It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Karma is always instant.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
It isn't even the same thing you've done that comes back to you. Actions have effect on yourself. Karma isn't a circle. That would end to be a utopia!

Karma is a judgement. On what should we be judged?

Life is truth. Honour life. Nothing of this world is life. Life resonates with our bodies.

You were always right! We need a teaching. IF the teaching is that there is karma, what else do we need to know? Let truth be the teaching. Let the teaching be life! Let life fill my world.

I often get the impression that all I ever do is praying. Asking God is praying. What is it that you ask? The mind is there for control. As a kid you were mindless and you were alright. Suddenly you ended up living in a balloon to deal with things you didn't understand. Do you.. lose your mind? The mind is suffering and confusion. That which is set straight in the mind is gone. Maybe you don't need to lose your mind. Is the mind always there?

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
If the mind is mastered it isn't always there.A space is created between the mind and what can not be contextualized. Then the mind is picked up when needed. To be at this awareness karma is no more a concern
. There is no "you" to be reactive to it.
edit on 1-1-2012 by biggmoneyme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Nicola Tesla once said that to understand electricity is to understand the world. This is very true in that life, people, actons, karma, the universe all act upon the same laws as electricity. The universe and the spirit functions in a way that it travels along the path of least resistance. The universe deals with all events in the most efficiant manner. The universe, GOD, sees every angle, the future, and the past at once, it has a concept that we cannot percieve in our spyche. An event ment to cause the greatest growth in the largest area possible is usually an event that we do not understand for we are unable to see all the tendrals that spread out in time from this one event. Karma, the flow of the universe, will take us on the right path as long as we let go and allow it to guide us. The best way to decide what is the best action when action is necessary, is to follow the heart. The mind changes from moment to moment, but, the heart never faulters.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by etherical waterwave

Karma is a judgement. On what should we be judged?

To me, Karma is merely coincidence or a vague description of luck and fortune.

"On what should we be judged?" You can judge yourself on whatever you please. Judged by others? They can judge you on whatever they please.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I don't believe in karma. If there was such a thing, how do account for the success of people like Dick Cheney or Don Rumsfeld, just to name a few?

I can't believe that there is some score keeper in the sky, registering karma points for free mileage on some karma credit card. With my luck, I'd get a free karma flight on a plane that is destine to crash!

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Karma is not necessarily instantaneous. Why would you think that's so? Do you understand the flow of energy, the ways of time? If not, then you cannot say such a thing. In any case, karma is not judgment. That is the domain of the ego. Compassion does not judge, it understands. It is patient. Karma is what happens as a result of many, many things. It's not just a one-off event. It may appear to be instantaneous sometimes, but believe me, it's the sum of much.

Someone up there said something about coincidence. Should anything appear to be "coincidence" or "random", be be very sure it's anything but. You just don't see the bigger picture.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Thank you all for your replies, people!

Do we all agree karma is a judgement? They cannot judge me cause there ain't something about me that can be judged! 'Your hair is long' is just an observation. You can't judge life cause truth is life. Life judges you! You just judged yourself. There is no judgement. At all.

We, the judges of the earth! You've been judged by no judgement! All will come to itself. Let's put the car in neutral! Immense joy!!

You didn't see that coming is the joy we all experience!

I am a happy man.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Karma is not always instant, thats silly.

Based on what I have seen, bad karma always returns in a FREAKISHLY similar fashion and manner as the errors of ones ways. No matter how small or seemingly insignificant of ones errors may have been, the bad karma always comes back several times worst as well based on what I have seen.

There is a lot of SOB's in the world who have some HORRIBLE karma awaiting them one day. I would NOT wish to be them, EVER. But they need it, so I say HOORAY!!!!!

Hooray for karma. It is VERY REAL.

edit on 1-1-2012 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Can you feel it? Our G, G, generation!

