It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Masonic Hall - beauty

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Is this a real Masonic Hall? The one at the Lodge I will be attending seems to be a smaller version o fit. But this one is breathtaking.

Quite beautiful . . . .

www.geocities.com...

Don't worry about the website itself . . . . alot of drivel. I'm only interested in the photo.

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by LTD602
Is this a real Masonic Hall? The one at the Lodge I will be attending seems to be a smaller version o fit. But this one is breathtaking.

Quite beautiful . . . .

www.geocities.com...

Don't worry about the website itself . . . . alot of drivel. I'm only interested in the photo.

Kind of lame to my way of thinking-

take a pic off someone's web site THEN call the site drivel

What kind of logic is that?

*edit- note

Note: good to see you looking further into masonry

[edit on 10/9/2004 by PublicGadfly]

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 10:09 AM
link   
The pic is the only real thing of value, in my estimation.

Reptilian overlords, mind-control, etc. = drivel.

The photo is a photo, it could have been anywhere else.

Feel free, however, to post a detailed review of the website.

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I think ive seen this pic before, i think the Main Masonic library is kept there in London.The main one for the UK that is.

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Ive been to the grand lodge of NY on 23rd street in Manhattan and it looks very similar to that. So yes it does look like a grand lodge. Good luck with masonry.

aero

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Thanks, Aero.

The ceremonial room in the Lodge I'll be attending is also very elegant, though smaller. 18th century furniture, plush, beautiful carpeting, rich with symboilsm. Alot of blue involved.

It's all very well taken care of, too.

[edit on 10-9-2004 by LTD602]

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I can confirm this is a picture of the Grand Temple at Freemason's Hall in London.
My Lodge meets in this building - not in the Grand Temple I might add.

There used to be a photographic tour on the UGLE website but it's been removed.

Here's a link to a site that has some amateur photo's from the tour available to the public, including the exterior of the building.

www.boilerbill.freeuk.com...

Matt

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I can confirm as my Worthy Brother has said that is the main Hall at Great Queen street.

Most of the Provincal Grand Lodges in The Home Counties have their Annual Installation meeting there.

Bur I don't know if he will agree the best hall is the Egyptian Room at the other end of the building.

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Hello Brother Bill,
Strangely enough I was in the Egyptian room for the first time a month or so ago for an LOI.

I think I agree the Egyptian room is the best - clever use of lighting in the alcoves if I remember.
Lodge Room No.1 (I think) has quite an aura too, due to the portraits of past Grand Masters looking down on you.

Almost un-nerving enough to put me off my ritual.

Matt

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 06:56 AM
link   

top topics

join