learn more

Why I will NOT vote for Ron Paul

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
+8 more 
posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I know a lot of people like him because of his isolationist position on world affairs and his willingness to legalize weed, but there are some real concerns that people should have regarding some of his other positions. Even though he might be viewed as the underdog and an alternative to the mainstream GOP, a lot of his positions fall right in line with the republican agenda that has decimated our country for 30 years now. I know this will rub a lot of people the wrong way, but here are my 3 main reasons I will not vote for him:

1. Dr Paul wants to eliminate the Environmental protection agency. Our country is already heavily polluted and he would remove the remaining obstacles corporations face to pollute even further. The last thing we need is more power for corporations to pollute our air and water. The disaster in the Gulf of Mexico would become one of many disasters if this is allowed.

2.He is no friend of working people. He supports abolishing the Federal minimum wage, has twice introduced legislation to repeal OSHA, or the Occupational Safety and Health Act and would deal devastating blows to Social Security including repealing the act that makes it mandatory for employees of nonprofits, to make “coverage completely optional for both present and future workers”, and would “freeze benefit levels”. He has also twice sponsored legislation seeking to repeal the Davis-Bacon Act and the Copeland Act which among other things provide that contractors for the federal government must provide the prevailing wage and prohibits corporate “kick backs.” see the bills: H.R.2030, H.R.4604, H.R.736, and H.R.2720

3. Ron Paul’s tax plan is unfair to lower earners and would greatly benefit those with the highest incomes.He has repeatedly submitted amendments to the tax code that would get rid of the estate and gift taxes, tax all earners at 10%, disallow income tax credits to individuals who are not corporations, repeal the elderly tax credit, child care credit, earned income credit, and other common credits for working class citizens. refer to bill H.R.05484

I feel that Dr Pauls yearning for smaller government is just to facilitate removing the obstructions government poses to the top one percent and predatory capitalism. We would see a return to the guilded age where a small powerful elite rules over the country like feudal nobles over the rest of us. He is a wolf in sheeps clothing and I am worried that people dont seem to see this or want to see this. There is a war being waged against the working class in this country and this guy is NOT on our side of the fence.

edit on 1-1-2012 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Who are you planning to vote for and why?

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixDown

I will NOT vote if I don't have a good choice, to vote for the lesser of the evils is to still vote for evil. I don't plan to vote for Obama either. If my only two choices are to vote for men who will damage our country I chose not to vote rather than to be a part to the damage by empowering them. If my choice is between a pacifist who compromises with republicans or a man who claims to be pro freedom while being openly anti working class, I wont vote for either. I would rather not give my vote than have my vote contribute to harming our nation.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by openminded2011

I don't think you quite understood the point made by the previous poster.

+27 more 
posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
ok just your first sentence is wrong wrong wrong...

He is not an "isolationist" he is a nonintervenionist.

he is not "pro weed" he is anti drug war...
you should not rant about candidates when you have no idea what they stand for or their platform..here is a place you can get accurate information

www.ronpaul2012.com please stop getting your information from the MSM eg CNN/FNC
edit on 1-1-2012 by CaDreamer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
if you base your views on what you see on TV and not by what the candidates platforms are, or their records, then Mr. Paul doesnt want your vote anyhow,

any vote in ignorance is a wasted vote.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
he's a dangerous candidate to be sure. I won't vote for him mostly because he's done nothing to prove as a republican candidate he isn't going to protect the rich at the expense of everyone else

I love that he openly questions the fed, and as president he won't be able to do that anymore, so I say let him stay in congress and fight for us there

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by CaDreamer

And you should stop getting your info from PRO Ron Paul sites only. I am being objective, and one thing I have noticed about Paul supporters is that they cant look at the facts unless they come from a pro Paul perspective.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
he's done nothing to prove as a republican candidate he isn't going to protect the rich at the expense of everyone else

Well that is NEVER going to happen, as you cannot prove a negative.

And the President has a heck of alot more influence on the national and global economy, than a single Congressional Rep does.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   

So what do you think about removing the EPA, and getting rid of the minimum wage and OSHA? Do you think our country doesnt need environmental protections? I would really like to know, why do we need to get rid of the EPA? OSHA?? Please explain this. I dare one RP supporter to give a valid explanation for these positions.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Well then, please be sure to pick up your lovely parting gifts on your way out the door!

He wants to legalize pot. That alone is reason to vote for him.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

So lets live in a feudal oligarchy, but at least you can smoke weed? Wow,

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by openminded2011

So what do you think about removing the EPA, and getting rid of the minimum wage and OSHA? Do you think our country doesnt need environmental protections?

