It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Landslide in Norway

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
There was big landslide in Norway today. They say it may be because of unusually warm winter.

Dozens of people fled from a rural area bordering Norway's third largest city on Sunday because of a massive landslide but no casualties have been reported, police said, cited by AFP. "We have evacuated many farms," regional police operation leader Tore Kyllo told AFP after the landslide struck just south of Trondheim in central Norway.

Link
Link 2
It´s ongoing right now, worth to keep an eye on.

It´s been warmer than usual here in Northern Europe this winter. What do you think, can this be result of the methane realease from Arctic seabed? Methane release

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Wow, that is a huge landslide.

~Morpheus

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I'm so glad they got everyone in danger to safety. No injuries reported is a good thing. Thats quite a big cater there.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Dang!!

I did not expect a slide if that maginitude...

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Amandla

I am sorry, but the pic in the article you linked to, definately is not the one in Trondheim. I guess, classical case of bad journalism, in which they took an available pic, and used it in the article. Here is what it really looks like.
The pic they posted does not even look close to Trondheim, different style of houses, no snow...

video : www.vg.no...

edit on 1/1/2012 by Hellhound604 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellhound604

Thanks! Yes, I thought it doesn´t look right. There were´nt much English language sources about it.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Amandla

Large landslides in that area is not uncommon due to quick clay.
The largest slide in modern times was back in 1978 and many people died.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Glad to hear no one was hurt. Shame about the old homes though, a lot of history lost.

new topics

top topics

join