It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the best UFO case you have ever heard about?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Another very remarkable and fascinating case is the Colares UFO flap in Brazil 1977. In my opinion this should be regarded as one the very best cases ever.

The Colares flap refers to an outbreak of UFO sightings that occurred in 1977 on the Brazilian island of Colares. During the outbreak, the UFOs allegedly attacked the citizens with intense beams of radiation that left burn marks and puncture wounds. These sightings led to the Brazilian government dispatching a team to investigate under the codename Operation Saucer (Portuguese: Operação Prato), but the government later recalled the team and classified the files until the late 1990s.

This case has many significant trademarks such as multiple eye witnesses, physical evidence in the form of injuries, de-classified documents from investigation Operation Saucer and a startling testimony from Captain Uyrangê, who commanded the operation, twenty years later. Some three months later he was found dead hanging from his own belt.

One of the witnesses of the Colares UFO attacks was a physician, Dr. Wellaide Cecim Carvalho, who cared for and made medical tests on the victims. She identified the victims as suffering from fatigue, dizziness, headaches, low blood pressure, and anemia. Some had burn marks where the beams had hit them, with small puncture marks within the burned area. Permanent hair loss occurred in the affected zone. According to Dr. Carvalho, she attended to about 35 people with these symptoms, who claimed to have been struck by unidentified beams of light from the sky; two of the patients died. Dr. Carvalho said that she was caught in one of the mysterious aerial lights herself. She did not suffer any wounds or lasting physical effects.

Since 1977, there have been many witness testimonies and stories about military research and UFO sightings/attacks at Colares and other villages.

In May 2004, high-ranking generals from the Brazilian Air Force (FAB) met with a group of Brazilian ufologists (headed by Ademar Gevaerd) and released, for the examination of ufologists, a limited number of documents from "Operation Saucer". This release detailed the research undertaken by the military in Colares in 1977. According to the documents, in 1977 the military took photographs of UFOs, interviewed UFO witnesses, and themselves witnessed UFO sightings, making drawings of UFOs and their trajectories. In that meeting, FAB representatives stated that the FAB had been discreetly studying UFOs since 1954.

Some of drawings made by the investigative team look like this.

en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

I see that there already has been a small thread about it here on ATS. It contains some links to a documentary and other stuff for those interested.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 2-1-2012 by dadgad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   
If not done yet, you REALLY need to read some of the classics by Jacques Vallee

any or all of

> Messengers of Deception: UFO Contacts and Cults (paperback ed.). Ronin Publ.. June 1979. p. 243. ISBN 0-915904-38-1.
> Dimensions: A Casebook of Alien Contact (1st ed.). Contemporary Books. April 1988. p. 304. ISBN 0-8092-4586-8.
> Confrontations – A Scientist's Search for Alien Contact (1st ed.). Ballantine Books. March 1990. p. 263 hardcover. ISBN 0-345-36453-8.
> Revelations : Alien Contact and Human Deception (1st ed.). Ballantine Books. September 1991. p. 273 hardcover. ISBN 0-345-37172-0.

Those have really some of the weirdest sightings from South America, Brazil etc in it. It's a long time ago i read those books but i remember those South American sightings were FAR OUT. Highly recommended if you want to read something else besides going over the old stuff over and over again.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Rocketman7

its unbelievable, the lengths some people will go to just to get a date on valentines day.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   
I've been fascinated by and have read-up on UFOs for over 40 years, and I've witnessed the evolution of UFO lore during that time. When I review everything that I've read on the nebulous subject of UFOs, there's a case that stands out strong in my mind... The Great UFO Battle of 1561 in Nuremberg, Germany.

On the morning of April 14, 1561, the citizens of Nuremberg beheld "A very frightful spectacle." The sky appeared to fill with cylindrical objects from which red, black, orange and blue white disks and globes emerged. Crosses and tubes resembling cannon barrels also appeared whereupon the objects promptly "began to fight one another." This event is depicted in a famous 16th century woodcut by Hans Glaser.

Most interesting to me are the disks that crashed and burned, as depicted in the lower right of the image.

Five years later, the same thing apparently happened over Basel, Switzerland...