The EPA would be much more effective and powerful if there was a group for each state...instead of a massive overreaching federal agency...and this is from a biologist.

Also under common law it's illegal to dump ANYTHING into anothers' land, water, or air. It would seem that enforcing common law would go a long way towards fixing the mess this country is.

Minimum wage also should be varied across this great nation, living in NYC is alot different than the backwoods of TN...see the recent story of SF raising the City's Minimum wage to over $10.
edit on 1-1-2012 by Shark_Feeder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Of all the candidates up there ,

Ron Paul is really your only chance at saving America. None of them can reverse the damage done , except for Ronny.

You would have to be a fool , ignorant , or just brain washed by propogandists not to see that simple fact.

Do you know why he wins debates and polls ? Even though much of the MSM tries to bash him ?

Because the man is speaking what most reasonable americans believe in their hearts is the right thing to do.

Really its no contest . Ron Paul = Answer to America's problems. The rest will just suck the same gravey train that they are used too.

I don't understand how people can watch these debates and not see the bigger picture . Its really not that difficult of a choice.

This is "real change you can believe in "
30+ years says so

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   

I know a lot of people like him because of his isolationist position on world affairs and his willingness to legalize weed, but there are some real concerns that people should have regarding some of his other positions

You honestly seem like you're trolling. He's not isolationist, stop getting your views from the MSM. I've never smoked a joint in my life, but the fact that it's illegal but alcohol isn't is beyond sanity.

Moving on, I think the problem with your line of thinking is that you, like all of us, have been programmed with a certain way of life for sooooo long that you can no longer imagine a USA where the federal government doesn't call ALL the shots. Me personally, I'm willing to give Ron Paul a shot for 4 years, try out some new things, and see how things actually work. What's going on now isn't working, and I agree with Dr. Paul that the government is extremely inefficient at doing just about everything.

Take for instance OSHA. Do we really need OSHA? You argue that we do. I work at a state university as a safety professional, and the state has passed its own laws on what mandatory expectations are needed to be safe. The point is, the states should have the individual rights to do what is best suited for themselves, and what best addresses the needs of the citizens. Even though we are guided in what we do by our state, our department is constantly looking around the entire country to see what practices are best, or sometimes the most harmful, and constantly adjusting our own policies and practices in order to best serve our university.

Just because you eliminate a federal program doesn't mean there will just be this massive vacuum of anarchy. In a libertarian minded society, states will have more rights to take over those powers. The free market will determine which states are implementing the best ideas, or so it goes in theory. I admit, Dr. Paul's ideas seem a bit extreme at first, but once you finally start doing your homework on his views it's like seeing the world from a completely new perspective. As I said earlier, I'm willing to give his ideas a shot for 4 years and see how it goes. I don't think it'll be as catastrophic as you are making it out to be, though I do see keeping the status quo as beyond fubar'd.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Just because Ron takes a position on any given subject doesn't mean hes going to wreck the country, especially after the last 20 years of government disaster, as he said, he would work with the people to get the best legislation so as to not create a further vacuum, and he knows that the people are positioning to strike and bring Washington to its knees, if anything, hes the only person that stands between Us stomping the crap out of them, so they should feel pretty safe hes on the ticket to work with.

link   

And you should stop getting your info from PRO Ron Paul sites only. I am being objective, and one thing I have noticed about Paul supporters is that they cant look at the facts unless they come from a pro Paul perspective.

It has nothing to do with pro Ron sites .. Their is a big difference between isolationist and non interventionist. He is the later. Its a fact regardless of what the MSM feeds you.

link   
reply to post by yourboycal2

I am more in favor of thinking with the mind than the heart. He is just another right wing republican with a bend. He will continue the agenda of the 1 percent at the expense of everyone else. All you have to do is look at his positions and its plainly visible. He wants to cut taxes for the rich and corporations, gut environmental and labor protections, and eliminate the social safety net. This is just the same bag of goods they have been selling since Reagan, with disastrous results. You can pack manure in a pretty box and gift wrap it and spray it with perfume, but it still contains manure.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by openminded2011

THANK YOU FOR IGNORING MY RESPONSE!

Must be difficult to respond to...

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   

So what do you think about removing the EPA, and getting rid of the minimum wage and OSHA? Do you think our country doesnt need environmental protections? I would really like to know, why do we need to get rid of the EPA? OSHA?? Please explain this. I dare one RP supporter to give a valid explanation for these positions.

all those questions are answered on Mr Pauls site. please stop asking silly questions and do a little research on your own.
deny ignorance my friend.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join