It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Like Charleton Heston in Planet of The Apes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I woke up this morning with the odd feeling that, as rough as 2011 was for a great many, people will feel nostalgic for it in the years to come. I settled in front of the computer, and to my chagrin read that President Traitor had signed the NDAA (National Defense Authorization Act) into law last night, on New Year's Eve, when the vast majority of Americans and the world were celebrating New Year's Eve with substance abuse and debauchery.

I read it on Natural News: www.naturalnews.com...

I felt a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach and had a flashback to the 1968 movie Planet of The Apes, in which Charleton Heston as Taylor finds that the strange, freakish planet he found himself on was actually his own. Dropping to his knees in the surf at the sight of a destroyed Statue of Liberty, he mutters that he has been home the whole time, and then screams those famous words: "You MANICS! You blew it up! God damn you all TO HELL!"

In my mind, I have dropped to my knees in front of the White House. Oh, I know the main occupant isn't home. He's in Hawaii, enjoying a fabulous tropical holiday at the expense of our tax dollars. Yet I am there, full of righteous anger, screaming at the top of my lungs "WHY? You MANIC! You, with a stroke of your pen, BLEW IT UP!" I pull up the grass with my fists, exposing the dirt that was trod upon by some of the greatest political thinkers and humanitarians the world has ever had the privilege to have upon it.

It is a fait accompli now. A done deal. The two most important documents in the history of this country are now rendered null and void. The founding fathers look down with disgust and turn their faces from us. As Thomas Jefferson warned, we are the children who have found ourselves homeless on the land our forefathers conquered.

Oh, I know some of you are thinking that this is all fear-mongering and hysterics, that this NDAA will not be used against innocent Americans, and everything will be just fine. You have plans to watch the football games, to spend time with friends and family, and think that people such as myself are Chicken Littles who spend their time in abject fear, screaming THE SKY IS FALLING when everything is as it always was.

You are like sheep, imagining you have the great open pastures to graze upon, and did not notice the wolves in sheep's clothing encircling us all, erecting electric barbed-wire fencing. It has happened so quietly and with so little fanfare that you failed to notice. You laughed at those of us who tried to warn you.

Now here we are, on January 1, 2012. The world will not end this year, but America will. The final obstacle was the ability of Americans to stand up and speak the truth, without fear of reprisal. That was blown up last night, not with a bomb, but with a signature. A sweep of the hand, and we now have lost our ability to speak out against the evil we see coming. Watch as people who dare to speak out are suddenly branded as "terrorists" and "enemy combatants", and disappear into the night. We'll be told on the news that they were dangerous, fed a lot of nonsense about their ability to hurt others or perhaps a manifesto they supposedly wrote will be put on the web as "evidence" of their plans to do evil, and we will never see them again.

But, before it gets really bad, look for a war. A miserable, useless war which drags the whole world down, but makes a few bankers and contractors very, very rich. War will make the NDAA suddenly legitimate and necessary. Every miserable totalitarian regime rises from the hell fires they created, and people cower and obey.

When we're together in a FEMA camp somewhere, under some flimsy pretext, and I lock eyes with you, I will either lunge over and slap you upside the head, or walk over and pat your hand in pity. What will it matter then anyway? Quickly, say a prayer with me, before that big gorilla of a guard knocks us both on the head with the butt of his rifle, and informs us gruffly that religious observation is not allowed in a government facility.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

*maniac(s)

They've been wrecking the founding ideals of this nation for...well, pretty much since it began. It's just moving much faster now (I wonder if they're finally turning the heat up quick enough for the frog to jump out?).

We'll just have to see what's enough of a slap in the face for people to pay attention - but I think we'll have to wait for an even more obvious kick to the face. It seems like they know that what they're doing will result in bigger problems, so all of this unpleasant legislation should definitely be a warning sign people pay attention to.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius

Yes, you're right. Things are speeding up now. I feel the boiling water, but I'm not jumping out....yet! I guess I'm one of those stubborn types.

new topics

join