It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America, America, America

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
How do you like America so far?

Discuss why you love it or hate it.

Discuss its strengths and its weaknesses.

I don't like America becuase we have way too many B.S. laws piling up. Its weakness lies in jobs.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Living in Texas and i can honestly say I'm living the American dream I love it....but wouldn't hesitate to change all the corruption in America

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

America is in many ways, a fantastic place..full of great people and places.

~However, like anywhere else it has its fair share of problems and an even larger amount of d***heads.

For me the main problem is the institutionalized arrogance that permeates from its shores - all the chanting of USA! USA! etc has finally started to get on the collective nerves of the rest of the world.

Although, like many other places - people have a preconceived idea of what people are like based on the media portrayal of said country, and sadly when people think of america they think burgers, fat people, very fat people and ignorance to the workings of the rest of the world.

The media created this, perhaps it could undo it too?

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I would be so proud to salute to the american flag if it wasnt for all the corruption.

I am not american nor live there , but when i hear the american national anthem and remember its values and principals from before and when the flag meant something i get teary eyed sometimes

I wish the time can come when i can salute to that flag when tis value has been restored. It really is a beautiful country with some amazing values . But that has faded these days . All thats left is some stars stripes and empty values.

moments like these

edit on 1-1-2012 by yourboycal2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by discostu123

For me the main problem is the institutionalized arrogance that permeates from its shores - all the chanting of USA! USA! etc has finally started to get on the collective nerves of the rest of the world.

I totally agree with you.
Pete Seeger sang "Bring them home".
That has taken too long, the song probably now should be "the result of your actions will be brought home".
I feel the window of "Bringing them home, in time", will be closing soon.
If not in time, this time the results will probably not be a false flag operation.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Hey,
I'm going to state my absolute honest opinion here so please don't attack me for it. Also I'm not an American.
Looking at American history especially the struggle for independence etc, America had a great beginning. I especially love the statue of liberty as it lights they way for those unfortunates overseas and how it says give me your tired, your poor , your hungry,etc
In 2001 I along with many people in the world at that time mourned in wake of 9/11. However, today in 2012 as I look back at the decade past I can honestly say I am no longer a fan and I can see why so many people do hate America.
You have invaded peoples homes, killed their fathers, husbands, wives, and children. You have murdered well over 1 million people in the past decade and for absolutely no reason. You can't use 9/11 to justify the murder of over a million innocents.
You see Americans torture people in Abu Ghraib, Guantanamo, and the kill teams in Iraq and Afghanistan as they smile and take pictures.
This is why you have lost ALL respect from me and much of the world, in my honest opinion America will never return to what it once was. America needs to be buried and built over with a new country.
I don't care if you don't agree with me but this is my opinion that I have formed as a result of Americas wrongs in the past decade.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   
I am American

The worst thing I see in America is:
Large corrupt government working for corporations.

Business men who b***h if their employees take time off even when it’s earned time off. (work, work, work… got to keep them customers happy and earn that profit)

40,000 new laws going to effect in 2012, are you kidding me? Nope…

Being taxed for everything I buy, own, or drive and having almost half my check taken for Federal & State Taxes

Not being able to peacefully assemble anywhere with friends or anyone for that matter without being harassed by law enforcement.

All the tracking tricks companies use to bomb me with junk mail (including emails)

And allot more stuff that others may list here also…

top topics

join