It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Introduction

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   
I haven't done one yet so I guess I had better do an Introduction. I'm not sure of the usual protocol but hey I'm gonna make up as I go along.

I am a software developer from London UK, Currently living in Japan (for work reasons), I am a major skeptic, I question far too much and it gets me in trouble, alot. I believe in aliens of sort, I believe that planet earth is not the only planet to harbor life, its probably not the only planet to harbor intelligent life, In fact I would argue that if there are other intelligent life forms out there the reason we haven't noticed them is because were not intelligent (as a race). They likely take one look at this end of the galaxy and see war conspiracy closed source technology and think why bother with them,

I am a huge advocate of an open source society, if somethings important, anyone wishing to know whats going should have free access to all the facts. People shouldn't have to conspire about their governments, people shouldn't have to hack lockhead martin to find out about the latest drag co-efficiency avoidance techniques, science and technology should be used for the good of human kind and should be available to anyone genuinely interested in improving life.

I am not a fan of capitalism, communism or any other ism to be honest. I'm not a huge fan of democracy either, because majority rule isn't always the right thing, and if you have ever voted in the UK you will know what I mean. I am a fan of technocracy however, I think a society governed by the people most qualified to govern that area is a fine idea. For example the current minister for welfare and pensions is a multi millionaire born into privilege so has no concept of what the welfare even means. I have no concept of what it's like to live on £80 GBP per fortnight so I'm pretty sure he doesn't.

I have many theories about 9/11 none of which involve terrorists or planes or jews for that matter either. I believe false flag terrorism has happened in the past and we are not likely to see an end to it any time soon.

I think modern media is absolute twatting bollox. Nothing but propaganda, half truth and complete fabrications. I think people like Alex Jones and Adam Kokesh are a little bit fanatic for my liking and wish there was just a plain and simple news network that wasn't sponsored by coca cola or militant as hell. If anyone knows of a completely neutral unbiased news network please let me know.

Chem trails I'm on the fence with. I must say I have not read too much into them but I am perfectly willing to consider the notion that our governments have agendas they wish to impose on us via chemical poisoning, however just because I wouldn't put it past them, does not account to proof. I do like everything I believe in to be independently verifiable. As for HARRP again I don't doubt a motive or technology but meh, that's not gospel.

I am a militant atheist and anti-religion. I think the very idea of religion mirrors are own hierarchal system of power and wealth and most monotheistic forms of religion have been set up to aid said system.

I'm am sick to death of hearing how Ron Paul is going to change the world and give America back to the Americans, one it never belonged to you in the first place you stole and your actually British people (yet I still can't get a f**cking visa and I'm British too) and two Ron Paul is no different to any other bible bashing pawn figure head who stepped into the oval office. If he manages to get into the oval office and if they don't put someone on a grassy knol near him soon after his inauguration, then he will just be another failed president for the men behind the curtain to point your blame at after hes gone.

Well that's me I guess. Sorry if its not the usual way people introduce themselves but I mean no harm, just wanna come chat and hopefully offer some mental bubblegum for you all to chew over. Thanks.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Xwant2believeX

Hi X,

I am a staunch Jesus believer.

Welcome.

Probably we have different views.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Dear Xwant2believeX,

I am a Christian; but, welcome. Soon one of the ATS moderators will come and tell you some of the rules. In the meantime, I like the fact that you told us where you are coming from. ATS is a nice place to get other people's views. Peace.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   

I'm am sick to death of hearing how Ron Paul is going to change the world and give America back to the Americans, one it never belonged to you in the first place you stole and your actually British people

If there is any thing that Americans don't like to hear, it is that

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Nice introduction! Have fun here!

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   
What do flags mean here? Are people voting it inappropriate?

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Flags and stars are like a lot of things - worthless.

Don't worry about flags and stars - they are not real.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   
OK that doesn't really answer my question, Avoidance.

Anywho, Nice site btw, from a software developer perceptive, nice design, interesting features, done in PHP so kudos for that and some nifty little features I have not yet had chance to play with.

Kudos++ to the developers and designers!

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Mate,

I have flagged your thread.

What that means to me is you are a mate.

Even though we differ - and that is the nice thing about this site.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknowsplusone

Mate,

I have flagged your thread.

Does that mean, Ive flagged this for your anti-Christian views and that violates TOS but its of 1st amendment and all that.

Or have I misunderstood your definition of flags?
Is it something you can only know if your higher up?

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Ha! I flagged your thread because I like the content of your post!
If this thread were anything other than an introduction, I would have given you a star as well!

Welcome! ATS is indeed a cool site, with almost endless links and goodies. It's a place I like to escape the mundane duties of my life, and creep into the into the minds of strange and unusual, and common people. No strings attached!

See ya on the boards!

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

What do flags mean here?

Flags are good thing's. The more flags a thread gets, the better.

Anyway welcome to the site. Hope you enjoy it here.

top topics

join