Why I will NOT vote for Ron Paul

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Zanti Misfit

Would you like to respond to the 3 positions I listed in my reason for not voting for him?

Are you against OSHA?

Do you want to eliminate the minimum wage?

Do you think we should eliminate the EPA?

link   
reply to post by Zanti Misfit

Man that's beautiful, those creatures just get to me.

link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

It is the exact same as the minimum wage. Most states it is higher than the federal, in no states is it lower. The only reason to lower the federal minimum wage is so some states may lower theirs which just flies in the face of the idea that giving the states the power will make it better because without federal control, they will raise it when the reality is they can raise it all they want now, just not lower it.

Exact same argument but it seems to have really fooled them.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Algernonsmouse

" The OP has not, in your opinion, made his case for his own opinion well enough to you? Are you people serious? Holy crap. Can I not like pink if I do not make an argument for pink that qualifies as convincing to you? So now, people need to prove why they do not want to vote for Ron Paul. "

Do you care to Express here then your Personal thoughts on Why you Might Think Ron Paul would not be a Logical Choice of being our next President based soley on his well Defined Platform Policies ? Choosing a President to Run a Goverment is in no way Comparable to a Personal Choice of Colors .
edit on 1-1-2012 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by openminded2011

Yes .
Yes.
Yes.

There you are .

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zanti Misfit

Do you care to Express here then your Personal thoughts on Why you Might Think Ron Paul would not be a Logical Choice of being our next President based soley on his well Defined Platform Policies ?

I sure do care to express those things and you know what, that is exactly why I did that.
All you have to do is read my posts in this thread. If you have any specific questions then please feel free. If you are going to tell me I did not convince you why my opinion is my opinion, save it.

Choosing a President to Run a Goverment is in no way Comparable to a Personal Choice of Colors .
edit on 1-1-2012 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

Personal choices are personal choices and none ever need be justified to anyone else. You have no right to tell anyone they have not made a case for their own opinion.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaDe_

Originally posted by openminded2011
reply to post by PhoenixDown

I will NOT vote if I don't have a good choice, to vote for the lesser of the evils is to still vote for evil. I don't plan to vote for Obama either.

Then why even posting this misleading title? Why even bother making a thread at all? Why not edit your title to reflect your true feelings instead of being an obvious troll looking for attention? Your title should reflect your true stance and should read "I will not be voting at all", or "I will not be voting for any establishment representatives".

Instead of making this just about the fact you will not vote for Ron Paul why not include all the others as well? Troll threads like this should be removed because I am sure there are some threads with this title already.

Quoting this for instant replay value.

Ron Paul is obviously a hot topic on ATS, so making a thread to let everyone know why you won't or will vote for him is understandable, but then going and saying you won't vote for anyone anyway, its just futile and more likely an attempt to avoid criticism.

It really doesn't matter who is elected, the American people will find something to complain about it, every president is going to get attacked for policies, especially with our divided media put in place to encourage ideological conflict. Ron Paul is the only candidate that has really cared to educate the people on our history, constitution and the rights we were intended to have!

The reality is, majority of public opinion is hesitant towards revolutionary like change (from comfort zone), it is frankly less predictable and by that effect, frightening for many.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by juveous

The reality is, majority of public opinion is hesitant towards revolutionary like change (from comfort zone), it is frankly less predictable and by that effect, frightening for many.

Which is probably the #1 reason I won't vote for Paul.

I am not one of those majority. I'm the other guy.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

I'm confused, you won't vote for Paul because you are not frightened by revolutionary like change?

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Ron Paul is the only candidate that has really cared to educate the people on our history, constitution and the rights we were intended to have!
reply to post by juveous

May I suggest you read A peoples history of the United States, By Howard Zinn?

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Ron Paul is the only candidate that has really cared to educate the people on our history, constitution and the rights we were intended to have!
reply to post by juveous

May I suggest you read A peoples history of the United States, By Howard Zinn?

You may, thanks for the recommend. I've never read it. Does it connect to Ron Paul in some way?

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

I'm confused, you won't vote for Paul because you are not frightened by revolutionary like change?

I am a progressive futurist globalist.

Ron Paul does not make sense to me. He goes backwards in my way of thinking.

I am not saying those who support Ron Paul's way of thinking are wrong - - its just not my way of thinking.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I won't be voting for Ron Paul either.

Because he is in NO WAY qualified for any government job.

The man is a gynecologist.

Sure that takes education and effort - but - he does NOT have the right skill set for governmental work.

Ask yourself - if your car broke down - would you hire RP to fix it? NO - because he is not an auto mechanic.

If you bought a few franchise outlets - would you hire RP to manage them? NO - because he is not a business person - he is a medical doctor.

