this just be this guys name.

2. What if the kids are 2 and a half, and 4, or what if he/she isnt quite 2?

3. Do you guys not recall the incident a while back where a military trained gunman with a rifle shot and killed a policeman from ground level who was above him in a helicopter? This happened in Alaska....

Two policeman in a chopper with ar15 were firing down at a man on a river bank, he managed to shoot and kill one of them before being taken down himself........

Some of yall just need to breathe.......before you start gettin all tin foil hattish on us lol
edit on 1-1-2012 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

I think the name anagram one was a joke, kind of like the word stifle is an anagram of itself.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I'm not sure if this is relevent or not, but I saw this thread eralier on ATS, but it's been deleted. Luckily Bing had a cached version to it.
It could very well be a coincidence, but When reading about this story, I kept thinking about this thread.
Especially ominous is the mention of weapons and body armor.
Here's a screenshot:

Is there any way the mods can look at an IP find out if the user "admiralmary" is in the state of washington?

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by DISINFORMANT

Considering their last post was at 1030 this mornig i doubt this is the same person...

Also i woudl be careful doing that, you could be in violation of T and C and risk post ban yourself for posting information on a thread that was taken down........they usually have a good reason for this

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
10:30 your time, 8:30 am my time here on the west coast..
What time did this event begin to unfold?

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   
according to this source:
peninsula daily news

The shooting happened just before 11 a.m. near the Longmire Ranger Station

This would have been 2 and a half hours after that user's last post.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by DISINFORMANT

im not sure the time stamps work like that on ATS.......

I still say the last post was after the incident...............

But perhaps the mods could clarify that gap

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   
You could be right, but I'm fairly certain that my profile has timezones configured properly. When I'm signed in and looking at admiralmary's posts list, hs/her last post was at 8:34 AM (that's my time zone, pacific). When you look at it, it says 10:34 AM (right?) because nashville's in the central time zone.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join