It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

wtf how new members get so many posts

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
there are members who registered the same day I did,probably a little before or later w/e and some of them got almost 2000 posts already O.o its been 2 days...how in the F do you post 2000 posts in 2 days 0.0 Ive been trying to post accordingly "making every post count" and these couple people who already have 300-2000 posts are blowing my mind..its been 2 days and I'm still tryin to get to my 20 to post >_< my mind is boggled by this and this is the only place I can submit this thread
trophy for the dedicated ATSers

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
No life + spamming. Welcome to ATS, btw.
edit on 1-1-2012 by MzMorbid because: Bacon. Seriously.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Some have too much free time, other are building up a "background" to become a paid "influencer, derailler and trying to end the Pro Ron Paul wave)

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by EartOccupant

Really? so new members who post a lot are anti-ron paul? Man, i know you pro-paul guys are very passionate about the guy, but come on. Bit of a reach isnt it?

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
hehe im new and i have lots of posts

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I can't see any examples of any members with thousands (or even hundreds) of posts, who have been here just two days.

Can you give us an example?

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ArtOfTrance

It's quite simple really - Some people here (myself wholly included) have no life.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

Some just have a better gift to gab ...peace ps.oh welcome op

edit on 1-1-2012 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I've noticed it. Don't think anyone's paid by the post or anything, just feel their opinion should be shared, I guess.

I think a lot come from the General Chit Chat forum, at least that's all I can figure.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Hi, and welcome to ATS! Don't worry about keeping up with the newbies, keep making every post count! But if you want to double your post count, here's how.....

Sorry, I tried to double post, but I couldn't. Ive seen posters who almost always double post!
edit on 1-1-2012 by windword because: tried to double post!

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
like a magnet I attracted alot of the newbie-yet-not-so-newbie posters

seriously though that is excessive,idk whether to tell you to get a life or give a Kudos!!

I was just blown away by that fact xP
good day

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by NoNameBrand

"Some... others.. "

I did not put you or anyone else in a box, I stated option as an answer to the OP question.

And we all know paid posters exists, so how hard it is to believe that with something as important as the election of the President, it will not be used? With trillions of dollars to divide by winning administration, you bet some people invest in opinion making and changing at fora's.

Now who is, and who isn't? I don't know.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   

If they are posting quality posts......great. If not, they will receive the same lack of attention as some older ATS members get who don't post quality threads.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I think you could go through the posters posts and see what they are posting about.
I don't think it is too tough to see if they are only here for one reason.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by EartOccupant

And we all know paid posters exists

No we don't. Sure some believe they exist, but not everyone. I certainly don't anyway, In fact I think It's pretty silly really.

I mean are we all sooo important that someone has actually been put in charge, let alone paid, to sway opinion here, or discredit us, or anything else like this? No, I just don't see it to be completely honest. Sure they could be here.. I just doubt it very much so.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   

I think it's possilbe that some people figure out that the at times taking the not so positive side of an argument draws people in to try and convince them otherwise..some members on here have dual accounts which isn't so hard to do and some people simply have interesting posts or conversation to add to the subject matter..either way it's all good...I notice that some of my stuff gets posted and not so much now that would qualify as new topics...I would agree that in the begining a good deal of my stuff was posted...just enjoy the ride my friend..I'm not sure about paid posters on here because I don't think many people are changing any political views on here....
edit on 1-1-2012 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

My personal opinion on this is..."whatever". I post whats interesting to me or to ask questions. My only "concern" about my post count deals with being qualified for Chat.
At the rate I am going, I may be able to chat in 2013!

On a serious note though, I prefer to read a post that informs me with credible evidence then reading drival, so if drival gets these people post counts, have at it. Just remember, no one will respect your opinion.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

OP, I endorse what this one says!
I am fat, old, and retired!!
You might take into consideration that ATS encompasses MANY a subject from the dawn of time to the present and well into the future.
That is a lot of interesting subjects.
So, in short, this may be their newest obsession, and the new shiny flavor may wear off over time.
Or there is the possibility that the nick could be a shiny new botname.
Either way, enjoy!

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

This community is plenty important. We questioned 9/11. Most dont. Keep control of those who would be first to uncover the truth.

For most people, its the sunday paper. For us its a few youtube videos or a news source that looks legit. Everyone has their price...

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
They must have absolutely no life if they have 2000+ posts lmao. Anyway I'm new too, welcome to ATS.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join