On August 7, 1566, at dawn, many citizens of Basel (Switzerland), frightened, saw during several hours the black spheres involved in a formidable aerial battle, invading the sky of their city: "at the time when the sun rose, one saw many large black balls which moved at high speed in the air towards the sun, then made half-turns, banging one against the others as if they were fighting a battle out a combat, a great number of them became red and igneous, thereafter they were consumed and died out," wrote Samuel Coccius.

Without fail, skeptics jump on these woodcuts as "religious symbolism" and try to write-off the incidents as religious allegory. Heh heh heh... As if skeptics are authorities on matters religious and miraculous.

I think these two sightings are the greatest in human history.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   
I dont know if it's the "best" but the one that always scared me was the disappearence of Fredrich Valentic in Australia in 1978 while flying a small plane and reporting he was being chased by a UFO

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   
ROSWELL ! Intelligence Officer Jesse Marcel, was picked because Mr. Marcel knew the difference between a weather balloon from a aircraft, balsa wood from a strange Ibeam, aluminum foil from memory metal! To suggest anything else is an insult to the post he held!

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rocketman7

Originally posted by facelift

This is no personal attack nor a substitute for critical thinking (though that one can be debated...), but that is a pretty subjective question, open to personal interpretation, which is the bane of all fringe topics - unfortunately...

One might find the '52 Capital case the most worthy of attention, while others may find the film Independence Day to be the most profound...

Point is: Go here - ask.abovetopsecret.com... and you should find what you are looking for...

Well I was hoping you would quote a paragraph that would portray a bit of the excitement that existed during the incident. Sending me to search ATS was not exactly what I had in mind, but I just happen to have a link to an actual video of that event. The UFO's over Washington DC in 1952.

Seen on radar, seen from the ground, and at one point chased by jet fighters.

While this is an amazing case, I should mention that the video here is not from the actual event, but a computer simulation. The actual event was photographed and certainly witnessed by many.

-rrr

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Cash/Landrum was indeed pretty intersting..may have something of ours gone wrong.Interesting even so.Maybe belonged to another country?

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Prior to the 1976 Iran UFO incident I was convinced UFO sightings were all bunk. This incident was the one that started my interest in the subject, since it was hard to imagine any terrestrial explanation for the incident and the radar / witness evidence.

After this case opened my willingness to entertain the possibility there were various cases and videos that reinforced the position that there is something non - terrestrial going on.

Among those, the Varginha case, Roswell (after reading Witness to Roswell). I watched the Disclosure Project interviews (out of which there are some I don't quite buy into, but the general sense lent support to the idea of something extraterrestrial happening)

As evidence for some concerted global effort in regards to extraterrestrial information I consider the release of UFO reports and files from over a dozen countries over the last 10 years to be significant.

Testimony by Henry W. McElroy about briefings to Eisenhower on arranging a meeting with EBE's is also significant.

Another case that grabbed my attention was the saucer shaped object transported thru Dallas TX in 2009. There was a flurry of twitter activity regarding the incident as well as reports by a radio station. Twitter quickly took most of the tweets and pictures out. The radio station involved had their tapes seized and the only evidence that remains of the case is perhaps the blurry video shot by a guy I had contact with on youtube defcon88, as well as some pictures. There was also a thread here on ATS about the incident allegedly by a cop involved in the case. Further evidence associated with the case was a series of reports of loud explosions just before midnight the night before the incident. By looking at the addresses of the reports of explosions I came up with an estimate as to where the location of the initial crash could have been and it corroborated the testimony of the supposed cop. Take it for what it is worth.

www.youtube.com...

This has to be the first case that I saw evidence disappearing before my eyes, checking a link one moment and that same link or video gone the next moment.

The O'hare incident is another.

Here are some videos that I find interesting:

www.youtube.com...=263s

www.youtube.com...=386s

-rrr

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I have to agree that the Tehran sighting in 1976 is the best, in that it has amateur and professional witnesses, radar returns, and actually shut down instrumentation on two different jets that approached it. I also like it because I don't think anyone even now has anything close to what was described in 1976, negating the old stand by of "Oh, it was clearly a black / secret project by some government."

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   

It's all night UFO madness here in ATS to welcome in 2012 ladies and jelly beans.

