It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missiles hit Bagram air base.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
www.legitgov.org...
www.defence.pk...

Interesting to see where this goes.

edit on 18/01/11 by aarys because: (no reason given)

[Mod Note -

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count. Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread. If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events, or important information from other sites; please post one or two paragraphs, a link to the entire story, AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

- A link and short quote if necessary

- A brief description

- YOUR thoughts, comments or opinion on the subject.]
edit on 1/1/2012 by Sauron because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Probably just the freedom fighters wanting their country back. I highly doubt much damage was caused as Afghanistan has no real military capability.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

www.presstv.ir...

edit on 18/01/11 by aarys because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by aarys

Are they trying to say these came from Iran?

Or is this just some more Taliban attacks?

Either way, that's what you get for meddling where you don't belong.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by aarys

Are they trying to say these came from Iran?

Or is this just some more Taliban attacks?

Either way, that's what you get for meddling where you don't belong.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Dont click those links you'll be on the watchlist!

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Taliban have claimed they fired the missiles. Who knows. They might say that Iran supplied the Taliban with the missiles. That might just justify a attack on Iran by the West.
This news has only just came out, so it could change.
So far we know that 9 missiles were fired. We dont know if they all hit there targets. Taliban are claiming many casaulties.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by aarys
Taliban are claiming many casaulties.

Yeah. Many Taliban were killed launching the re-rigged 60's Russian Katushya rockets.

LOL

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
If the USA is looking for an escuse to attack some country they can very well use this one to start a war.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by asen_y2k
If the USA is looking for an escuse to attack some country they can very well use this one to start a war.

My thoughts as well.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
arent missiles, rockets etc hitting bases daily? or semi daily?

.. just another day in the war on terror I thought!

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Why no mentions from Breaking News.com or anything other than these 2 links? Sitting on the fence with my opinion until I get more information.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Just another reason to get our boys and girls out of that place.
Let their warlords fight each other, we don't need our troops in between two dogs.
Bring our kids home.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Interesting commentary in the Washington Times just before Christmas, titled The coming war with Iran

www.washingtontimes.com...

The guards also are targeting four U.S. air bases in Afghanistan as the main launching pads for any attacks on Iran. The Bagram Air Base, home to most of the U.S. Air Force presence in Afghanistan, is just 450 miles from the Iranian borders and within range of all of Iran’s ballistic missiles. Other air bases in Afghanistan that would be attacked by the guards in case of war are in Kandahar, Shindand and Herat.

Whether this is indeed the Iranians targeting the US base, or a set-up leading to a planned US attack of Iran, the puzzle pieces seem to be lining up.

edit on 1/1/2012 by Open2Truth because: clarity malfunction

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
This has happened fairly often before...

Sept 11 2011 - Militants attack US Bagram Airfield in Parwan province

May 4 2011 - Bagram airbase comes under rocket strike

Mar 15 2010 Rocket attack kills 1 at Afghan NATO base

Aug 31 2011 Taliban attack Bagram base near Kabul

There are news reports of more attacks against the base out there too.. Its something that happens from time to time at that base. So, unless there was something special about this attack I doubt it will cause any greater escalation than the other attacks have..

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
My brother who is working in that base just called me up and informed me it was 2 or 3 mortars. Not missiles and everyone is ok. He was also surprised I knew about it so fast. Got to love ATS!
edit on 1/1/2012 by madmangunradio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by madmangunradio

Wow. Your brother works in Bagram. Thanks for the truth from your bro. Thats great news it was not missiles. No wonder most news sites are not saying anything. This just tells me again that Press tv news is mostly bull.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by aarys

Press.tv can kiss my *** Unbelievable BS. I'll take my brothers word over that garbage. He says it happens almost daily and they use mortars with ice so they can run away. Ice melts lets the mortar drop and pray to allah it hits something other than dirt.

BTW.. Star and flag aarys.
edit on 1/1/2012 by madmangunradio because: star and a flag

top topics

join