It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did anyone in Florida see 2 red dots by the moon? at 12 on new years?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

It's not impossible for any light at high altitude, especially at night, to be seen for hundreds of miles in all directions. Once something is high enough to be seen over the curve of the earth, its visibility becomes unobstructed over great distances. Besides this, obviously people were doing the same thing all over the state, so whats to say you saw the exact same thing?

That video posted is absolutely, 100%, sky lanterns. I watched several go up from two streets north of me and head off the the south in the exact same fashion as in the video. When they passed over my house they were still low enough that I could read the writing on the bags. As they climbed to the south, they slowly spread out and appeared just like the video.

I could hear other people around the neighborhood talking about them being UFO's, or telling their kids they were UFO's. It's pretty obvious that folks know that people are out watching fireworks, and will report them as being UFO's.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

It's not impossible for any light at high altitude, especially at night, to be seen for hundreds of miles in all directions. Once something is high enough to be seen over the curve of the earth, its visibility becomes unobstructed over great distances. Besides this, obviously people were doing the same thing all over the state, so whats to say you saw the exact same thing?

That video posted is absolutely, 100%, sky lanterns. I watched several go up from two streets north of me and head off the the south in the exact same fashion as in the video. When they passed over my house they were still low enough that I could read the writing on the bags. As they climbed to the south, they slowly spread out and appeared just like the video.

I could hear other people around the neighborhood talking about them being UFO's, or telling their kids they were UFO's. It's pretty obvious that folks know that people are out watching fireworks, and will report them as being UFO's.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

The only thing I cant explain is the sharp movement one of the lights did, I also thought it was lanterns until I saw that movement, on the video the move left and right much slower.

But who knows, lately chinese lanterns are 90% of the ufo people see daily

edit on 1-1-2012 by cdesigns because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-1-2012 by cdesigns because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Celestial1
Sounds exactly like chinese floating lanterns which is also what that video posted was. They are often used like fireworks during celebrations throughout the asian cultures. Quite common over here and I must have seen a hundred of them at midnight while watching fireworks last night. Happy New Year!
Peace & Love

Funny how UFOs always seem to be reported just after midnight on New Years Day?
Sorry but classic chinese lantern footage.
edit on 1-1-2012 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by starchild10

Most definetly. I'm no ney sayer but last night as we were watching all the lanterns (for several hours) we joked about people reporting them as UFOs. So I guess it would have been a perfect night for the UFos to make a visit as they could disguise themselves easily. lol

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by cdesigns

Now I kinda wish I stay up because I'm in West Palm so we would've had a broad coverage.

Can't say what it was with any accuracy and I think New Years and the 4th of July are probably the two worse nights to be UFO hunting (or deciding). Too much happening. Check tonight if you can and see if anything is going on. I'll do the same.

(Hey, it's going to get real cold here Tuesday. Down into the 30's...so heads up and toes covered)

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

I'd give it a few days yet, people are still firing crap into the sky ATM.
The other thing that they were launching last night, that could be misidentified as UFO's, is parachute flares. Those can be seen over a REALLY long distance.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Its great, they can come out and no one pays attention for it must be balloons. They sure timed this one right. Make sure you have goodness and unconditional love and try to work things out with family, clean underwear. We had our own siting, involving my youngest 10, and that usually means something else goes down, so here's hoping and praying for positivity, and protection.
edit on 1-1-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5
reply to post by Human_Alien

I'd give it a few days yet, people are still firing crap into the sky ATM.
The other thing that they were launching last night, that could be misidentified as UFO's, is parachute flares. Those can be seen over a REALLY long distance.

I own some parachute flares they light very bright but they go up and then down, not up and then dissapear. It could be lanterns but who knows.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by cdesigns

Yeah parachute flares float slowly down, I was just bringing it up as another thing that people might have seen. The videos though are lanterns.

Your post about how one of them moved to the side, might be something as simple as one hitting an air current that the other one didn't. Even though from your perspective they might appear to be quite close together, they may in fact be very far apart. As an example, look at how close together some stars appear in the night sky, yet in actuality they may be many light years apart. Its simply a matter of the viewers perspective.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join