Even if in the end they were debunked, even if in the end it ended up being a hoax, what was the UFO case that really grabbed your interest and held you in a vise?

Quote a paragraph, of your favorite UFO cases.
(Up to 3 separate cases if you want)
When you quote the paragraph, really try to grab the reader's interest.

I will give you a case I thought was extraordinary when it first broke on Brazillian TV, that gripped me, and dragged me along that dark mysterious road of mystery and intrigue.

THE VARGINHA CASE

-NORAD contacts the Brazil military and informs them a UFO is going down in their area.
-farmers notice their cows are acting up, investigate and see a UFO. The UFO will be seen by numerous witnesses and there is more. An EBE is spotted by numerous witnesses in town and they call the authorities.

When four firemen arrived in a fireengine, they noticed that it was not a strange animal at all, and they also found the miltary already on the spot. The man in charge who send the four firemen to Jardim Andere to check the situation was Major Maciel. These firemen, at the moment they arrived there, called the major thru radio and asked him to go there too as the situation was more complicated than they thought. The Major arrived aprox. 10:30 AM, but by then the capture of the EBE was allready done. It was done with a net for wild animals and they used common gloves, but were afraid of radiation. According to witnesses on spot there were some people, including children who throwed some stones towards the EBE, who appeared apathic to the way he was treated. He only gave away a noise similar to bees buzzing. The adress of where the EBE was captured is in front of the house at Rua Suecia 3, Jardim Andere. The EBE was then placed in a wooden box with a white plastic canvas-cover, stretched hard to really make insight impossible, and transported away by a army truck.

WHat is your favorite case or cases?

honestly,,not a single one..

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by MCL1150
ROSWELL ! Intelligence Officer Jesse Marcel, was picked because Mr. Marcel knew the difference between a weather balloon from a aircraft, balsa wood from a strange Ibeam, aluminum foil from memory metal! To suggest anything else is an insult to the post he held!

Sure, the Roswell case goes without mention. And Jesse Marcel is only one out of perhaps half a dozen direct witnesses of the wreckage that have gone on record.

-rrr

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by rabzdguy
My abduction is my best ufo case

:

You are smiling. I take you were you know, shall we say probed?
Get a star map and a T shirt or any sort of souvenir? Secrets of the universe?

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by dadgad
I would have to say the Tehran, Iran incident from 1976. It is probably the best documented military encounter with anomalous phenomena. It is also one of the few cases in which military officials openly discussed the matter. Iranian pilots and generals have gone on record stating their beliefs that what they saw was not terrestrial.

The 1976 Tehran UFO Incident was a radar and visual sighting of an unidentified flying object (UFO) over Tehran, the capital of Iran, during the early morning hours of 19 September 1976. The incident is particularly notable for the electromagnetic interference effects observed upon aircraft coming within close proximity to the object: two F-4 Phantom II jet interceptors independently lost instrumentation and communications as they approached, only to have them restored upon withdrawal; one of the aircraft suffered temporary weapons systems failure, while preparing to open fire. The incident, extensively recorded in a four-page U.S. Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA) report distributed to at least the White House, Secretary of State, Joint Chiefs of Staff, National Security Agency (NSA) and Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), remains one of the most well-documented military encounters with anomalous phenomena in history, and various senior Iranian military officers directly involved with the events have gone on public record stating their belief that the object was not of terrestrial origin.

The American DIA made an extensive report about the incident. It summarized as following"

"An outstanding report. This case is a classic which meets all the criteria necessary for a valid study of the UFO phenomenon:
a) The object was seen by multiple witnesses from different locations (i.e., Shamiran, Mehrabad, and the dry lake bed) and viewpoints (both airborne and from the ground).
b) The credibility of many of the witnesses was high (an Air Force general, qualified aircrews, and experienced tower operators).
c) Visual sightings were confirmed by radar.
d) Similar electromagnetic effects (EME) were reported by three separate aircraft.
e) There were physiological effects on some crew members (i.e., loss of night vision due to the brightness of the object).
f) An inordinate amount of maneuverability was displayed by the UFOs."

For a more detailed account read full article: en.wikipedia.org...

I remember when this one came out through FOIA documents.

