It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My New Year Encounter (First Official Post From Yours Truly)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Hello fellow ATS members. Today I have something to tell you all about that I have just barely experienced today. Now be aware that I don't have any photos or videos to backup my following claim and to what plots I'm about to unveil were all visually experienced through my eyes only. Also, I currently do not know anybody else who might have seen what I could have saw.

So it all began around 6:30 here in Phoenix, AZ. My mother, friend, and I were riding back to my home from some quick shopping for fireworks and some pick-me-up groceries. Now to be clear, the encounter happened as I was in the car, moving. So that makes my case hard to determine whether the object was moving in a fast or slow pace in the the sky. Moving on, we were heading down the main road were traffic was not that bad, for today at least. I was riding in a BMW 3251 1989 model WITH THE HOOD DOWN.

So here were the encounter begins. As I'm looking slightly up in the sky, I noticed some stars and planes going about in there paths. As I'm looking, I caught one object from the side of my line of sight. Now again, due to the car moving, it remains hard for me to determine it's speed. But I do know that it was moving opposite in the direction the car was moving and that it did not blink any red or green lights at all like normal airplanes or jets. So I decide to finally take a full look at it with full attention. But here's were it gets really twisted...

At that very moment, the object... jumped to lightspeed! When I looked at the object, all I saw from there was a VERY long trail of light going past my head and after a second of looking... disappeared. Gone. Vanquished. Nothing to be left behind.

I knew it was pointless to ask my mom and friend if they saw it too, since they were talking of unimportant conversation and looking straight at the road. Figures. Since then, I have been silent about the encounter til' now.

So what do you think ATS? UFO, comet, or something else?

By the way, Happy New Year!

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by ShadowScript

nice. i also witnessed one myself on thursday. the light moved from right to left about twice then suddenly took off and vanished.
ever since thursday iv'e been paying more attention to the UFO forums here on ATS. i mentioned it to a few people what i saw but they care not.

only people that'll listen to me are the people here on ATS, so i also made a thread on it.

edit:btw happy new years to you too.
the yr iv'e been waiting for.
edit on 1-1-2012 by OUTofSTEPwithTHEworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Why hello, I decided to make an account just so i could respond to your post. I was checking out ATS to see if anyone had witnessed the same thing and well you have! I was traveling north on the 202 headed to Tempe AZ at about 8:00pm I saw this bright glowing light also i could see stars and airplanes, it was neither. It trailed for a bit, and then poof it was gone.

Happy New Year!
They're here!
edit on 1-1-2012 by jamdoe because: add ETA

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   
hmm just this is strange that all these red lights are in the sky everywhere... all of these videos were posted today between the hours of 8PM and 1AM sorry for jacking your post
I did a search for UFO on youtube and had the results sorted by upload date.. came up with all these that look at lot alike

Poland
www.youtube.com...

Canada
www.youtube.com...

Amsterdam
www.youtube.com...

Russia
www.youtube.com...

USA (Florida)
www.youtube.com...

edit on 1-1-2012 by tetrabyte because: added one more

edit on 1-1-2012 by tetrabyte because: oops

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 04:47 AM
link   
I also saw something tonight between 8:10 and 8:20 PM, in the Scottsdale/phoenix area. I was doing my job at the Safeway outside when I happened to look up at the night sky, for about 1.5 to 2 seconds a half circle bright green light with a very small tail and slightly whitish inside the green area. I could just make out some type of structure or fullness behind the greenish half circle that was a bit lighter(darker?)in color than the night sky. It was moving in a North-East direction in a straight line and seemed to be fairly low and going at a pretty good clip.
edit on 1-1-2012 by johnthejedi24 because: Added something

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   

i believe this is what we saw. i wish i could be more descriptive in my posts, but yes it was green! glad someone saw the same thing at the same time.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowScript

At that very moment, the object... jumped to lightspeed! When I looked at the object, all I saw from there was a VERY long trail of light going past my head and after a second of looking... disappeared. Gone. Vanquished. Nothing to be left behind.

I'm sorry but you lost all credibilty at this point,I'm not saying that lightspeed travel isn't possible (who am I to know this sort of thing?),but as soon as the Star Wars references are thrown in,the believability factor just dwindles away to nothing.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Imagewerx

credibility? psssh read what he said. your claims for credibility arnt welcome.

There has been a vast amount of sightings of this specific type of UFO recently it would seem

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by tetrabyte

post by tetrabyte
I did a search for UFO on youtube and had the results sorted by upload date.. came up with all these that look at lot alike

That's because they are all lanterns .... it was New Years eve .
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mandrakerealmz

credibility? psssh read what he said. your claims for credibility arnt welcome.

There has been a vast amount of sightings of this specific type of UFO recently it would seem

I take it you speak for everyone on here that my claims aren't welcome? I read every single word and thank you for inviting me to read it again,but it's still got the same words in it as when I read it the first time.
Like every one else in the world who frequents UFO forums,I crave the ultimate proof that even just one UFO sighting out of the countless millions can be proved by empirical evidence to be NOT terrestrial in origin.Because of the time the year and the high numbers of similar sightings that are proven to be terrestrial in origin,I don't get that in this case.
At least you didn't call me a troll,which sadly seems to be the most common way to deal with someone now who has an opinion that doesn't agree with their own

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   
I have seen some crazy stuff out off my deck. Unbelievable things. so much so, I bought a telescope so that I could get a closer look. Trouble was my eyes aren't that great, so I really couldn't see out of the tele. Swear to god one time there was about 8 ufos coming over some hills that are visible from my deck, I called my sister in Colorado because it was so freaking incredible I had to tell someone. Next thing that happened was there were military jets that flew right over my house, I was on the phone with my sister, they were flying so low that she heard them. it was very exciting.

