It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California law turns up heat on labor conditions

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by EndGovtCorruption

As Kalifornia goes, so goes the rest of the USA? California is full of nutty liberals who believe that man is causing all the global warming and that we must worship GAIA because we humans are parasites. They are also the first state to teeter on bankruptcy due to the number of illegals invading and using up state resources, among other things.

Maybe the illegals can just go to all the Hollywood liberals and demand 60% of their pay from the movies they make. Where is Occupy Hollywood?

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by sparky8580

Thats all very well and nice to want to bring back the jobs to the USA....except how many Americans are prepared to do those jobs for minimal wage and are the American consumers prepared to pay 400%+ more on American manufactured products? Can they afford the much higher prices?

Whats the bet all these products will be shipped in to other states as a back door then moved to California? There are plenty of loopholes and I can think of many to get around the California laws.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by sparky8580
I say that they should bring all the jobs they have over sea's back to america, so we the people can have jobs. If not then they are just greedy bastards that want our money, I think that it should be a law in every state.

It's not that easy. Companies move overseas to avoid excessive taxation and other legislation designed to cripple private industry. We have to get rid of excessive taxes and regulations not increase them. OWS has it bass ackwards. Totalitarians are trying so hard to rule all our lives every aspectd of it. It is a miserable failure. They think they can legislate morality.
This is the true meaning of the Nanny State. I recommend reading Jonah Goldberg's book "Liberal Fascism" to understand it and it's origins in the Progressive movement at the turn of the century. The Wilson Presidency is the first one to implement truly fascistic policies in the US and Progressives in general embraced fascism when it reared its ugly head in the early part of the century. Hitler is said to have gotten his ideas on eugenics from American progressives.

This is really an inconvenient truth and progressives today like to distance themselves from it but Nanny Statism is an attempt to control everyone in every way they can. This is why I laugh at people who think it's all just about the Police State and evil cops beating people up with mace cans. It is so much more diabolical than that. The Police State is just the enforcing arm of the Totalitarian State but it starts with the governing branch of the State.
edit on 1-1-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by sparky8580

Thats all very well and nice to want to bring back the jobs to the USA....except how many Americans are prepared to do those jobs for minimal wage and are the American consumers prepared to pay 400%+ more on American manufactured products? Can they afford the much higher prices?

Whats the bet all these products will be shipped in to other states as a back door then moved to California? There are plenty of loopholes and I can think of many to get around the California laws.

Japan has had a thriving economy and they are very protectionist. They buy all their own product even if they pay a higher price. Or at least they did anyway till the Fukushima disaster.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

You'll be surprised how much of Japanese junk is imported in to Japan from China then re-packaged for export!

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

It always come down to price in the end.

If I was on the market for a 60L washing machine, I could choose between Australian made for $1800 (which parts are from China and has been assembled here) or a Japanese model for $600. No difference in quality. Which one am I going to buy?

The last of my best buys was 28 years ago. I brought an American fully manufactured and assembled baking mixer 28 years ago, weighs a ton and is still in excellant condition today. Today's same model that is still being manufactured - but now in China - would die after 5 years.

I prefer to pay for quality but unfortunately those days are gone. If the parts are made in China and assembled in the USA, you are going to pay 5+ times the price than if it was just fully assembled in China.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

Yes, I understand what you are saying. Planned obsolescence has ruined the building of good quality products that last a long time.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5

You'll be surprised how much of Japanese junk is imported in to Japan from China then re-packaged for export!

Surprise me, with a source.

Please

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   

they want to keep plants over seas because they can sell it for a lower price over here. So ... if they bring back the plants to America they have to raise the price. I say so., all they want is money, if they can't lower the price then they have no thought for the people and they are going to take hugh cuts in their revenue. I say don't pay your people in high places as much. I don't think CEO's and VP's and etc. can live off what they pay their workers down the chain. I say make them live a year on what they pay their people. then they can afford to move the plants back to america.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join