It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Officer is Stabbed as 68 Occupy Protesters Arrested in NYC on New Year's

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
new years eve + intoxication + self entitled spoiled brats + misdirected anger @ establishment = what you guys saw last night.

what a way to ruin a good night in the city...

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

Originally posted by OUTofSTEPwithTHEworld
Happy new years copper! Lol

Im not feeling much sympathy for a cop having a" boo boo" now on his hand.

Im not a big fan of people getting stabbed or anything but, some people are just pissed the way some" coppers" acted with the protesters.

I'm curious if you personally know this "copper" and if so what had he done to deserve this? I'm disgusted of all the police brutality that we put with every day, not just at OWS. But finding happiness in this person's misfortune would be the same as a racist person being happy that someone of the race he dislikes getting stabbed.

You don't like cops?

So I guess if a cop gets stabbed he deserves it?

Please be aware I wasn't calling you a racist, I was only trying to find a comparable situation to help make my point.

Just because I disagree with you, please don't take any offense from my post.

see, im not looking at him as an individual, im looking at him as a whole, "coppers".
just like people are identifying the FOOL who stabbed him as a occupy wall street'er, i identify them.
do i like the cop?
i don't know the guy and i always try to like people by overcoming someones negativism with the positive things in them.
do i like cops?
hmmmm i don't think i like them too much. most of them are ignorant and on a power trip when standing behind their badges. if they actually did serve and protect the people, i would feel otherwise.

i actually didn't find happiness in the guys misfortune, just got over it fairly quick.

edit on 1-1-2012 by OUTofSTEPwithTHEworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Keep going on about protesting and making a change... nothing will change. To many keyboard warriors dont put actions to your words.

I know this doesnt apply to all of you guys.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vaxar
Keep going on about protesting and making a change... nothing will change. To many keyboard warriors dont put actions to your words.

Where exactly do you fall?

Action-less keyboard warrior? Or just naysayer?

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vaxar

I disagree, things are constantly changing, some for the good, some for the bad. So to say nothing will change is pure non sense.

Most people want change, but can't do anything about it because they're enslaved.

You're typing too. So you probably got bills to pay, including internet bill. You might be a slave and not even know it. I'm not saying you are. You could be a proactive person who does what needs to be done. I'm not trying to judge you.

We're all keyboard warriors in this information war.

Are you the anti-keyboard warrior?

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

For once I feel bad for the cops on this one.

That is not an uncommon reaction.
Here is a link that may help you to understand your condition.

link

These people are part of the machine that serves only to oppress us.
Sure, there may be a few good ones in the bunch.
There are good citizens in the bunch too.
Not all of us are bad apples, but that sure as hell doesn't stop them from treating us like it.
They have been cultivating an US and THEM mentality for decades now.

I have subscribed to this mentality too, out of necessity.

When you touch a hot stove......you get burned.

When your job is to oppress people.......

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

Before I respond, are you saying I have Stockholm Syndrome?

Please reply.

In fact, I think it's funny you say that. I have used that line on various OWS threads. You're using my lines bro, if I can find a good lawyer I might have a case.

Sounds like you might need to check my post history turbo

Here is an example of me explaining Stockholm Syndrome on an OWS thread:

Link
edit on 1-1-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
A couple of years / months down the road they will get pulled over or something and wonder why they are going to jail for again only to remember how funny it was not to pay their fines after they were released. Then with a college degree and they get upset because of background checks that they now cannot pass to get a job and they will blame someone else just like they have for the first 25 years of their life

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Well, I am glad you recognise what is happening.
I have ZERO sympathy or compassion for my oppressors!!!!

I do not necessarily think that what these protesters are doing is the most productive way to handle this
situation right now but hey,......whatever happens happens. You won't see me shed a tear for these pigs that's for sure. If one gets stabbed then so be it. YES YES YES I KNOW that they have family too. Just like the people they are mercilessly beating have families.

WHEN one of these pigs gets shot and killed I'm not going to lose a minutes sleep over it are you??

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

And it's that kind of worldview that allows things to stay the way they are. As long as there is this "us vs. them" mentality things will stay the same. It doesn't matter if the power changes hands. There's still going to be the powerful and the powerless. What we need to start realizing is that there is only Us. We are all human. That police officer is just like you. What would you reaction be if you got stabbed and then everyone started telling you that you deserved it?

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

WHEN one of these pigs gets shot and killed I'm not going to lose a minutes sleep over it are you??

I'm an insomniac, so if I lose a minutes sleep it won't be over that. However, as crooked as a lot of cops are there are ones that run into burning cars to rescue old ladies, save mothers and daughters from being raped, rescue you from a kidnapper.

I know these aren't the incidents we hear about, since with current day law enforcement the bad cops far out weigh the good ones, in my opinion. But, when I hear of a cop being shot dead on a routine traffic stop or another response, I do feel a moment of compassion and move on.

It appears that you have the wrong idea about me, not that I care, but I am probably more against the oppressors than you are. But I will not let my dislike of the corrupt allow me to stoop to their level. Once you stoop to their level, you're just as bad as they are.

I want these thugs gone just as much as you do.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Probably a plant.

If they encourage undercover cops to have sex with protesters than they could plant someone to stab a cop in the hand.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   

These drunken fools make the 99% look retarded.

How do you know they were drunken?

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

I dislike and distrust law enforcement just as much as a next man, but honestly that goes no deeper than the badge. I can't hate the people, because I know they're brainwashed, conditioned, and controlled.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Ahh the old "all cops are bad "crap, by the same logic all the ows protesters are scumbags as well. So many of you ows fools keep on harping about the bad apple not representing your movement, that the irony of you lumping all cops as bad guys is lost on you. That perfect little society you imagine has those in it who feel that not all of you are equal in it. Remember you reap what you sow.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romanian

These drunken fools make the 99% look retarded.

How do you know they were drunken?

I saw pictures of protesters in another article drinking out of plastic keg cups, and it's New Years Eve, and their behavior fits the description of intoxicated people.

But hey, I can't prove they were drunk, but perhaps the public intoxication charges may indicate their drunkenness, thanks for calling me out on such a trivial matter though

I will try to find those articles that mention the drunken protesters just for good measure.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by hangedman13

Why do we live in an age of humans calling other humans (whom they've NEVER met, and the only "crime" they committed was doing something OTHER than what you're doing) scumbags? I've heard every name in the book come our way and it baffles me. Nobody did anything to you, yet you wanna call them scum? Do you know these peoples REAL names that their parents gave them, while you call them scum and fools??

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Did anyone witness the alleged attack on the officer? I think before we shoot the oppressors or mace the protesters, we should determine if this isn't just a case of running with scissors.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I love stories about cops getting killed. Sadly this wasn't one of them. Good try though. Should aim for the heart next time.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by strato
I love stories about cops getting killed. Sadly this wasn't one of them. Good try though. Should aim for the heart next time.

If a friend or family member of yours decided to become a cop, would you wish death upon them?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join