He does NOT have the proper skills to manage a business - which government entities are.

Sure he talks a good game, and his supporters attribute even more brilliance to him - but - this is just a man with opinions, like we all have.

HOW will he implement these things?

Take us back to the 'gold standard' as far as money goes? HOW exactly does he plan to do this? Do you know? Does he know? It's a good sentiment and talking point - but it shows NO knowledge whatsoever of the complex international financial systems.

He's going to 'end the war on drugs'? Exactly HOW? Do you think you'll be able to fire up the bong the day after he's elected? Where is the PLAN on how to do this?

He'll bring the troops home. I saw elsewhere on here where some military guy was uber pumped on this and said - then I can do my job on US soil. Uh, HELLO - doesn't it occur to you that you will be OUT of a job? What military job is there for you here?

He'll give us back our "Freedoms". Well, that's rather vague, don't you think? And what is his actual plan for this?

He cannot do any of these things because he is not a biz person. He does NOT have the required skill set.

Oh but he's a DOCTOR! So he's SMART! And he had his own office and such so he does know biz.....

No, he doesn't. Running a small clinic is NOTHING like running a major operation. Analogy - a person who runs a hot dog stand is NOT going to be able to step in as CEO of McDonald's. They don't have the complex business skills.

Ron Paul is a crotch doctor. Are you kidding me? This is NOT the skill set needed to run complex things.

He is also elderly to the point of belonging in a nursing home. The man can barely stand and walk without assistance and he shows all the signs of Alzheimer's disease and/or senility. He is TOO OLD.

The guy spews a few words that some people agree with and - these people want him to be President? WHAT are you thinking?

Why not look to someone more qualified? There must be others with the ideals these people value - who has *actual skills* to do what they say.

This poor senile old man is a crotch doctor. Would you hire him to rebuild your El Camino? Run your hot dog stand? I wouldn't - because he does not have the right skill set.

On top of which he is so very old and frail - he can barely walk. He probably doesn't even know what day it is.

Open your eyes people, and stop falling for those who just tell you what you want to hear. Read the threads here where people have pointed out that he has failed at just about everything he's tried to do.

He's a doctor. He DOES NOT HAVE THE RIGHT SKILL SET.

Some seem to think this means that he'll really change everything, that this is a good thing. But he can't because he does not know how. Does NOT have the proper skills.

The man is very old and should go into a home where he can rest.

This is NOT the person you want.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   

I know a lot of people like him because of his isolationist position on world affairs and his willingness to legalize weed, but there are some real concerns that people should have regarding some of his other positions. Even though he might be viewed as the underdog and an alternative to the mainstream GOP, a lot of his positions fall right in line with the republican agenda that has decimated our country for 30 years now. I know this will rub a lot of people the wrong way, but here are my 3 main reasons I will not vote for him:

1. Dr Paul wants to eliminate the Environmental protection agency. Our country is already heavily polluted and he would remove the remaining obstacles corporations face to pollute even further. The last thing we need is more power for corporations to pollute our air and water. The disaster in the Gulf of Mexico would become one of many disasters if this is allowed.

2.He is no friend of working people. He supports abolishing the Federal minimum wage, has twice introduced legislation to repeal OSHA, or the Occupational Safety and Health Act and would deal devastating blows to Social Security including repealing the act that makes it mandatory for employees of nonprofits, to make “coverage completely optional for both present and future workers”, and would “freeze benefit levels”. He has also twice sponsored legislation seeking to repeal the Davis-Bacon Act and the Copeland Act which among other things provide that contractors for the federal government must provide the prevailing wage and prohibits corporate “kick backs.” see the bills: H.R.2030, H.R.4604, H.R.736, and H.R.2720

3. Ron Paul’s tax plan is unfair to lower earners and would greatly benefit those with the highest incomes.He has repeatedly submitted amendments to the tax code that would get rid of the estate and gift taxes, tax all earners at 10%, disallow income tax credits to individuals who are not corporations, repeal the elderly tax credit, child care credit, earned income credit, and other common credits for working class citizens. refer to bill H.R.05484

I feel that Dr Pauls yearning for smaller government is just to facilitate removing the obstructions government poses to the top one percent and predatory capitalism. We would see a return to the guilded age where a small powerful elite rules over the country like feudal nobles over the rest of us. He is a wolf in sheeps clothing and I am worried that people dont seem to see this or want to see this. There is a war being waged against the working class in this country and this guy is NOT on our side of the fence.

edit on 1-1-2012 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

It's shame this is what our country has come to.

People have learned to rely on the same old system and anything to the contrary scares them. Even if it's the right thing to do it scares the hell out of them if it goes against the status quo.

