It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who can challenge Obama

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Personally I am frustrated at the current landscape of choices...The time is coming to make a choice and I am not behind any of the candidates...

Why can't we have even a Democratic candidate to challenge the incumbent Pres...The system in place to elect a new pres is so flawed, and can not reflect the views of the people.

WE need change...we were promised change and ohhh excuse me, we did get it...just not as advertised. WE got F#@ked...and never even got kissed first...at least give me a little foreplay!!!

Give me choices...not just the Party's candidate...even the Dems, don't like Obama...but they can have no other candidate...so wrong...where is choice?

Things need to change...and I mean really change, not some BS, from a one term Pres...that just might become a two term destructive force to the American dream...

sorry...I guess this turned into a rant.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Andronian

RON PAUL 2012.

He isn't the same as we have had.
He actually has values. And more importantly, he has a plan.
Not some trial and error sh!t.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Dennis Kucinich is a democrat, constitutionalist, exposing the corruption since his days in Cleveland ohio, has a beautiful wife. What more could you ask for, besides ron Paul?

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Paul/Pickens 2012
I would vote this ticket in a heartbeat...otherwise I will vote Obama again.
T. Boon Pickens, that is.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia
Dennis Kucinich is a democrat, constitutionalist, exposing the corruption since his days in Cleveland ohio, has a beautiful wife. What more could you ask for, besides ron Paul?
Democrat and Constitutionalist? Isn't that an oxymoron? I have never seen any democrat support the Constitution since Andrew Jackson.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Sorry guys you have not convinced me...Ron does have his points...and inevitably, his issues as well...and some disturbingly racial comments.

True, we all have our flaws, but Dammit!!!

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wetpaint72

Paul/Pickens 2012
I would vote this ticket in a heartbeat...otherwise I will vote Obama again.
T. Boon Pickens, that is.
Why vote for the proven scumbag again? Do a write in for Paul and Pickens if they are your choice.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

I happen to not think he is a scumbag. Though I do have some issues with Obama, as do I with Paul. But my belief is that the more we invest in energy independence, the easier it will be forPaul to implement his foreign policy plan. Boon Pickens is the only one with the meat enough to drag the republicans down that road. Otherwise IMO, Obama is the only other one even discussing this issue.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
everything Obama does is timed for political reasons...

bring our troops back...yeah right.

Kiss America good bye if he is re-elected.

And, good luck, prying my gun away from my...frigging American hands. WE will survive, but it will be a New America...one of freedom fighters and underground Militias, who believe in something that has long been forgotten by many.

The Right to be Free from Government oppression.

"Give me Liberty...or give me death!!!"

"Don't tread on me!!!"

great quotes from great men of vision.

may you find peace in your soul in 2012.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Andronian
Sorry guys you have not convinced me...Ron does have his points...and inevitably, his issues as well...and some disturbingly racial comments.

True, we all have our flaws, but Dammit!!!

OMG.
From a newsletter he knew nothing about.
Look at the facts.

Ron Pauls policies will affect the black people in a positive way the most regarding the War on Drugs.
If he was truly a racist, the race card would trump all this would not be on his agenda....ending it that is.

Quit listening to MSM. Do your own research and apply some critical thinking. You will see he is NOT a racist.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   

It's a shame that the mainstream audience doesn't check their facts.... YOU need to stop believing MSM and internet trolls.

America's only hope is Ron Paul.... all the other Republican candidates are worthless corporate sellouts... Obama is the biggest sellout that gained success at the cost of his credibility.

If you want to save America and the constitution... you vote for Ron Paul.

If you want to live like your in China you vote for Obama.

edit on 1-1-2012 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   

As much as would like to see some new faces on the democratic side of the political scene, if we were to primary the President, I'm convinced it would lead to political suicide for the democrats in the next election. Furthermore, I believe that the real cause of our problems lies within Congress and not the White House.

While I agree that there are indeed some great democratic politicians like Bernie Sanders or Alan Grayson or Elizabeth Warren who would make excellent choices for future candidates, to run one of them against Obama in this election would just divide the democratic electorate, resulting in a win for the republican party and IMO, nothing could be worse for this country than that outcome. I'd hate to even think of where we would be today if John McCain was President.

Needless to say, faced with the current field of republican clowns vying for their party's nomination, I will definitely be voting for Obama come November.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Flatfish

I agree the real problem is our congress...and we need term limits installed just as we have for our president.

we need real change in our system.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Can we quit already? Obama is outnumbered. So many non-black Americans will flood the polls this time around that he can forget about it. He was voted in the first time around on unreal expectations. As a black American, he would have to work 20 times harder than his non-black counterpart to get someone to say "he did ok". He was voted in with unreal expectations and there was no way he could deliver.

When you guys find out more about the next president, I'm gonna laugh my azz off. You see, it doesn't matter who you vote for, because it's really your space alien overlords who control the show. In short, we're all doomed anyway

I'll see you all post-apocalypse.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
RON PAUL 2012!! research, stop suckling on the corporate owned fox, cnn, msnbc tit for information

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Here is a big "WHAT IF" scenario, lets see that Obama goes the way of Lincoln and Kennedy (the people he compared himself too when he was running for POTUS) would Biden stand a chance against any of the current batch of republicans or would he win it because of the sympathy vote??

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Oh, wow.

His wife is hot.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte

Democrat and Constitutionalist? Isn't that an oxymoron? I have never seen any democrat support the Constitution since Andrew Jackson.

Geez, you are OLD!!!

However, this year you are right. It looks like Ron Paul has a chance. He is edging towards the top of the GOP and would mop the floor in the election after that (as no DNC could challenge him among their own base right now).

ETA: that is, barring an candidate that brings the "Ross Perot Effect" and waters the voting pool too much. Even then, I see Paul taking 80% or more of the popular vote.
edit on 3-1-2012 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Ron Paul unfortunately is challenging a great deal more than an Incumbent President.

I think this image starts to give an idea...

Image from What Really Happened?

edit on 3-1-2012 by Shark_Feeder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shark_Feeder
Ron Paul unfortunately is challenging a great deal more than an Incumbent President.

I think this image starts to give an idea...

Image from What Really Happened?

edit on 3-1-2012 by Shark_Feeder because: (no reason given)

i saw the Today show giving him props as "one of the three frontrunners", right before they did a 3 minute spot on Romney.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join