It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Old Want To Be Younger And The Young Want To Be Older

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
This is one of those paradoxes of living life,the young people who cant wait for their hopes and dreams of great expectations that their futures will surely bring to them and the old people who live with the lonliness of their silent solitude,the bitter memories of missed chances,fleeting moments and dreams that never came true...

When we are young we cant wait to get older.We cant wait to be older so we can take a girl out on a date.We cant wait to be older so we can drive a car.We cant wait till we are older and wont have to listen to our parents anymore.We cant wait to be older so we can get a job and start making money.We cant wait to be older so we can drink at a bar.We cant wait to be older so we can get married and have kids and buy a house.Our feet are standing in the present,our heads are in the clouds and our eyes are looking for an invisible future...

When we are young,we dont know how to live day by day,so many things are taken for granted,we dont really understand that life offers no guarantees,we might never even get older at all...

We dont realize that the only time in our lives when most of us will ever be truly and really happy is when we are young,when we are little kids,wondering what toys we will play with today and tomorrow.When will grandma and grandpa ask us over their house again and let us do whatever we want.Jumping on our bikes and riding around in the sun,rain and snow without a care or responsibility in the world.Of another birthday and another christmas on their way...

We dont realize that time flys by,it waits for no one and there is no fountain of youth to be found and all those things we could'nt wait to be old enough to be able to do,are the very things we will grind away at day after day, year after year,while our only lives sail on by.Breaking up with girls over and over,arguing and fighting about money and getting divorced.Stuck in endless traffic jams in a car thats always about to break down while trying to get to a thankless job that never seems to pay enough.Losing sleep worrying about how we'll make the next house payment and then suddenly,without warning,while we were busy killing ourselves to live,we are older and want to be younger again,our youth and our beauty have faded away,never to return again...

And when we are old,most of our waking moments are spent thinking about all our yesterdays,about being young again.Of how we would have done this and could have done that.Of all the things we should have said to the people that entered our lives and then left all too quickly left,who are now gone forever.When will our children tell us we cant drive anymore? Will they get angry if they have to take us to the doctor again? Are they only hanging around acting like they really care while waiting for us to die and getting their hands on our inheritance money? Seeing young people everywhere,doing what we use to do,wishing they could relate to us and wishing we could relate to them.Looking at them and already knowing they are living for all the wrong reasons,already knowing what they are thinking about,how they cant wait to be older too...
edit on 1-1-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Youth is wasted on the young. They don't know what to do with it, how to take advantage of it. It would be better if youth were given to the middle aged instead.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

lol
but if u gave youth to an old fart
he would be young
and therfore
2nd

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

We dont know what we have till its gone,nothing more and nothing less than that...

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Personally, when I was young I wanted to be older in mind and always reached to be more mature then the rest of my peers.

And now that I am older, I would like to be younger in a physical sense.

So I think thats where the difference is which makes it less of a paradox.

top topics

join