You don't seem so "open minded"

Also you don't have the facts straight about the guy and from some of your catch phrases it is clear you have been told what to believe and it worked.

America is truly lost......

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zinky
I won't be voting for Ron Paul either.

Because he is in NO WAY qualified for any government job.

The man is a gynecologist.

Sure that takes education and effort - but - he does NOT have the right skill set for governmental work.

Ask yourself - if your car broke down - would you hire RP to fix it? NO - because he is not an auto mechanic.

If you bought a few franchise outlets - would you hire RP to manage them? NO - because he is not a business person - he is a medical doctor.

He does NOT have the proper skills to manage a business - which government entities are.

Sure he talks a good game, and his supporters attribute even more brilliance to him - but - this is just a man with opinions, like we all have.

HOW will he implement these things?

Take us back to the 'gold standard' as far as money goes? HOW exactly does he plan to do this? Do you know? Does he know? It's a good sentiment and talking point - but it shows NO knowledge whatsoever of the complex international financial systems.

He's going to 'end the war on drugs'? Exactly HOW? Do you think you'll be able to fire up the bong the day after he's elected? Where is the PLAN on how to do this?

He'll bring the troops home. I saw elsewhere on here where some military guy was uber pumped on this and said - then I can do my job on US soil. Uh, HELLO - doesn't it occur to you that you will be OUT of a job? What military job is there for you here?

He'll give us back our "Freedoms". Well, that's rather vague, don't you think? And what is his actual plan for this?

He cannot do any of these things because he is not a biz person. He does NOT have the required skill set.

Oh but he's a DOCTOR! So he's SMART! And he had his own office and such so he does know biz.....

No, he doesn't. Running a small clinic is NOTHING like running a major operation. Analogy - a person who runs a hot dog stand is NOT going to be able to step in as CEO of McDonald's. They don't have the complex business skills.

Ron Paul is a crotch doctor. Are you kidding me? This is NOT the skill set needed to run complex things.

He is also elderly to the point of belonging in a nursing home. The man can barely stand and walk without assistance and he shows all the signs of Alzheimer's disease and/or senility. He is TOO OLD.

The guy spews a few words that some people agree with and - these people want him to be President? WHAT are you thinking?

Why not look to someone more qualified? There must be others with the ideals these people value - who has *actual skills* to do what they say.

This poor senile old man is a crotch doctor. Would you hire him to rebuild your El Camino? Run your hot dog stand? I wouldn't - because he does not have the right skill set.

On top of which he is so very old and frail - he can barely walk. He probably doesn't even know what day it is.

Open your eyes people, and stop falling for those who just tell you what you want to hear. Read the threads here where people have pointed out that he has failed at just about everything he's tried to do.

He's a doctor. He DOES NOT HAVE THE RIGHT SKILL SET.

Some seem to think this means that he'll really change everything, that this is a good thing. But he can't because he does not know how. Does NOT have the proper skills.

The man is very old and should go into a home where he can rest.

This is NOT the person you want.

My guess is you are no older than 15 and that's why you won't be voting.

Just to stay on topic, he's also a veteran and applying for commander in chief, none of his competition have this on him.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

he's also a veteran and applying for commander in chief, none of his competition have this on him.

Almost any man his age would be a veteran. He was drafted.

Hardly a qualification in my opinion.

Especially since he's going to bring all the troops home.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Zinky

You have obviously not researched much into Ron Paul's career.

Yes he was a doctor, but has had many years of political experience.

Deny Ignorance
edit on 1-1-2012 by mileysubet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   

People have learned to rely on the same old system and anything to the contrary scares them. Even if it's the right thing to do it scares the hell out of them if it goes against the status quo.

If you have a system in distress, just because there is something being offered that is "contrary" , it in no way means it is better, This has happened many times in history with disastrous results. The Russian revolution, the rise of Nazism, communism in China, all these things were revolutionary and challenged the status quo, but I am sure you can find a lot of people who will tell you they made things much worse. We have had 30 years of deregulation of the financial markets, and labor concessions, tax cuts for the rich to "create jobs". Well the only place those tax savings have been used to create jobs is in 3rd world countries.His foreign policy may sound attractive but on the domestic front Ron Paul wants to again cut taxes for the rich and corporations, and remove federal controls on the environment and workplace safety. He wants to remove all environmental regulatory obstructions, as few as their are left, so corporations can pollute with impunity. Well I am sorry but in my opinion that will only benefit the very same people the republicans have benefited for 30 years, the top one percent. The common people of this country, the working people are under attack, and his positions do NOT represent our side in my opinion.

new topics
top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join