It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Are Most People Paranoid About Intelligence Services?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Most days when i open a thread about an intelligence service or some bill, the agenices get ragged on. My question is why? Sure with all these bills that are coming out, people's freeedom slowly being taken away, however, these services were generally established to protect people like you and i, to keep their respective country safe.

When everybody is going nuts about how they are always listening in on your conversations, always watching everything you do, i can only help but wonder, there are so many bigger and more important things for them to do. So people, tell me, what is with the paranoia?

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

Look, at the end of the day if you are doing absolutely nothing wrong and have nothing to hide then you have absolutely nothing to worry about.

I personally more concerned about whats going in vaccines and food, skyrocketing prices of utilities and new taxes than what our intelligence services are up to. But thats just me.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

however, these services were generally established to protect people like you and i, to keep their respective country safe.

are you for real? or trolling for stars?

can you spell MKULTRA, PAPERCLIP, NORTHWOODS?

those services have ALWAYS been tools of the oligarchy, trained beasts that live by the law of the jungle.

here's a spook "truism"

"economics transcends ideology"

figure it out

have a thread ESF and black op funding www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 1-1-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
The two of you are proof of how the brainwashed masses are so easily manipulated, lied to and ripped off.

These agencies were not created to "protect" YOU. That is the least of their worries. The OSS originated as a spy network, lies and skullduggery were their forte. It's like thinking Mafia hit men are there to protect you.

"If you're not doing anything wrong, you've got nothing to worry about," mating call of the future FEMA camp resident.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5

Look, at the end of the day if you are doing absolutely nothing wrong and have nothing to hide then you have absolutely nothing to worry about.

Respectfully; you are misguided inthat thinking:
You give the govt. Way-heyyyy too much credit.

Like every law written to:
"get" the "terrorists": Well DHS counts "returning vets" as possible "terrorists"; That's alot of people here. The definitionof "terrorist is subjective.(i.e. what the govt prosecutors say it is)

Truly one man's "freedom fighter" is anothers "terrorist".The constitution seems to have become AWFULLY Malleable in the last10years:,Patriot act; posse- commitatus neutered; ndaa up for multiple interpretations.Self written search warrants.

Major changes to wiretap laws.

Even if this administration or the last kept strictly between the lines of what is:" constitutional; legal and moral" . Who's to say what the next or the one after that won't do with all this new found power? and Northcom combat brigades in "battlefield America"???

I'm sorry you are way wrong..In that approach. You are "guilty" of something at this very moment.

There are so many federal laws and statutes on the books. You seriously need to spend the next 49 minutes and watch this law professors eyeopening lecture on "why you should never talk to the police EVEN IF YOU ARE COMPLETELY INNOCENT!"

I personally more concerned about whats going in vaccines and food, skyrocketing prices of utilities and new taxes than what our intelligence services are up to. But thats just me.

edit on 1-1-2012 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by 46ACE

Hey.....I do watch Alex Jones daily

I'm not denying I'm concerned about whats going on out there and believe you me I'm more knowledged on whats going on around the world than most Americans......

BUT

my main concern is staying out of debt, getting my day to day running costs paid up front and keep as healthy as I can - hence eat decent food and not the poisoned crap they want to feed us! Healthy body - healthy mind.

If we're not healthy in both mind and body then we're no good for anyone or anything.

edit on 1-1-2012 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

reply to post by 46ACE

Hey.....I do watch Alex Jones daily

I'm not denying I'm concerned about whats going on out there and believe you me I'm more knowledged on whats going on around the world than most Americans......

BUT

my main concern is staying out of debt, getting my day to day running costs paid up front and keep as healthy as I can - hence eat decent food and not the poisoned crap they want to feed us! Healthy body - healthy mind.

If we're not healthy in both mind and body then we're no good for anyone or anything.

edit on 1-1-2012 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

Great!
(BTW Alex Jones hypes out of context stuff to sell dvd's.)

Did you give the law professor's video a look? You (innocently going about your business)are likely guilty of something in the criminal code.; All somebody has to do is decide its your turn in the barrel and focus the cross hairs on you...

We do have to worry about inflation and Goldman Sachs;
and paying bills and walking the dog; but we also have to keep an eye on the over reaching public servants who think its okay to "bend the rules" to "keep us safe "because" they" have "good intentions" (until the next wave of badger carriers come along with less altruism).

( this"citizen" stuff IS a full time occupation")
I'm on a personal crusade to stomp out the " if you got nothing to hide(done nothing wrong) then you won't mind us looking " attitude in America.Where ever it sprouts

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

This is exactly how they want you to think. Freedom is privacy, they are not separate. Using Echelon and other entwined systems including traffic cams and the new "smart lights" they will be literally tracking everything you do. This becomes a problem because history shows it isn't to thwart "terrorism". Just look at britain. The issue is, by burying your head in the sand now, you remove your ability to fight back later. Assuming that a greed driven capitalist system has your best interests in mind is dangerous, and it all starts with privacy.

The MSM will commonly say "why worry if youre not doing anything wrong?" But this is a backdoor method to make people think it is a non-issue while they gradually increase control.

top topics

join