It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the Fifth fleet can eliminate the entire Iranian Navy in the Strait of Hormuz

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by apodictic
reply to post by Reaper2137

You're whining about my opinion when all you're doing is giving your own.

Marines strike hard and fast, and then the Army can have our left overs and hold the position with their massive numbers. That's all it comes down to.

I'm just fine being up here on my "high horse" (pride of tradition) and being part of the most feared military force on the entire planet. Thanks for your input though. If Marines and the Army were any where near being similar, we wouldn't need to have separate branches, would we?

Carry on.

Edit to add: Embassy duty (along with recruiting) is a B billet secondary MOS. Not a permanent job, so I'd suggest keeping your ignorance to yourself, otherwise you're just made out to look like an even bigger fool. No wonder the President chooses to have Marines guard the white house.

Your jealousy is showing.

“The more Marines I have around, the better I like it!” – General Mark Clark, US Army
edit on 2-1-2012 by apodictic because: (no reason given)

No I think I sated fact, that you confused with opinion, also the whole president thing, if I remember correctly were the marines not shamed by the president for not showing up during an emergency drill when needed?

The marines guarding the Embassy's are always marines are they not? the army doesn't do it does it? it is also in your operational scope regardless of weather or not its connected to an mos, now who is showing their ignorance?

Every thing I said was true, and instead of proving me wrong you throw up more bravado nothing more. Thanks for confirming every thing I said.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   

I'm not even sure WHAT you're trying to prove. You're whining because my opinion (which is actually fact) is that Marine training is superior to Army training. Marines react better in combat situations. That's a fact from MY experience. Yours might be different from your experience. I'm just stating what I've seen first hand. If you care to share any first hand experiences of Marines acting out of hand, by all means, feel free. I never once said the entire Army sucks. Just the guys I've seen.
edit on 3-1-2012 by apodictic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   
The OP is correct in his summation of events should they transpire. The Iranian Navy is a freaking joke,as is their entire military, they will be completely destroyed if they attempt to shut the Straight of Hormuz. I know there are bleeding heart terrorist sympathizers here that wish it would be otherwise. However, Persians and Arabs both suck at warfare they just cannot fight. They are the world's biggest losers. You have to go back to Saladin(who was a Kurd by the way) to find any Middle Eastern army that could actually do anything besides die. This whole topic is irritating. Iran is a Third World nation, Islam is a religion dedicated to Satan. Political Correctness aside,I find it entertaining to see all of these Western apologists claim otherwise. Muslims do not care about you just because you talk smack about the West or Jews or Christianity. If they ruled you would meet the same fate as other infidels. I find this the most amusing. If you really think Islam and Iran are so peaceful go live there and see what happens to you if you don't convert to their religion. Maybe you can ask a Coptic Christian in Egypt on your way there. Winston Churchill warned about Islam many moons ago. Back to the point about military prowess no nation in the Middle East has any;and why do think its such a popular past-time for them to strap on bombs and go boom?
That is the only way they can kill. They suck at fighting so they talk their more brain-dead brothers and sisters into strapping on bombs(at least this removes them from the gene pool). No, Iran cannot face the West in military confrontation, they couldn't even overcome Iraq in that war. Their strategy was,much like the Chinese in Korea,to send human wave attacks into machine gun fire. Israel could nullify Iran on its own, they do not need America's help.
edit on 3-1-2012 by irontyrant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by tamusan

Neither Russia or China will do anything besides whine. They know their respective positions on the world stage. All of the headlines you have seen are propaganda for internal consumption. Both of those nations abhor Islam as much as the West does. The only reason they talk smack is to counter America's dominance on the the world stage. Militarily China is a strategic joke. They have no strategic lift capability so their reach is rather limited. Their nuclear weapons are also old school, they keep the warheads and missiles separated;the CEP for their missiles is from the stone age. Russia on the other hand is much more formidable but their real enemy is China not America.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 02:55 AM
link   
You know the only reason you war craving deluded brats are babeling so easily and joyfully about war is,because you assume you always be safe in your heaven protected la la lands.............The truth hits you hard when you have your power and water cut for a couple of days , while Russian missiles are hitting the crap out of your towns....................Then you will think twice before even thinking of dominating another civilization or yapping your mouth so loud..........In case of the big WAR,,no one will be compeletly safe NO ONE,,,,,,..Try to get that in your talking heads before its too late................the rest of the people in the world are not as hopeless , aggressive and foolish as you are!..........