My gut feeling has always been this was an attempt by the US military to imitate a UFO event.
When the American industrial complex sells aircraft to a foreignpower, they install the electronics and if you do not accept that, they will not sell you the aircraft. So they have ways of shutting them down in the event they are ever used against them. This is even true when selling aircraft to Canada as a for instance.

Now the objects leaving and coming back were probably just high speed jets.

The radar return was a Boeing 747 originally then a visual as a large cigar shaped object well it is easy to mistake a jet for a cigar shaped object from a distance.

This sighting does not follow the usual M.O. either.

And the sighting of a thunderbird like object sounds like a conventional high speed jet. A small one like the ones launched from Boeing aircraft to break the sound barier. Experimental craft. They can fly 3,000 mph.

Then you have the report from the American side which is very eager to attribute this case to a UFO sighting.

So I can't say for sure, but my gut feeling has always been this is a military operation.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by dadgad
I would have to say the Tehran, Iran incident from 1976. It is probably the best documented military encounter with anomalous phenomena. It is also one of the few cases in which military officials openly discussed the matter. Iranian pilots and generals have gone on record stating their beliefs that what they saw was not terrestrial.

The 1976 Tehran UFO Incident was a radar and visual sighting of an unidentified flying object (UFO) over Tehran, the capital of Iran, during the early morning hours of 19 September 1976. The incident is particularly notable for the electromagnetic interference effects observed upon aircraft coming within close proximity to the object: two F-4 Phantom II jet interceptors independently lost instrumentation and communications as they approached, only to have them restored upon withdrawal; one of the aircraft suffered temporary weapons systems failure, while preparing to open fire. The incident, extensively recorded in a four-page U.S. Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA) report distributed to at least the White House, Secretary of State, Joint Chiefs of Staff, National Security Agency (NSA) and Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), remains one of the most well-documented military encounters with anomalous phenomena in history, and various senior Iranian military officers directly involved with the events have gone on public record stating their belief that the object was not of terrestrial origin.

The American DIA made an extensive report about the incident. It summarized as following"

"An outstanding report. This case is a classic which meets all the criteria necessary for a valid study of the UFO phenomenon:
a) The object was seen by multiple witnesses from different locations (i.e., Shamiran, Mehrabad, and the dry lake bed) and viewpoints (both airborne and from the ground).
b) The credibility of many of the witnesses was high (an Air Force general, qualified aircrews, and experienced tower operators).
c) Visual sightings were confirmed by radar.
d) Similar electromagnetic effects (EME) were reported by three separate aircraft.
e) There were physiological effects on some crew members (i.e., loss of night vision due to the brightness of the object).
f) An inordinate amount of maneuverability was displayed by the UFOs."

For a more detailed account read full article: en.wikipedia.org...

I remember when this one came out through FOIA documents.

My gut feeling has always been this was an attempt by the US military to imitate a UFO event.
When the American industrial complex sells aircraft to a foreignpower, they install the electronics and if you do not accept that, they will not sell you the aircraft. So they have ways of shutting them down in the event they are ever used against them. This is even true when selling aircraft to Canada as a for instance.

Now the objects leaving and coming back were probably just high speed jets.

The radar return was a Boeing 747 originally then a visual as a large cigar shaped object well it is easy to mistake a jet for a cigar shaped object from a distance.

This sighting does not follow the usual M.O. either.

And the sighting of a thunderbird like object sounds like a conventional high speed jet. A small one like the ones launched from Boeing aircraft to break the sound barier. Experimental craft. They can fly 3,000 mph.

Then you have the report from the American side which is very eager to attribute this case to a UFO sighting.

So I can't say for sure, but my gut feeling has always been this is a military operation.

Eagerness would be the last way I would describe the classification of a sighting as a UFO. UFO means unidentified. Eager would be to jump to a conclusion as to what it was.

While experimental craft can certainly go as fast as you describe they do not maneuver well enough to fly in circles around a supersonic jet. They are also visually identifiable as jets and do not dock with other aircraft. So this description leaves a large number of details unexplained.

-rrr

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickyrrr

Originally posted by MCL1150

Sure, the Roswell case goes without mention. And Jesse Marcel is only one out of perhaps half a dozen direct witnesses of the wreckage that have gone on record.

