It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Soldiers of the world, except American soldiers,...this is for you

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Jesus is not my savior.....I am and my own spirituality.....even Jesus teaches that it's ok to lose your temper and feel rage at what to you is injustice in any pathetic form or another....I have a right to it,.....you have a right not to accompany me down my rabbit hole....because only I choose when and how I emerge from it.....you can just leave...

I am sorry if anyone was offended...but I don't care enough to apologize for expressing what I felt....I will never say sorry for being me.....I am only sorry you are offended....not as to why that is....

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by akapapasmurf

hey man......leave....it's your choice....in response to whatever thing you posted.....I wish they would have left it.....I don't get offended....you could have said it....whatever it was......censorship is lame

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 04:17 AM
link   
finally I will say this....I will no longer respond to any posts...I don't have to justify why I write something and you are no one to impose on me what you think if tasteful or not...I am free regardless of your approval of that freedom....I am free to be me and write as I please or live as I see fit.....I am here....ignore me or deal with me...I am not going anywhere.....this world is my home.....I am a part of it....and I will live in it as I see fit as best I can.....

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Come on buddy calm down
No one has really insulted your work , hey from what I can gather most like your poems
Hell I do and understand your point of view and see it as quite insightfull
But it's how it has been posted
You come across as a intelligent fairly enlightened person so surely you must see where I am coming from
You say you don't take praise well - well you don't take a bit of criticism well either
Infact in your previous topic 2 yes 2 people commented disfavour ably about the posting of that poem so you chose on this poem to state about the assault you got from rednecks !
I mean come on dude
Me personally ........
Your titles directed your treads in a soldiers direction SPECIFICLY
as a soldier I dissagree as have others
I fear you see soldiers in the ways you've described and ultimately others reading these poems may be inclined to worry, pity even fear soldiers becouse how can anyone that's been a soldier has expirienced what you say .......and f%#k they sound disturbed I better keep a safe distance or atleast tell them I know how they feel
NO I'm trying to assure you and educate you and ultimately open your mind and eyes
If no one countered your comments too many would believe them to be true for the majority when the exact opposite is the case
It was never my intention to restrict your creative expression nor to make you feel like a victim ( which is how you've made yourself sound ) merely to Show you that your feelings and experiences are quite accurate they don't apply to the vast majority
I and we appreciate your sentiment and thoughts but not the light you portray us all in

You say your currently in spain
I'm currently in andora and can hat you access to 2 combat decompression camps 1 in the south of France 1 in Cypress where returning troops get a few days in the sun there first taste of beer and other post operations briefings and a chance to reflect and blow off steam before returning to their home nation
If you would like I can try to arrange for you to attend one of these decompression camps and see first hand troops fresh out of theatre - you'd just have to get there - food and accom can be provided
Again sorry you feel like a target to unjust scrutiny but your one man
Soldiers are millions of all creeds cultures and religions and the way you portrayed us with a very wide brush was inaccurate I can't help but think get over yourself

Cheer up bud

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Neocrusader

hey man....no problem.....I am not angry and don't feel slighted actually......I´ll just leave it at that......but honestly....I wouldn't mind going to a decompression camp you speak of.....I really wouldn't....I don't want to go and like study them....If I found myself in a position to just talk to some of them and thank them I guess I could go....let me come back to you on that....if it is a real offer I might take you up on it....I have to be in the right mind set though....because in the end I wouldn't leave to do that in a selfish self growth way....but in the capacity of just someone to listen or maybe someone to just have a beer and address another and his needs....but yes thank you...that is really a kind offer and makes me think that I am not surrounded by people that are just.....well...not listening blindly....

The main reason I felt the way I did is because no one gave their version of the story....just knocked on mine.....saying things like "second line" "you insult me" are not part of the process and not likely to contribute to a good conversation we all take something from......but again I will just say it again.....I´m sorry you took it that way......I know of at least 4 others that liked it and didn't find an issue with the way I presented it....but hey thats ok....I ´m really not keeping track...that's not the point.....

I would ask something though since I was sincere in my attempt to understand something that although explained to me in countless ways....I still don't understand fully and very much feel....
Could someone anonymously just tell us your story....if you can.....because I still feel that most of it goes silent on a personal level when in reality we as a society are going through it collectively with our families and every time we reflect on our history as a people.....I still think it should be better known....and not on fox news specials or some other....hypocritical platform meant to serve an agenda in the true nature of the word.....that's all

I will take this time to just say "against my better judgment" I'm sorry if what I wrote offended some one...and I'm sorry if in my anger I only confounded the problem in communication we came across....in the end we are not enemies....I know that.....good luck to you all.....you are not alone...thank you

edit on 2-1-2012 by newyorkee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by newyorkee

I simply pointed out the BIGGEST folly in your deep thinking.
You must know if you are this angry at the US, which many American countries are oppressed by the US but you would roll all of them in the same dough.
All I have said was measure twice and cut once, or think twice speak once.
But to show err in type is not the same as speaking in err.
To speak in err, one could have been caught up in an emotional state or just misspoke.
But to err in type, just shows no forethought, so to present your "work" as an honest deep thought shows how deep one goes.
Self loathing American is evident, but to say no US soldier can feel like this is silly.
You realize that we in the US have lost quite a number of our own overseas to suicide, why is that?
Blind anger is powerful, but thought is even better especially if you "know it all".
Hope it helps

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Yes I assure you my offer is genuine
And as you can imagine these camps are frequently used so it's really a case of when your able too
I'll get the ball rolling with regards to how best to proceed ( there will be a system in place , but not my area of expertise ) hey your an up and coming poet that's worked with veterans ( well that's my selling angle )- some governments and organisations love that stuff - its all PR
I'll pm you soon with contact details for you so you can take some reassurance that I'm not setting you up to some reeducation centre that'll turn you into a Jason Bourne sleeper agent ! lol
( hey I bet someone was thinking it )
Be in touch soon

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I'm sorry to have missed out there
My story ....... The same as any's .......to long to tell to put everything relevant into the right light, context and - balence would take a lifetime ......same as anyone's
And to be honest I like my annomisity on the Internet - I've revealed more about myself on this topic alone than at any point in my life online
But to the point of something like that being posted annon
Well who knows maybe 1 day if I'm so inclined

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Neocrusader

yeah no up and comming thing.....just an american over seas that is willing......and I understand why you wouldnt post your story here....let me see when I can afford to take some time off.....can I friend request you man....just to keep in touch?

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

dude I don't even know what the HECK you are talking about anymore....go entertain yourself adequately and leave me alone.....don't just start trouble.....this conversation has nothing to do with you

"Self loathing American is evident" WHAT?¿?¿? please don't just distract us with random BS...we don't subscribe to that kind of nonsense.....grow up

I don't know why my first response to your post was removed it basically said that,......but yeah I guess it is imperative that you don't get a response from me....lol

edit on 3-1-2012 by newyorkee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Yep sure
I've moved to quieter pastures recently employment wise so expect to see me around dude

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join