It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If You Dont Want Freedom, Then What Is It You Want?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I read these threads and it seems half of the people in here are for freedom and the other half are for "DON'T KNOW"
I think they just want to argue points, because they have no clue which side of the fence they truly belong.

Most of us have been on the planet long enough to have witnessed many changes in our laws, and really nothing the government has done for us has truly benefit, if anything enabled us and forced us to sit down so they can slop feed us like pigs for the slaughter.

why is it that you people cant see the writing on the wall and wake up, are you so entirely brainwashed that you cant make rational intelligent decisions about freedom, or is it you need to have the government babysit you and read you happy bedtime stories while they fondle you to sleep till death do you part???

Obama's a wanna be Dictator
Ron Paul is a threat to the ESTABLISHMENT
The rest are "Well Wishers" and have every intention of Following the Status Quo, so they can get that $300,000,000 book and speech deal and payback for the great job they did wrecking the rest of our freedom and the Constitution,all in the name of safety and security........Their Safety and Security

So whats it gonna be? What Is It You Want? Freedom Or Safety?

You better make the right choice, because if you don't, you have no one to blame but yourself , this is the last call for alcohol, and once that doors closed you're out

edit on 1-1-2012 by sweetnlow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Don't ask them to wake up from their government induced comas. Reality is far too painful. Happy New Year, drink another shot.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by sweetnlow

what is it that you want to do that you are not free to do?

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Well on one side ultimate security will kill you eventually, in a world of differing opinions.
On the other side ultimate freedom might get you killed, in a world of differing opinions.
So I seek freedom, with like minded individuals.
I think that is what the forefathers had in mind.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
R u aiming at a certain individual or Americans in general?..some of us dont want to end up in guantanamo bay...

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
It aint about ''freedom'' or ''security''.

Its about Right and Wrong! Good and Evil.
Security and Freedom are just neat little boxes into which they always try and place any given situation. Just little words.

The the question, imo, should rather be; Do you want to attain 'freedom and secrity' through evil or good means.

Put this way and the answer shall always be the latter and they simply HATE that.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
From my perspective in SA: I'd like a Boer/Afrikaner homeland that is connected to Orania and the sea, or a viable harbor.

I'd like there to be a liberal town with a bit of a nightlife, and more conservative areas in that imagined homeland.

I'd like strict border controls on that homeland, and apart from that the other tribes can have the fertile eastern coast of SA, and even the gold-fields.

At least freedom for me would be pursuing my life, without having the guilt and unfed masses of children thrust in my face daily, as if I was responsible for Africa, or had some magical "white man's burden" for the stuff-up they've made since independence.

I want the freedom to be apart with my own people.
edit on 1-1-2012 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
As we should all know by heart and completely understand, our forefathers gave us all the necessary tools to preserve our freedoms and help in our security, with all the warnings and guidelines attached like instructions to a really fun but dangerous toy, and they didn't even have to use rocket science for this

Pretty Self Explanatory
You know, "The Constitution" You should read the instructions sometime, its quite revealing and liberating

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Politics is like the paper currency we all share ,,,its fiat ...no need to be embroiled into a scam because its too confusing and is easily distracted from the topic at hand ...Who,What,When,Where,.Why and Who is the only Way we can set ourselves to understanding most issues ...Grammar Logic and Rhetoric is our friend...Most of our misgivings come from failure to apply these most important steps ....I have read many confusing statements that only makes sense when I consider the person not using these tools to get a picture that can make any sense at all ...best for 2012 for all and may we all speak the same language ...peace

one of the best sites I have found to set me in the proper context is tragedyandhope.com...

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Yes I want freedom.
Freedom to make my own choice, not bombarded with "You are not for freedom" if you don't vote for Ron Paul. The sheer audacity of it disgusts people to their very cores.
A direct assault on peoples freedom of choice by telling them they are not for freedom if they take a course of action is insulting and extremely agrivating.
As for bold typeing Estabishment, you can't get any more establishment than being a career poliitician spanning four decades.
I have Freedom to say NO to Ron Paul, and so do you.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by TinfoilTP

Then you've basically decided against freedom by that choice, because at this stage of the game there is no other choice.
You are either for the constitution or against it

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by sweetnlow

Then you've basically decided against freedom by that choice, because at this stage of the game there is no other choice.
You are either for the constitution or against it

You are doing a good job to get people not to vote for him, continue your hard work.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   

No, i think the people who are aware of the circumstances if they don't vote for him are already onboard, its just the other half that have no clue where they are that need to be brought up to speed.

you might as well jump on board, there is no one else this election cycle to vote for but Ron Paul, but you just need to vote your conscience and keep to yourself

top topics

join