It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IDF bracing for all 'post-Assad' scenarios in Syria

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Israel is getting "ready" for the Syrian problem to possibly enter Israel.

They are even "preparing" for non-terrorist civilians to attack.
(this is emphasized more than one time in the article .. at the beginning and at the end)

They seem pretty certain that Assad will fall soon.

The IDF may soon face assaults from Syrian civilians who may not be military in nature, but perhaps just regular "refugees".

Israel says it has not noticed any buildup along its' border with Syria.

A bit ironic too is the picture (in the article) of a smiling Assad waving to what appears to be thousands of supporters !

What will Israel do with non-terrorist civilians who are captured ?

Published 03:27 01.01.12
Latest update 03:27 01.01.12
Haaretz
IDF bracing for all 'post-Assad' scenarios in Syria

Military also preparing for possible attack in Golan Heights on Israeli targets by Syrian civilians, without any real involvement of terrorist groups.

The IDF is preparing for the disintegration of President Bashar Assad's regime in Syria and taking steps that include stepping up situation assessment efforts and making necessary adjustments in scenarios for which the army must prepare on the northern front.

Last week it was reported that the number of soldiers who have deserted the Syrian army passed the 10,000 mark. This news follows related developments, such as the high number of Syrian draftees who are failing to show up for their military service, as signs of the regime's collapse in the near future.

At the same time, in monitoring events along Israel's border with Syria, the IDF has not seen any signs of a change in the deployment of Syrian forces near the frontier. Despite sightings of refugees attempting to flee Syria, primarily toward Turkey and Lebanon, there have been no attempts by refugees to flee to Israeli territory.

The IDF is also preparing for a possible attack in the Golan Heights on Israeli targets by Syrian civilians, without any real involvement of terrorist groups.

Is Israel ready for a multiple front conflict ?

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

That is a very good question.

In my opinion, I don't think they're ready, but I bet they think they're ready.

They act pretty brave at times, especially with all that American back up.

"Mess with me my big brother will beat you up
"

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

I think they are "not quite ready" yet. but they're getting closer !

I also think they are buttering up the public of possible supporter nations, as well as the politician base in supporting nations.

Israel might need more help for the coming conflicts.

There is a stronger element that "has their number" !

Many people think Israel can just pick up the hotline phone to God, and all will be taken care of.

But with today's communications, that old hotline is no longer a "local call" for just Israel.

Other countries have the hotline too !

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Looks like Israel is wanting to bomb Syria into the ground and steal as much land as they can.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

That is a very good question.

In my opinion, I don't think they're ready, but I bet they think they're ready.

They act pretty brave at times, especially with all that American back up.

"Mess with me my big brother will beat you up
"

I think they are, in terms of unusally dirty tactics and unforseen consequences yet to be determined.
a victory in a multifront war against syria, hezbollah and iran wouldn't be out of the question if they made all the right moves.
if they REALLY wanted to they could unleash the crapstorm themselves, should they, no because eventually it will come back their way.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   

I doubt Assad will be defated yet

Unless they call in some mercenaries like they did in Libya.
Unless if they havent that already.
edit on 2-1-2012 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

I personally think the mercenaries are already there in full force disguised as pro Assad snipers.

Syria's military has withdrawn from residential areas and is on the outskirts of the country's cities, but gunfire continues and snipers are still a threat, Arab League Secretary General Nabil Elaraby said on Monday.

af.reuters.com...

Remind you of Libya at all?

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
But But But But But.......

Israeli Defense Minister Ehud Barak told the Knesset Foreign Affairs and Defense Committee that Assad will be "toppled within weeks" !

More sauce for the goose ?

01/02/2012 16:41
JPost

Syrian President Bashar Assad’s regime will be toppled within weeks, Defense Minister Ehud Barak told the Knesset Foreign Affairs and Defense Committee on Monday.

Barak said there is a deepening lack of unity and an increasing amount of defectors from the Syrian Army that will lead to Assad’s downfall.

He also explained that it is difficult to predict what will happen after Assad falls from power, but the expected anarchy that will follow may affect the security of the Golan Heights.

According to Barak, Iran is uncomfortable with the upheaval in the Middle East, and is sending aid to Syria and Assad’s family, in an attempt to protect its strategic ties with Damascus.

Iran involved ?

Hmmm...

Barak: Assad to be toppled within weeks

Iran is also facing increasing pressure from an international community that recognizes Tehran’s efforts to “protest and deceive” the world as it tries to obtain nuclear weapons, Barak said.

Therefore, the defense minister explained, there is a new opportunity to pressure Iran through diplomatic means, and Israel and the US see eye-to eye on this matter more than ever before.

Hmmm...

edit on Jan-02-2012 by xuenchen because:
yer jets!

new topics

top topics

join