It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Lai Incident....1968

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 08:15 AM
link   
My Lai Incident

Does anyone know if this is what prompted John Kerry to speak out???

TextTwo tragedies took place in 1968 in Viet Nam. One was the massacre by United States soldiers of as many as 500 unarmed civilians-- old men, women, children-- in My Lai on the morning of March 16. The other was the cover-up of that massacre.

[edit on 10-9-2004 by Tesla]

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I don't think so, But that's just my thoughts. I think Kerry went into the military only because he could not get out of it, so he joined the Navy. I think he has always held anti-military sentiments. He claimed in 1971 that he was an Internationalist who would give the UN control over US military forces abroad.

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 08:42 AM
link   
This may come to some use?
the My Lai Incident and John Kerry

seekerof

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by jrsdls
I don't think so, But that's just my thoughts. I think Kerry went into the military only because he could not get out of it, so he joined the Navy.

What do you base that on? Back then, during a time of war, men who had political ambitions usually joined. Besides, his father was a military man and diplomat. Kerry probably felt it was a duty he had.

He claimed in 1971 that he was an Internationalist who would give the UN control over US military forces abroad.

He has said a number of times that he was wrong when he said that. How many times have each of us said something when we were younger that was less than informed?

[edit on 19-09-2003 by EastCoastKid]

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid

Originally posted by jrsdls
I don't think so, But that's just my thoughts. I think Kerry went into the military only because he could not get out of it, so he joined the Navy.

What do you base that on? Back then, during a time of war, men who had political ambitions usually joined. Besides, his father was a military man and diplomat. Kerry probably felt it was a duty he had.

He claimed in 1971 that he was an Internationalist who would give the UN control over US military forces abroad.

He has said a number of times that he was wrong when he said that. How many times have each of us said something when we were younger that was less than informed?

[edit on 19-09-2003 by EastCoastKid]

ECK, my first statement was based on Kerry's own statements given to the Havard Crimson. I also remember Kerry claiming the he would only use the military if he got a "true" coalition with all members of the un. He may claim that he was wrong, but I think he still harbors those thoughts.

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 09:03 AM
link   
You're entitled to your belief.

My belief is Kerry is a better man than Bush. Kerry joined and volunteered for combat duty. He didn't have to. Bush didn't.

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 09:06 AM
link   
ECK, according to Kerry, he enlisted in the Navy only after getting his deferment to study in Paris denied. He has stated that he did not want to get drafted by the army, so he joined the Navy.

new topics

top topics

join