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by shapur

Really? Your post is frothing with aggression. Russian missiles will not be raining down anywhere. Russia is having enough trouble keeping its boomer subs from catching on fire, this last incident is just a another one in a long line of submarine mishaps. Besides,America likes Russia. Russia knows how to kill terrorists, Chechnyia is pure Russian terrorist spank. Russians do not bide radical Islam more than any other nation. They understand it to be the world's cancer and they will act accordingly. Make no mistake if confrontation erupts in the Persian Gulf, neither Russia or China will get involved.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by apodictic

I'm not even sure WHAT you're trying to prove. You're whining because my opinion (which is actually fact) is that Marine training is superior to Army training. Marines react better in combat situations. That's a fact from MY experience. Yours might be different from your experience. I'm just stating what I've seen first hand. If you care to share any first hand experiences of Marines acting out of hand, by all means, feel free. I never once said the entire Army sucks. Just the guys I've seen.

The entire time I've only been saying that the marine corps is not better or worse than any other branch, to wit all you have been saying is nu-uh nu-uh while plugging your ears and shaking your head.

I've proven that the Marine Corps has committed more War crimes than any other branch, that they were kicked out of Afghanistan and that they do not act any better or worse than any other combat unit in country. They can be just as lazy if not more so than any one else. To wit you say its opinion even tho a simple Google or Bing search will prove other wise.

I have shared my combat experience when I've said that I've seen first hand Marines lock and load in compound instead of going out the gate, even to the point of having a weapon discharge while being aimed at other units. Like most things its sweep it under the rug.

I've seen Marines get killed bunched together, like I've seen army get killed by bunching together. Its nothing special with the exception it could have been avoided. The fact that you keep plugging your ears and shaking your head no doesn't change the fact.

The Marine corps doesn't suck either but that doesn't mean its the best out there. Remember the National Guard was banned from combat operations due to them turning tail and running during the forgotten war. Yet now they have some of the most highly decorated units of U.S military history not to mention some of the best operational Records in both Iraq and Afghanistan.

It just shows its not the force that make it them the best its the men. The dedication shown by said men make a unit good or not, not the name they choose to call them self's when the Marine corps can show that they aren't elitist self entitled people will, I recant what I said. I just don't see that happening any time soon.

The rest of the world doesn't see the Marine Corps as any different as the army, they are all refereed to as American Military forces, our Victory's are what make us when one branch or man screws up, it leaves an impact on the entire force. That is the reason the marines were kicked out of Afghanistan once Soldier didn't know what the frak he was doing and got killed his buddy's killed a lot of people because of one soldiers stupidity. The Army was responsible for Abu Ghraib in witch case they killed and tortured many people. The world didn't see it as an Army and Marine corps screw up they saw it as an American Military screw up.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 03:49 AM
link   

The Army's enlistment standards are much lower than the Marine Corps. You can be a felon or a moron and still be enlisted with a waiver. The Army's PFT is also much easier. I can score nearly perfect and I'm a civilian. I couldn't in the Marine Corps'. I'd have to go to a Pork Chop Platoon.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by irontyrant

The Army's enlistment standards are much lower than the Marine Corps. You can be a felon or a moron and still be enlisted with a waiver. The Army's PFT is also much easier. I can score nearly perfect and I'm a civilian. I couldn't in the Marine Corps'. I'd have to go to a Pork Chop Platoon.

Aside from the enlistment standards the army is more willing to give people a second chance than the Marine corps. I'm more referring to the Marine corps elitist attitude more than any thing else. Also the fact of the points in my last post that according to operational records they are really not better or worse than any other branch.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   

If by giving people a second chance, you mean lower standards, than I agree with you. The Army aims pretty low when it looks for cannon fodder. On the other hand, the Marine Corps is elite, hence the elitist attitude. While the Army does have elite units the entire Marine Corps is elite. Marine basic training produces better marksman than Army basic training. You have to start looking at units like the Rangers to get similar levels of competency in the Army that regular Marine Infantry have.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by irontyrant

If by giving people a second chance, you mean lower standards, than I agree with you. The Army aims pretty low when it looks for cannon fodder. On the other hand, the Marine Corps is elite, hence the elitist attitude. While the Army does have elite units the entire Marine Corps is elite. Marine basic training produces better marksman than Army basic training. You have to start looking at units like the Rangers to get similar levels of competency in the Army that regular Marine Infantry have.

