It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the Fifth fleet can eliminate the entire Iranian Navy in the Strait of Hormuz

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by apodictic
reply to post by Reaper2137

The Marines ARE better lol. I could lat move to the Army and not have to go through your basic training because I've already completed the toughest recruit training the military has to offer. Try lat moving to the Marines and see if you can do the same. And yes, the world does view Marines differently. We were given the name "Teuffel Hunden" (Devil Dogs) by the Germans during the battle of Belleau Wood in WWI. We took Iwo Jima, Okinawa, Guadal Canal, and Tarawa, among others in WWII. We played the biggest role in Vietnam by taking Da Nang, Hue, and Khe Sanh. We took Fallujah not once, but TWICE during both Iraq conflicts. Everyone knows the United States Marines, and you can choose to think we're not viewed differently all you want. All I know is when we're engaged, any insurgents know not to stick around and fight with the guys in the MARPAT cammies. There's a reason we have the pride that we do, there's a reason our standards are higher than yours, there's a reason we have the most recognized and well made uniform in the world, and there's a reason that we do not refer to ourselves as "ex Marines" when our service is over. It's cause we're the baddest ass mother #ing fighting force this planet has to offer and we KNOW it. Hate all you want, I don't really care to keep replying to all this off topic #.
edit on 3-1-2012 by apodictic because: (no reason given)

Than don't all you have said so far is what the marines did, not what they have become, Most ex marines I know are disgusted by the attitude and lack of discipline of the current corps, BTW a good read would be life in the emerald city, you guys were told twice to back off from Fallujah, you never retook it. As you were called off twice. Nice try there tho, this is what I was talking about, You couldn't hold a candle to your fore, fathers.

You if you are not still in are an Ex Marine, you are nothing compared to the Former marines of past wars, You just stand on the shoulders of great men and pretend you mattered like the rest of the New corps, your nothing. just like your buddy's are nothing.

Sad FACT get over it and move on! and quite whining, because that is all I see, Oh we used to be great, now we can't stop getting kicked out of country's because we can't fallow orders, logic, or common sense.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Reaper2137

u mad bro?

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by apodictic
reply to post by simples

Yeah, I agree. Most of the people who think that are the ones who haven't even had military service and seen what it's like from the inside. Our Marine Corps is cutting down, too. If anything the Army should cut down and they should train more Marines. It's getting pathetic.

I agree on the better training for the army. However, They do a pretty good job when they are out in battle formations. They rolled up into Baghdad pretty quick and it would have been quicker if the sand storm from hell did not slow them down. I know the Marines had to fight through more but hey that's what they are for.

The army has always been a blunt 50 pound hammer but the Marines are our nations 9/11 force that never gives up. The Brits may have better overall training but they have a lot less to deal with. The fact that the Brits had to call in our tanks to penetrate Basra says it all.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Patriotsrevenge
The Brits may have better overall training but they have a lot less to deal with. The fact that the Brits had to call in our tanks to penetrate Basra says it all.

Huh? You make it sound like we couldn't do a job and called you! Nice attempt at spin.

Attached to the UK forces in Operation telic was the 15th MEU, which is a brigade sized US Marine unit. You're honestly expecting us to believe that the British, who had an Armoured division and a Mech Inf division in place at the time, called in US Marines and their Abrams to take the place of Challengers?

Trust me, if a Challenger can't do a job, then an Abrams certainly can't, which is leading me to think your blowing hot air or really embellishing on something that did happen.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Patriotsrevenge

Yep totally agree don't get confused why American tanks got called in, it was just a back up and to get you in on it.

Don't forget the British have the best main battle tank in the world the challenger 2.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join