It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indian Man Dies After Penis Allegedly Bitten Off By Rats

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
This is absolutely horrible!

He must have been in such agony.

This happened in Kolkata (formerly Calcutta)

Arun Sandhukha, 53, had been a pneumonia patient at SSKM Hospital in Kolkata (formerly Calcutta) since December 11. According to the newspaper, his family members arrived at the hospital for a visit and found him in a pool of blood, with no medical staff in sight. "No nurse was found at the scene and he was writhing in pain. His penis had been nibbled by rats," a victim's relative identified as Bishwanath said. The relative said that hospital staff "admitted the presence of rats in the hospital." Later in the day, Sandhukha was pronounced dead.

www.huffingtonpost.com...enis-bitten-off-by-rats_n_1177031.html

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
[snip]

Poor nursing staff if you ask me.
When i was doing my internship at a convalescent home a patient came in with a pressure soar (decubitus ulcer) caused by prolonged pressure on the left side of his face. (That's why patients are suppose to be repositioned every 2 hours) the patient had a gauze that hadn't been changed in about 2 weeks, i was the nurse assigned to do a gauze change. When i removed the gauze...what do i find? MAGGOTS! Ahhhhhhhhh
edit on 1-1-2012 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
i sure hope the health care system in the US doesn't turn into this type of situation. with the economy and country going down the tubes. The thought of that makes me cringe in pain. nothing in this world do i hate more than Mice and Rats.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by OUTofSTEPwithTHEworld

My god man , please tell me thats not a true story . I do not know how i would've reacted in such a siutation . I think i would've quit my job if i was you lmfo , did you have to change it ? Did the patient not complain of things moving about in his read end? How come nobody changed it in two weeks.

as for the op . Rats biting off a mans mini general , i am loss of words . That poor man , those damn rats!

no more milk for them!

"And in a tragedy that made international headlines, 89 people were killed when a fire swept through a Kolkata hospital on December 9. Medical staff abandoned patients as the blaze spread, and six administrators were charged with culpable homicide"

Wow , screw getting sick in an indian hospital!

edit on 1-1-2012 by yourboycal2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by yourboycal2

Yes this story true. He was being admitted into a new facility because the one he was in before was closed because of a lawsuit againt them. I don't know why the lawsuit but now i have a good idea why it might have been shut down.
Yes i still changed the gauze, i have to remain professional. My instructor and i just looked at each other like" ohhhh man".
Well it wasn't a job, i was a student. I would have quit if the course hadn't cost me $21,000.

Edit. No the patient was like a" vegetable" now. I don't remember he's diagnosis or anything but he was on a respirator, imobile, contracted, unresponsive, gastrointestinal tube in place, foley catheter...
other words, he was just there to die.
He would smile here and there when i would walk in the room singing but, most of the time he was" gone".
edit on 1-1-2012 by OUTofSTEPwithTHEworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Why did I even click on the damn thread!

The title says enough!

Please, Please don't anyone post any pictures!

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   

All i know is those nurses don't get paid enough .

He was just there to die , man what a terrible way to end the final years of your life .

Dr.Kavorkian would've helped him !

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

but you do realise that the maggots would only eat the dead or infected flesh
so the maggots were really helping him

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by tom.farnhill

but you do realise that the maggots would only eat the dead or infected flesh
so the maggots were really helping him

Yes you're actually right but, i wouldn't like maggots eating my flesh, the feeling of 50 maggots eating your flesh is....unpleasant. just by looking at maggots from a few feet away makes me wanna run away. Ahhh

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Ewwwwww, he must of had some fetish or something that went very wrong. Did I say ewww?

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Dang now mine hurts.

new topics

top topics

join