Not really, any one in all three branches and sub branches of the Army, I/E the reserves and national guard. All have pretty good firing records as well as occupying spots on the Presidents 100. Not the entire marine corps is elite, and Marine basic training does nothing more than make people who are incapable of thinking on their feet. I.E using logic or common sense.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Well Iron tyrant,,, I am not aggressive at all. i am just plain pissed off because i have experienced war first hand. and believe me it aint pretty at all my friend..............friends remain friends for as long as they are profitable and useful for each other....................what would you do if Russia attacks Mexico or Israel for no logical reason?...,,,,.....you dont have to really like their religion or idealogy to react......Politic is ruthlessly harsh.....someones friend today can be his worse enemy tomorrow........we can never say for sure who is our friend and who's not..... only time can reveal that to us. Peace.......

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Wake up and befriend America rather than comparing yourselves to the sun. The iPod and all the songs on it, are the result of the greatest nation on Earth, and that is the USA. Face reality friend.

I am so sick and tired of reading this type of arrogance on here!

Everyday i visit the site, and everyday i see the exact same thing proclaimed here.

I can understand your patriotism, but is it really necessary to shout it from the rooftops!? It is this type of statements, that make it very difficult to engage in a proper unbiased discussion, concerning America or what it is doing.

VVV

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   

The Marines ARE better lol. I could lat move to the Army and not have to go through your basic training because I've already completed the toughest recruit training the military has to offer. Try lat moving to the Marines and see if you can do the same. And yes, the world does view Marines differently. We were given the name "Teuffel Hunden" (Devil Dogs) by the Germans during the battle of Belleau Wood in WWI. We took Iwo Jima, Okinawa, Guadal Canal, and Tarawa, among others in WWII. We played the biggest role in Vietnam by taking Da Nang, Hue, and Khe Sanh. We took Fallujah not once, but TWICE during both Iraq conflicts. Everyone knows the United States Marines, and you can choose to think we're not viewed differently all you want. All I know is when we're engaged, any insurgents know not to stick around and fight with the guys in the MARPAT cammies. There's a reason we have the pride that we do, there's a reason our standards are higher than yours, there's a reason we have the most recognized and well made uniform in the world, and there's a reason that we do not refer to ourselves as "ex Marines" when our service is over. It's cause we're the baddest ass mother #ing fighting force this planet has to offer and we KNOW it. Hate all you want, I don't really care to keep replying to all this off topic #.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
youtu.be...

Nuff said....

Haze Gray, and it's on the way......

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by irontyrant

Amen, brother.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

Wake up and befriend America rather than comparing yourselves to the sun. The iPod and all the songs on it, are the result of the greatest nation on Earth, and that is the USA. Face reality friend.

I am so sick and tired of reading this type of arrogance on here!

Everyday i visit the site, and everyday i see the exact same thing proclaimed here.

I can understand your patriotism, but is it really necessary to shout it from the rooftops!? It is this type of statements, that make it very difficult to engage in a proper unbiased discussion, concerning America or what it is doing.

VVV

Not really. We're the youngest country but that makes us cool. Yes we do have scumbags running the show, very entrenched yes, but what country is not run by scumbags and thieves. Every nation has that disease.

But America, well, we've got the upside potential because of our totally cool attitude about freedom. Of course, we don't have freedom anymore, and we're being robbed by our leaders, but that's temporary.

As for the iPod, yeah yeah let's say a buncha scientists invented it outside America. Fine. Apple products are crap anyway imo. So it's like even our second place junk (Apple stuff) is still way better than what other people produce. But again, people like Steve Jobs and Bill Gates really do fluff themselves up. They're really not important.

Anyway, the point is, Iran's women are herded like cattle, whereas the USA is proud of our bikini clad sexy ladies. So it's clear who should rule the coastlines of the world, and that's the nation who supports bikinis, not some stupid crap like a burqa ffs. Iran even had a really modern period during the Shah in the 50's but then they went with the wacko super-mullahs and the burqa. Lame.

Don't hate America bro, even Americans know it's totally screwed up and run by thieves and bums. But when freedom actually takes root on Earth, the good old USA will be fighting on the side of good. I mean really, does anyone think Iran represents FREEDOM of any kind at all? That is an absurd notion.

No matter how bad our leaders are, and these ones today are some of the worst, we are still representing freedom. As KGB defector Yuri Bezmenoff said "America is the last free country on Earth. If this goes, everything goes with it." ...But then, some people would be happier in an Islamist Fascist Dictatorship. There is nothing worse on Earth than religious enslavement of a people as per the Mohammedan Fascists.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by simples
reply to post by apodictic

Look don't get me wrong America is a powerfull country and I for one wouldn't like to go to war with you....

Freudian slip there, probably shouldve said "go to war AGAINST you"

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by idmonster

how do you know i didnt mean it like i wrote it?

cheers lol

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by idmonster

You reminded me of this

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join