-rrr

Yes but in all of that whole case what was described about the workings of the craft at the time?

What of the motor, what of the control panels, the computers, all the rest? Any mention at the time of transistors or fiber optic cables?

That all came out later and could have come from the 1941 incident, and Roswell merely a mock up job, to divert attention from a real event, so that if necessary, Roswell could be debunked, and the real crash retrieval would stay secret or more secret and the technology could be used and released to the public.

Lost of talk of a kind of mylar, well in 1947 you could pass off mylar for some kind of plastic metal from outer space. No talk of fiber optics in the crash, or transistors, or anyting in fact they said it was a glider.
So they would not have to show any motor wreckage of any kind.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickyrrr
[

Eagerness would be the last way I would describe the classification of a sighting as a UFO. UFO means unidentified. Eager would be to jump to a conclusion as to what it was.

While experimental craft can certainly go as fast as you describe they do not maneuver well enough to fly in circles around a supersonic jet. They are also visually identifiable as jets and do not dock with other aircraft. So this description leaves a large number of details unexplained.

-rrr

The Shah was still in power at the time and as a puppet of the American military complex he could have been a party to this excersize.
Which might bring some of the testimony into question as well.

I didn't actually read anything about any craft flying circles around any other craft maybe I missed that part, unless it was a wide circle, of 10 miles in diameter or so.

Of all the FOIA docs that one was the best case, and when I read it, it just smelled bad.
The reason being there is always some sort of symbolsm that is a part of every sighting and in tune with certain things which you might call cosmically politically motivated. As a for instance references to Pleiades or similar but never any reference to a thunderbird. That has no mythlogical reference except for in Native indian culture.

It was IMHO an orchestrated military manuever, with people in other militaries aware of the show, and it was in part designed to relieve pressure on the fact that a disk had flown around a warhead and disabled it.

The airforce probably wanted to say, hell we can do that. We have that technology, watch, we will show you.

Thats what I think.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by dadfortruth1

A buddy of mine does a lot of camping up in the Rockies. Guy is rock-solid, skeptic-type with more outdoors experience than 99% of the people out there who claim to be of that type. He and his wife were up in the middle of nowhere in Wyoming a few years back camping and saw some strange stuff. They were up in the high country, getting ready to bed down in their tent, and they noticed it getting light off in the distance. They got out of their tent and started looking around and saw a huge, glowing object of some kind right below the treeline maybe a mile or so away across a valley that appeared to be hovering. It stayed there for a while, then shot up, out and away at really high speeds. It was the middle of the night and they had hiked in, so they had to stay in camp until it got light enough to move, and they weren't really sure what the heck just happened anyway or if they were in any kind of danger. Right around the time it started getting light enough to see they heard a bunch of noise and saw three or four completely unmarked, black army-style transport helicopters hovering low over the same area where the light was seen moving around like they were looking for something. So, my friend and his wife got pretty spooked and high-tailed it out.

Dude has only told this story to a few people because he says it would just make him look like a 'UFO nut' and he's actually sort of embarrassed that it happened. My guess is there are a running TON of stories out there that we'll never hear precisely because of the stigma.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by samcrow

Dude has only told this story to a few people because he says it would just make him look like a 'UFO nut' and he's actually sort of embarrassed that it happened. My guess is there are a running TON of stories out there that we'll never hear precisely because of the stigma.

That's a very good point. The UFO subculture now attaches an elaborate mythology to every unexplained light in the sky or dodgy youtube video. This seems like the most rational UFO discussion group and you still see that happening here on almost every thread. How many witnesses don't want to be associated with that and never report their sightings to anyone? And at this point in history what would there be to be gained anyway? What UFO witness has every really had resolution about what they've seen? And that's not even taking into account witnesses to high weirdness that doesn't fit into the accepted UFO myth who have no one to turn to at all.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I like the Roswell Incident the most. I really love that photo of General Ramey kneeling beside some tin foil and balsa wood holding a telegram mentioning a 'disc' and 'victims of the wreck'. Hahaha. There was a lot of bureaucratic bungling of that case and piss poor coverup material. I suspect it may have been one of our first UFO coverups as a nuclear nation.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join