It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did anyone in Florida see 2 red dots by the moon? at 12 on new years?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Im in Clermont Fl, I was looking towards the moon while some fireworks were exploting all over but then I see 2 red lights miles apart of each other going up slowly, at first I thought it was lanterns, but one of them switched left and then up again, I ran inside my home to get the camera but the automatic focus was unable to focus the moon and the redlights, I took a video but I havent check it yet. it was weird because it lasted a few minutes.

Anyone saw something like this around 12:00-12:10am?
edit on 1-1-2012 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by cdesigns

Yeah, I saw the same thing...
Except the two red dots were just floating by and then faded. It was basically right after the ball dropped for new years. My dad went out side and came right back in saying "Nils, there's UFOs!" I rushed out and saw the two red dots. It came to me to say they're chinese lanterns. They just died out right after one another.
Hmm, I wish I had taken photos.
Did you happen to see anything after they faded?
Also, I live in Port Saint Lucie.
edit on 1-1-2012 by TheMythBusta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   

it was the space station

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by stealthmonkey

It was definitely not the space station.
I understand your point of view, but the red dots were anything but that.
Now I really wish I had taken the camera out to snap some photos. :/
Then again, I only have crappy one and it probably wouldn't have even detected the dots. :|

We weren't the only ones OP.
Check this out. This is what I saw as well.
www.youtube.com...
edit on 1-1-2012 by TheMythBusta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by TheMythBusta

im in south polk county florida and from what i seen it looked like therefraction from the lazer beems when 2 craft are docking in orbit

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

Here is another video of the same thing.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by richardwad1

Yep, that's it!
Crazy. Tonight I'll be taking another look and seeing if I see something similar.

Proof that it isn't a space station.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
The way the space station orbits, it wouldn't be in the same spot. You could check the charts for it's position last night.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

I couldn't see straight, I was drunk. This is why I always miss sightings. :/

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I just saw on the news where two satellites were put into orbit around the moon.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by justasayin

what does that have to do with anything? These lights clearly were nowhere near there.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
It was the new NASA probes. They were finishing the entry burn into moon's orbit yesterday. 2 spacecrafts. That's probably the lights you saw. Of course we see it red from the atmospheric distortion.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Are you the same person from the Taipei UFO thread???? I don't think you are, are you?

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Sounds exactly like chinese floating lanterns which is also what that video posted was. They are often used like fireworks during celebrations throughout the asian cultures. Quite common over here and I must have seen a hundred of them at midnight while watching fireworks last night. Happy New Year!
Peace & Love

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Over here, near Brandon FL, idiots were launching sky lanterns despite it being highly illegal to do so in the state of Florida. You can see them over quite a long distance once they get a fairly good altitude.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by richardwad1
www.youtube.com...

Here is another video of the same thing.

Thats what I saw, they went striaight up but of off them moved 90 degrees and then straight up again, so far the reports are coming from Port Saint Lucie, Hollywood Fl and Clermont FL hundreds of miles apart of each other, imposible for two chinese lanterns to be seen so far.

In my case I saw them East towards the moon. and they were NOT the nasa probes, those probes are washing machine size and cant move so quickly on the sky.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

I know I read someones seeing this somewhere today here at ATS and I thought it was someone on the Taiwan UFO thread (whose posts have been removed for being off-topic) so I am almost certain s/he saw something red next to the Moon last night too.
I U2U them so I'll see if they reply

Clermont? Hollywood? Melbourne? I mean...that's one huge triangle. If you got Jacksonville, Tampa and the Keys then you'd have this entire state covered.

From the sound of it, this doesn't sound like lanterns. Unless you ALL saw red lanterns, at the same time, in the same place in the sky, 500 miles a part.
That's insane.

Very interesting.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Well here's Tampa

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Ok this is the only picture I have of my view of the moon last night, when I took this picture the red lights were already gone I was trying to capture them, but you have an idea of my view looking EAST from Clermont FL towards the moon.

When the red dot passed the moon I was not able to see it until it appear it again in top of the moon. the left red dot was higher than the right red dot all the time, but the left red dot moved to a sharp left just like you see in the picture and then straight up. I ran insid emy home to get the camera but my camera had a hard time focusing and then the lights were gone. :-(

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
Well here's Tampa

Impressive Tampa is on my South East they got a better view than me for sure.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join