It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many of the Arab people wearing pigs skin and they don't know.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
If Muslim religion do not allow to eat pork meat,the question is if they are allowed to wear jackets, handbags or footwear made of pig skin?Personally I don't know how to answer to such question,except that the vast majority of the leather articles now days are made of pig skin.

If religion say something about that either I don't know...

TextQibla > Answers > Important: Are you wearing pig skin?� Question ID:2075 Date Published: July 05, 2005 Important: Are you wearing pig skin?� Answered by Shaykh Abdurrahman ibn Yusuf Mangera Question: I bought few days ago a leather jacket made in China. Now while I was wearing it one brother told me that it was made of pig leather. Now I want to know 1) What shall I do if some body says it is made of pig and there is no way to find it out if it is true? 2) If it is really pig stuff then what is the Sharia says about it. Answer: Assalamu alaykum In the name of Allah the Gracious the Merciful. 1. You must determine whether the garment is made of pigskin or not. If one person does not know then ask someone who works in a leather store. 2.If you cannot be sure then it would still be better to abstain from wearing it since the Sharia has considered it essentially impure [najis al-'ayn] and cannot be purified in any way. The following may help to determine whether it is of pigskin. However, consult an expert in a leather store if still in doubt. And Allah knows best. Abdurrahman Ibn Yusuf Are You Wearing Pigskin Leather? It is amazing that many Muslims do not know if they are actually wearing a leather jacket or a shoe or carrying a purse or any other leather product that is made of pigskin. At many occasions I have pointed it out to folks about it. Many have listened and many have not, I keep seeing them wearing those again and again. Imagine how many mosques, centers and other holy places they may have made NAJAS. Their prayers may not have been accepted. Do you think you are one of them or will you be one on them? Here are some tips to find what a pigskin is, what it looks like and where it is used? Where it is Used? General Leather Products:Heavily used in Chinese and other developing or under-developing countries. Shoes & Joggers:Full Leather suede looking Shoes or inner linings. Jackets:Full Leather suede looking knee long and waist long full sleeve or sleeveless jackets. Purses:Women and men purses. Full leather or linings. Brief Cases:Men and Women leather brief cases, usually inner linings are pigskins. But look out for rest of the leather.
source(qa.sunnipath.com...

Can you give an answer to this question?

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
That is a good point to ponder...

I suppose fried pork rinds are out of the question.....

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowalker
That is a good point to ponder...

I suppose fried pork rinds are out of the question.....
I don't know if fried pork it's out of the question...

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
As evidenced by your OP, it is definitely frowned upon (when it is considered).

But the real question is, how many of them really follow all of these rules?

Not a Majority I am willing to bet, I speculate that in all religion's, most follower's will break at least one rule regularly, and if your breaking one or two, "Almighty God" knows about it, and you might as well be breaking them all

I saw a post on ATS recently, that explained the posters father owned/worked in a automobile auction house,
and the Jewish clientèle always partook in the bacon buttie's.

I know personally many Muslims who drink alcohol,

And Christian's spend their whole lives confessing to sins

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
There is an exception to every rule...

As most muslims that I have met do not consume pork. However it is misunderstood here in the states mainly due to the slanted media perspective.

Muslims come in all shapes and sizes much like christians. There are sects that are much more strict to the law and others that are not. IMO, it is the difference of the individual's free interpretation vs. broad "law" of the religon that is the exception.

Its funny, I know christians that have converted to Islam and muslims that have converted to christianity and when you ask them "why?"

Its always because they didnt agree with certain aspects of the religon... so who is correct?

Religon can't be practiced objectively, therefore your relationship with god will always be personal.

So what's the point of the middle man? Religon, we have to remember, is the middle man and law is THEIR word.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ImmortalThought

so who is correct
Muslim religion has always been more strict, from all points of view.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith

ehhh, maybe. It really matters how you define strict.

Off the top of my head spanish inquisition and crusades where both times christianity was more "strict"

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

spanish inquisition and crusades
Meanwhile have passed some hundreds of years... in some places ... in some places no...

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith

christianity has also been around longer.

but all religons have ties to paganism, which was before all abrahamic religons. So who really knows how long these same beliefs have led to fueds or the lack there of.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   

So who really knows how long these same beliefs have led to fueds or the lack there of.
Yes that is a good question, but the role of the evil will always be to deceive the truth.

new topics

top topics

join