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Case in point, my dear friend, to say that Karma is instantaneous is as egoistic as one should expect "immediate reward" from one's good deed.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Joki42
Nicola Tesla once said that to understand electricity is to understand the world. This is very true in that life, people, actons, karma, the universe all act upon the same laws as electricity. The universe and the spirit functions in a way that it travels along the path of least resistance. The universe deals with all events in the most efficiant manner. The universe, GOD, sees every angle, the future, and the past at once, it has a concept that we cannot percieve in our spyche. An event ment to cause the greatest growth in the largest area possible is usually an event that we do not understand for we are unable to see all the tendrals that spread out in time from this one event. Karma, the flow of the universe, will take us on the right path as long as we let go and allow it to guide us. The best way to decide what is the best action when action is necessary, is to follow the heart. The mind changes from moment to moment, but, the heart never faulters.

LOL I love when people do this. They take something someone intelligent said then mix it with pseudoscience and try to create something new that is supposed to be logical and scientific...

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
To invoke the cliché: Reality is an illusion created by the mind.

Everything in life... people, circumstances, events, karmic rewards they are all perfect reflections of your consciousness, whether you are aware of it or not.

Therefore, nothing you experience in life is not instantaneous. There is no future, there is no past. There is only the present, undescribable, abstract present moment.

Prayers, meditation, will-power, lawful attraction, spells, sigils, anything that manifests something into your reality is just a means of convincing the doubts within your subconscious that something will be created and in turn your mind creates it.

Karma is just a word to describe this process. You dwell on negativity, you will create negativity. There is no judgement. It is merely what you create for yourself, even if you create judgement.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   

You were always right! We need a teaching.

Haha, what? if i was always right what would i possibly need to be taught?

Hmmm, why is karma instant? I can think of many examples where i could to a bad deed with zero instant repercussions. Would u mind elaborating..

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword
I don't believe in karma. If there was such a thing, how do account for the success of people like Dick Cheney or Don Rumsfeld, just to name a few?

I can't believe that there is some score keeper in the sky, registering karma points for free mileage on some karma credit card. With my luck, I'd get a free karma flight on a plane that is destine to crash!

You get more choice in your next lesson the better you karma is. Sometimes we need bad people to react that this is not ok. It seems something is telling us that our societies are not working and that we should change it, but we humans are not listening as usual since it haven't changed dramaticly yeet. We are still waking up a few people. It is probably gonna get much worse before it gets better. I will enjoy the show and follow my heart.

For the op. Sorry Karma is not instant. Karma is all about evolution and cannot be understood without it. Life changes your mind/perception/body the longer you live. Your mind evolve, your spirit evolve, soceity evolves.
Karma is used to messure how far you have come on your journey. Some people who do wrong things and learn from it and will never do those things again and are trying to set everything right.

The world have to have been what it was, to be what it is now. The world have to be exactly like it is now, to be what it will be in the future. Be the change. Namaste

Namaste

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Thus, I include my account of an event yesterday: I completely disagree on that assessment ,and I can provide a strong case why it is not true or at least it wasn't for me.
Just yesterday in the morning I used my pellet rifle to take a long range shot at a crow. The pellet probably didn't even travel the distance, but my intent was to simple harass the crows and get them to fly away. I wondered later if I should have gone to the trouble to cause them "trouble."

In the afternoon I was at work fixing my lawn mower. I had the airclean off and my hand was at the opening of the carb. SPLAT! A passing bird dropped an inflight crap that hit my hand and ricocheted down into the carb. This caused me more work (and made me think about my earlier action).

The point of this sad but true tale is that karma in this instance wasn't instant.
edit on 1-1-2012 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-1-2012 by Aliensun because: Major errors in getting this out.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
BTW, even the reason why you were born is the result of karma from your past life. Here, you have one set of karmatic force working on you since you were born. And you wonder how much karma you can accumulate from your day to day life style... In the over all scheme of things, they may mean little in balancing your original karma or past life karma.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

No, actually that was pretty instantaneous. Even months or years later is still an instant when talking about karma. Karma spans multiple lifetimes and eons. However, karma is the result of the *intent* behind thoughts and actions, not so much with the actions themselves. This is a fundamental of all spiritual matters. If you do something with a malevolent or even slightly unpleasant intent and for whatever reason it turns out well for all parties, your intent is what is registered with karma. In the same manner, if you do something with the intent that it's a really good and nice thing that goes entirely south in the execution, you will only register the intent, not the result. Intent is everything. Remember that.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Are the akashic records the place where all intents are stored?

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   
I don't think Karma exists by "your" definition of it.

But i'm not Hindu.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join