But the craziest thing I have ever seen is a friggin spaceship and I kid you not! So I am out on my deck one night(mind you, I was going out a lot at this time because I was seeing a lot of lights and activity that I previously described. that and the fact that I smoke
. Anyway...I was outside smoking a cig and looking at the sky, out of freaking nowhere this spaceship appears. Very low, it was disc shaped and had these strobbing lights that ran the circumference of the ship, well, from th side I could see. They strobbed red, yellow,blue, and green, if I am remembering correctly, the colors anyway. I was just frozen and in awe. I didn't want to go get a camera because I did not want to miss one moment of the experience. I remember just standing there, literally with my mouth open. I understand now people who speak of sightings, and others want them to prove up. Unless you experience something of duration or are equipped with a camera et al, you just want to experience what is happeneing during those moments. I could give a darn if anyone ever believed me, I experienced something LIFE changing for me. And it didn't shoot off at light speed or anything like that, it left the same way it appeared, it just disappeared, like it came from some other dimension. It has been from that point on, and it has been a little over two years, that I know we are being lied to about where we come from and what the heck we are here for. Anyway, that is my story.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

The only reason I made the Star Wars reference was because it's the closest way I could describe what the object must have did after I tried to get a full look at it. Please don't let my words deceive you that my encounter is false. There's a purpose why I reported it on ATS first and not anyone else.

That purpose: to see if anyone else around AZ had seen it at the same time. If they did, they would most defiantly say the same thing happened when they saw it.

edit on 1-1-2012 by ShadowScript because: No reason.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

So the OP used the wrong terminology. and you decide because he is not an expert in the terminology and is improperly using terms in order to explain what he saw that he must therefor not be credible. No, it probably didn't go to 'lightspeed', but it's quite likely that after a lifetime of the only education about alien travel being flying saucers, Star Wars and Star Trek, that he's using the only terms he knows from those sources to describe the appearance of what he saw. What that tells you is not that he's fake or not credible, but that he's not an expert in this. He's a regular guy having a sighting. Regular guys having sightings and describing it as best they can are more credible to me than 'professional' sighters who are most likely faking things.
edit on 1-1-2012 by errihu because: I read more into the OP's ufo experience or lack thereof than was in the actual post. Edited to clarify.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   

I believe what you saw was actually a fireball (meteor) related to the meteor shiower that occured that evening and the next. I only say this because I saw the same type of thing myself later that night, ( I also live in Phoenix). Around midnight that night or maybe a little later, I was standing outside my front door hoping to see some of the lightshow that had been promised for that might and the next. I didn't see much going on so after about 10 minutes or so I turned to my left meaning to go back inside when I suddenly caught sight of a bright star-like lght that was moving from my left to my right, (NW to NE),suddenly, after just a few seconds, the thing just errupted into this long trailing fireball, (sort of greenish-white in color) that sped across my field of vision at what appeared to be only a few thousand feet above me. It was very bright and made not a single sound but it was pretty spectaular, to say the least. The whole experience lasted maybe a total of 15 to 20 seconds.

I have seen fireballs and extra bright meteors around 4 or 5 other times in my life so I while I would have loved to believe it was a UFO or space ship I instantly knew what it was. BTW I live about five miles from Sky Harbor airport, just off of E Indian School Rd and 7th St. Hope this helps to explain what you saw. Peace.

Edited to add: I understand your use of the phrase Light Speed because in my case that fireball looked very much like a cgi shot from a movie where the ship goes into lightspeed or warp leaving this long tail behind it. Cheers. LS
edit on 1/1/2012 by lightseeker because: typo

edit on 1/1/2012 by lightseeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   

My apologies for being so quick to dismiss your sighting based on the use of a Hollywood special effect as the only way to describe it.I guess it worked though,it got the message across so hope it does the trick.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

I live in Pennsylvania and saw something similar a few nights ago. I was standing outside while talking on the phone and saw a bright blue light almost straight above me. Instead of flying across the sky though, this shot almost straight up until it vanished from sight. If I would have blinked, it would have looked like it just vanished; whatever it was, it moved at a speed that is beyond my understanding. I feel that your "jumped to lightspeed" is a good way of describing the event.Whatever people are seeing, they are way too fast to be man-made.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   

These things can move faster than you can perceive thats why they appear to vanish.
When they do their classic zig zag you dont see the motion but you can see the after image left on your retina.
The UFO is quicker than the eye.
Many of these "extraterrestrial" UFOs are man made.
edit on 1-1-2012 by mwuhi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Most things that have a tail and go in a straight line are meteors.
Unless you see something less than a mile away and make out some details there is no telling what it is.
If it makes a sharp turn then its not a meteor.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by mwuhi

These things can move faster than you can perceive thats why they appear to vanish.
When they do their classic zig zag you dont see the motion but you can see the after image left on your retina.
The UFO is quicker than the eye.
Many of these "extraterrestrial" UFOs are man made.
edit on 1-1-2012 by mwuhi because: (no reason given)

Thank you for sharing your information with me. Now that I'm aware, I'll be able to retain a newer sense of vision if I do see a similar sighting again.

And I agree, many of the UFOs we see in our skies are man made. But because we don't know that it is legitimate and seems to be the case most of time, our encounters could be mixed with actual extraterrestrial craft. However, I personally see that you are correct that we do have man made anti-gravity vehicles in the skies above us and that they do have extraordinary abilities that are literally 'out of this world'.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Yes I agree,why not just sign your name Luke Skywalker.It makes you feel like a fool for being sucked in.
Why we turn a blind eye to this fraud is a question that must fly on the wind.
edit on 1-1-2012 by paperface because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join